Laptops dell inspiron 14 or studio 14?

lounge

Disciple
new launch by dell india - inspiron 14 has great configuration options for cheaper price..

but it does not have HDMI and the studio finish and looks..

where as studio 14 does not have (as compared to inspiron) -

1. better proccy options
2. extra bucks for LED screen upgrade..
what would you guys suggest.. need to order the system for friend in a day or two..

budget - 45k
use - normal web..

thanks..

if u want for normal web surfing and listening music and other stuff

get the more value for money inspiron 14.

great config for the price

MohitPreet said:
if u want for normal web surfing and listening music and other stuff
get the more value for money inspiron 14.
great config for the price

thats what i am wondering.. the new inspiron 14 gives so much in that price range.. but then whats the primary difference between a inspiron series and studio series laptop?

Go for Dell inspiron as Mohitpreet said:)

yep, even i am leaning towards inspiron 14.. the only flaw i see there is absence of HDMI port..

but i guess my friend, for whom i am getting this lappy, wouldn't use this port that much.. apart from that, this laptop seems perfect except that its a new arrival, which calls for waiting for sometime till all its issues get resolved..

so is it advisable to wait a bit or i can get it right away..??

may be dell puts HDMI in it in near future....

any suggestions?

inspiron is supposed to be lower-end for dell whereas studio is mid-range.

u need to decide for yourself, wot u want - better looks or more value for ur money?

i think the newer studio 14z series hasnt been introduced in India as yet.

jampack said:
i think the newer studio 14z series hasnt been introduced in India as yet.

i have checked with dell usa.. the studio 14 has similar specs as we have at dell india..

either the new studio version has not been launched at all or there is no newer version, cos dell USA should have the latest i guess..

anyways, i am leaning towards inspiron 14, its clearly a better choice and gives studio run for its money..

thanks mates..

thanks friends.. have ordered inspiron 14.. 2.4 c2d, 4 gb, 250 7200 rpm, led screen, black color, intel wifi a,b,g; 1 year complete cover - got a good deal too.. thanks for the suggestions..

TE rocks.. :)

thanks.. this lappy is for my friend.. i just had to recommend him.. he got the deal in 40.5k.. :p really awesome deal cos he got a discount of almost 6.5k

he had links..

amol_cool said:
Studio 14 anyday... Better config and better looks as well :)

have a look at the dell inspiron config options and price at the dell.com plz.. yes, certainly studio has better looks.. but confis options are not better than inspiron.. may be soon dell will have these options on studio as well..

lounge said:
have a look at the dell inspiron config options and price at the dell.com plz.. yes, certainly studio has better looks.. but confis options are not better than inspiron.. may be soon dell will have these options on studio as well..

I am sorry but I disagree with you. There are two models in inspiron 14 and one in studio 14 that can be customized. The only difference between two models of inspiron is later one has belkin backpack and creative EP630 earphones with it and is costly by 2k than the first one.

So I compared it directly with the studio 14 which is priced at 40,899 and inspiron 14 is priced at 39,900 both exclusive of taxes. Studio has 4 gb ram PLUS an option to upgrade to 256MB HD3450 while inspiron has 3 gb and no gfx upgrade option. Rest almost everything is the same. So how come inspiron config is better than studio 14 :? However if you don care about looks at all and are sure that you are never gonna need any better graphics then inspiron is better :)

Hi,

I received my Dell Inspiron 14 last friday. Direct order from dell.

Spec:

2.1GHz Core2Duo,

4GB RAM,

250GB 7500RPM HDD,

Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit (eligible for upgrade to windows 7 64-bit),

Intel GMA 4500 HD. (Studio 14 still has uses X3100 GMA)

No carry case and the usual stuff.

Cost: Rs.39600/-

Same spec Studio 14 costs 41,500/- (with vista 32-bit which is not eligible for upgrade to Windows 7).

Pros: Good value for money.

Cons:

Glossy = fingerprint magnet.

No LED indication for Caps lock or WiFi.

Lid is made of cheap plastic which kinda bends if you try to open the lid just by pushing it up from one side.

Now am thinking about returning the laptop. Major turn off was the absence of caps lock/wifi indicators. Also, they forgot to paste the multi-coloured sticker which contains microsoft windows vista license number(not a biggie). Found the palm-rest area was not properly locked into bottom of the laptop. Had to press it down to properly lock it. Blame dell quality control.

I called Dell and they're willing to take the laptop back. Am thinking about going for Studio 14 or Vostro 1520. If anyone has experience with these please comment.

-Arun

Forgot to mention that it was for my dad. So I really wanted it to be good. Only thing he's concerned about is the glossy finish. He's worried if the finish will wear off eventually making the lid look ugly. Happened to anyone ?

-Arun

agn said:
Forgot to mention that it was for my dad. So I really wanted it to be good. Only thing he's concerned about is the glossy finish. He's worried if the finish will wear off eventually making the lid look ugly. Happened to anyone ?

-Arun

you can also consider the latitude series laptops available in dealer section. imo, the build quality of inspiron doesnt even come close to latitude series.

Back