Delhi gang-rapists sentenced to death

Status
Not open for further replies.
9 Months to deliver judgement in a clear cut case.
A case which had no political angle, no celeb involved, so no familiar delays.. and yet 9 months for the case to be closed. If this is what is the state for as strong a case the country has seen, We can very well imagine how the high profile cases will be and are being treated.

They showed the pics of all the 4 sentenced convicts. They really should show the face of the 'juvenile' too.

The alternative is they did not catch the guys, or they managed to evade being convicted.

The thinking is if people did not riot this case may never have been tackled. I don't think so. But will it set a standard to follow for other cases in the future. That is where the hope lies.

From what I read, it was the juvenile who inflicted the maximum harm to the poor victim. And he goes scot- free in less than 2 years from now..! :mad: That is even more disturbing..

From what I read, it was the juvenile who inflicted the maximum harm to the poor victim. And he goes scot- free in less than 2 years from now..! :mad: That is even more disturbing..

This.

Who is to guarantee that he won't do something like this ever again? Sometimes, the law of our land is f.ck all!

There is still a long way. They have options to move higher courts and then to President plea. In such cases judgement should be given by the highest authority with no scope for reconsideration.

Long time to go before they are hanged. They will plea to higher court and case will go there and then will sit on the desk of the sitting duck of President of this god forsaken country and these people will enjoy their stay in Jails at tax payer's expense.
Just have a secret hanging immediately like they did with Kasab and all. Get over with this sh!t.

Sometimes i wonder if there is even a need of a President and Prime minister for this country ?
President appears to be the most useless post and the lady who was there last time was probably the worst president of this country. I don't even know what qualified her to become one.
I am not in politics and have little knowledge so i might be wrong with above.

Sometimes i wonder if there is even a need of a President and Prime minister for this country ?
President appears to be the most useless post and the lady who was there last time was probably the worst president of this country. I don't even know what qualified her to become one.
I am not in politics and have little knowledge so i might be wrong with above.

i think that you understand/know well what made her qualify for that post (the story that was doing the rounds till sometime back), and you wrote in just a sarcastic manner. ;)

anyway, that's OT to discuss here.

Right. In the future, he might not actually be involved in the same crime but it would be harrowing to know that the person sitting beside you well might be a rabid dog that got scot free because of a legal system that treats crime by age.

Here is an example of what could happen: http://articles.timesofindia.indiat...41832667_1_vishal-juvenile-justice-act-jj-act

Actually if I am right, a juvenile is released once he attains 18 years of age even if he has not fulfilled the full sentence. This was mentioned earlier in the news papers as well. If that is correct, then the 3 years sentence is only on paper and he will come out without serving any time at all now that he is 18 years old.

Our Juvenile laws needs revising very badly. The age limit should be reduced to 12 years. There are many 14 year old's who committed brutal crimes with the full knowledge that they won't be treated the same way as adults and can get away with little punishment even if caught.

In US, just because somebody is less than 18 years does not mean that they can get away. Psychological assessments are done to determine the maturity level. There are 13~15 year old's who have been sentenced to full life imprisonment and by life imprisonment, I mean for their entire life time as against the standard 14 year sorry excuse of a life imprisonment that we have in India.

Last edited:
the kind of life-term/'overlife'-term sentences that some convicted chaps get there in the U.S. (even for economic offences), the mere mention of just those sentences to convicts here at home could be enough to pull out their dear life out of their throats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back