Monitors Dell Monitor Screen Flicker Issue... help please (issue images inside)

Emperor

Skilled
Dear Friends,

My Dell LED 22" monitor suddenly start behaving abnormally, please check the attach image and suggest me it's repairable or not...

dell-monitor-issue-2.jpgpower-cable-connected-2.jpg
power-cable-connected-1.jpg dell-monitor-issue-3.jpg
dell-monitor-issue-6.jpg

Thanks in advance

Contact any TV LCD repair guy to check your monitor. But from pictures I guess its not repairable. But some expert may confirm as there are multiple capacitors at the back of panel maybe they can be replaced.

Dell ST2220L

I called TV Tech person he ask Rs.250/- as visiting charge + Repairing Charges if any (also said if he is unable to repair still he will charges Rs.250/-)

When Dell failed to provide good monitor in warranty period, do you think they will ever touch the monitor (as soon as they come to know it's history from Product Code)?
They might fix it for you this time around. Now that it's out of warranty, they are going to charge you for the repairs. Money is a great motivator :p

They might fix it for you this time around. Now that it's out of warranty, they are going to charge you for the repairs. Money is a great motivator :p

ok.. but I don't trust dell any more.... when quality itself matters than what expect from repairing (component quality)

Dell won't service out of warranty monitors.
I too have the same monitor which would power off after 10 minutes.
The dell service guy said that dell does not repair monitors. They just replace them if its under warranty.
So checked with a friend who repairs TV's and it seemed to be motherboard circuit issue.
Got it repaired at Lamington for a high 2.5k since it was out of production and spares were not available.

Dell won't service out of warranty monitors.
I too have the same monitor which would power off after 10 minutes.
The dell service guy said that dell does not repair monitors. They just replace them if its under warranty.
So checked with a friend who repairs TV's and it seemed to be motherboard circuit issue.
Got it repaired at Lamington for a high 2.5k since it was out of production and spares were not available.

on what month or year you got it repaired?

Is it still working in PERFECT condition?

Would you like to PM me address of Lemington Road, so may be can check there too..

Repaired it 3-4 months back.
Yes, now works perfectly.
Although it flickers while startup for 4-5 minutes and gets stable.
I did not approach a specific monitor repairing shop.
I have been dealing with New Link Infotech(Computer shop) for quite a long time.
I find them trustworthy.
I am sure New Link did charge me a margin for the repairs. He made a quote before starting repairs.
I would suggest ask for the faulty part number and check for its price in the market.
I was short of time and had to skip this part.

Repaired it 3-4 months back.
Yes, now works perfectly.
Although it flickers while startup for 4-5 minutes and gets stable.
I did not approach a specific monitor repairing shop.
I have been dealing with New Link Infotech(Computer shop) for quite a long time.
I find them trustworthy.
I am sure New Link did charge me a margin for the repairs. He made a quote before starting repairs.
I would suggest ask for the faulty part number and check for its price in the market.
I was short of time and had to skip this part.

Hi,

Do they repairs on the spot or ask to keep monitor for 2-3 days or ask visit after 2-3 hrs.

Is there more than 1 shops at Lemington Road who actually repair Monitor/TV and not out-source the job?

sorry, but I think what you paid is quite higher side ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes.2.5k is very high for a 4 year old monitor bought for 9k.
But the entire motherboard had to be changed.
What would be leftover is only the led panel.
So I thought it made sense over buying a new one at 10k+
And i wanted the monitor badly then for some exams and hence did not research much.
1 day for repairing was enough.
In your case, i think its the panel that has gone kaput.

Yes.2.5k is very high for a 4 year old monitor bought for 9k.
But the entire motherboard had to be changed.
What would be leftover is only the led panel.
So I thought it made sense over buying a new one at 10k+
And i wanted the monitor badly then for some exams and hence did not research much.
1 day for repairing was enough.
In your case, i think its the panel that has gone kaput.

Ok,

Finger crossed over Bad Capacitor or panel Kaput....

Any idea about panel replacement charges? (I read it almost equal to new one)

Thanks for replies

If going by scenarios in TV, it would be nearly 80% of price of new one. So yes its almost equal to new one.

It's Panel Gone.... very disappointing that Rs.10,000/- monitor fail in just 5 years....

And most shocking part that Dell monitor using LG PANEL.... so why buy DELL ... better go with LG

It was too obvious.
Take the case of TV or monitor, the panel is always the most sensitive part and the first to go kaput.
I have friends who bought expensive Bravias from Singapore shops and had no option other than dumping after 2 years.

Check the Stress-related part in this wiki link
List of LED failure modes

I know my monitor went kaput due to earthing and voltage fluctuation problems in my locality.

Back