Defective / Dead laptops/laptop parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
htnakirs said:
Meph : You only send after I give an estimated value which you agree to. Later deductions will only be minor (usually for cosmetic defects to body - unless you forgot/omitted something in the preliminary description). Ofcourse if damage occurs in transit, the deduction will be in proportion to the damaged component.
Well, that will involve a lot of trust.
Anyways, I will post the config of the laptop I was talking about earlier, with the current state of it.

htnakirs said:
100 for the defective drive, 50 for the module.
Don't need defective adapters, if adapters are working and original (not compatible) then 250 each.

your first post reads Rs.750 for the DVD drive!

Why would anyone sell you a working adapter![/B]

Adapters are 2xHP Originals - not working

spawn : 750 is for a working DVD writer. Defective drives are 100 a piece.

mayank : Can't predict drive failures, but bad sectors are a bad sign. Let's hope someone responds on your thread, if not I'm always here.

How much for one defective laptop ram module - 2 GB DDR2 800 from a toshiba X200 2007 model?

I also have a old rig: P4 2.8 GHz prescott proccy, Abit mobo, 512 MB or 1 GB OCZ DDR400 ram(dont remember the quantity), BFG Geforce 6800 GT AGP card, 40 GB seagare IDE drive, 80 GB seagate sata drive, dvd rw (faulty eject button), antec super lanboy case and an additional dvd rw, a benq E2200 monitor. The pc boots but maybe a problem with the card or bad sectors on HDD not really sure what it is. the monitor has some flickering issues. Can you give me an estimate for the whole lot?

Hi

I hav HP 520 lappy 3yr old

screen got screwed yesterday

80GB HDD, 512 RAm, DVD reader/CD writer

No adapter, No carry bag

price please, and shipping address

thanx

drkrack : If other components are working and it has a core duo processor, with one hour backup, and the body is in good condition I can offer 4500. I'll PM shipping address if estimate is agreeable.

Thread is getting long, so I'll mention first post here with updated estimates so readers don't end up asking questions already answered.

All dead and defective laptops and laptop parts are welcome.
hard disks, optical drives, RAM modules, etc
or defective laptops as a whole with working parts inside also are accepted.

There is a catch :
Items need to be shipped to me at your cost for verification, before payment is made. Ofcourse, this does not apply to known defective/dead components. Only applies in cases where whole laptops with salvageable working components are shipped.

Approximate prices - subject to change updated 1.6.10:
Say for a "dead" laptop you can expect
Rs. 750 for DVDwriter
Rs. 2500 for wide screen ( no scratches / dead pixels) Normal aspect screens 1500
Rs. 500 for 1Gb RAM DDR2
Rs. 1000 for 160GB HDD SATA
Rs. 500 for adapter + bag
Rs. 100 for dead motherboard
Rs. 250 for CPU
Rs. 500 for body (no scratches, dents)
Rs. 500 for battery with last recorded backup of over 60 mins.

So, if local service center offers to buy back dead laptop for less than Rs. 7000, reply here.

Dead/defective stuff also is valuable : Rs. 100 for dead hard disks and optical drives. Rs. 50 for RAM modules. (Please note, if the drives have been opened, they shall not be acceptable since there would be nothing left to salvage.)

When replying (PLEASE AVOID PMs, POST IN THREAD ONLY) mention the following :
brand and model no.
complete specs - especially if you have changed components
nature of defect
last recorded battery duration (if battery is included)

Please note that the prices mentioned are for original, unrepaired parts. Compatible and repaired stuff will be of lesser value. Please mention this when providing config details.
Also since I have a personal bias against foreign goods, stuff not bought locally will be undervalued.

Modus operandi :
I shall offer an approximate value for the stuff based on your description, and if this is agreeable you can ship the stuff to me. After verification, if the stuff is as described (and adjusting for damage in transit), I shall credit the amount to your account.

Hey
I have 3 year old IBM R 60
The hinge on the scrren on one side is broken
Otherwise the laptop works perfectly fine.
Cd writer
80 gb hard disck
1256 MB ram
Centrino Processor @1.83 Ghz
Original carry bag,never used
Adapter, repaired.
Fully funtional , no problem whatso ever apart form the broken hinge.
Please quote your price.

Karan : I can offer Rs. 6000 if the battery can do 60 mins.
You should get better offers if you start a thread on it.

Since the battery is orginal and has not been replaced, it can do about 20 minutes boss.But the screen, ram,hdd , cd writereverything works just fine.

Karan : I can offer 5500 for it. If you are not looking for a better offer (by starting a dedicated thread ) and have unparallelled packing skills (to ensure there is no damage in transit), you can ship it to the address I've pmed you. Please read through the first post to know about the conditions of the trade.

Also need defective LCDs. If you have dead LCD (not cracked) I can offer Rs. 100 apiece.
In general, DO NOT leave defective laptop parts with repair center, they are worth something. So either take replaced parts back or ask for a reduction in repair charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back