PC Peripherals Dell u2311h query.

Faraz

Skilled
I currently have a ST2320L monitor from dell. I wanted to buy a IPS panel monitor and decided to contact dell if it was possible to upgrade my monitor as i was ready to pay extra. But they refused as it was not under their policies. Instead they asked me to sell my current monitor and buy a new monitor from them.
They quoted me a price of 12670 for u2311h. Shall i go ahead? Any particular issues with this model? Also is the price quoted right or can i get cheaper somewhere else?
Please let me know soon the quotation is valid till 15days only :p

I bought it for 14500 a year back and I must say it is awesome...you will never regret it...

Caution: I am kind of a layman in terms of display calibration etc....so when I was researching about the model I found that many people's models were suffering from backlight bleeding....but I have not observed anything like that in the monitor I got...so either it is not there or it is not visible (to me atleast).

There are no issues about Dell U2311H.It's an excellent panel,The 12.5k price is very good considering it was getting sold for 15k.This is an amazing deal go for it.

shopkeepers quote it for more than 14k even now. if you're getting it in that amount its a good deal. dell quoted me 15.5k for the u2312hm model which is similar to this. i was told the 2311h model was discontinued months back.

The U2312HM isn't as good as it's predecessor so U2311H-12.6k is a no brainer @6pack yes the U2311H model is discontinued as i asked primeabgb few days back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a comparison,The overall picture quality,Contrast ratio and black depth is better on Dell U2311H,Dell's successor is not as good as earlier one-
comparison.jpg
^^
But isn't U2312, a LED backlit panel?

No offense meant but you have a pretty crappy monitor as of now (experienced two of those in quick succession and returned them both) . It is great that you are thinking of upgrading.
At that price, not buying the U2311H is a crime. Since it is officially discontinued by Dell, whatever price quotes that you might manage to get elsewhere will be higher than 14.5K for sure.
Just confirm again if it is indeed the U2311H. Heck, even the U2312HM (its LED backlit successor) is worth that price.

P.S. Emailed quotations from Dell are usually valid for 7 days only. Please recheck about the 15-day period part.

No offense meant but you have a pretty crappy monitor as of now
I know :p

P.S. Emailed quotations from Dell are usually valid for 7 days only. Please recheck about the 15-day period part.
The mail i got from them mentions the validity as 15days.

Here's a comparison,The overall picture quality,Contrast ratio and black depth is better on Dell U2311H,Dell's successor is not as good as earlier one
What about the input lag?
Wont it be bad for gaming?

^ read the review about it at tftcentral. Its the same review from which Jacob put the comparison table. Its not as bad as the 2311h as mentioned in the end.
Well to be honest at this price point these are the only good panels available. The next price point for a better panel jumps to 19k and above.

They mentioned the size of u2311h in the table as 24" so i have asked them to confirm if it actually is the same model.
Now does anyone here has an idea as to how much i should sell my current ST2320L for? Bought in oct 2011 warranty till oct 2014. In pristine condition.

Can you provide the contact of the dell place from which you got that particular quote for the Dell 2311H .. I would like to buy the same too...

Well i was about to pay them when they told me they ran out of stock. So i asked them for a quotation for u2312hm and they sent me a quote of 17.5k for it. :annoyed: Flipkart has it for 16.2k but its out of stock. Everywhere i had been reading this model comes at a lower cost than the u2311h.

Can you provide the contact of the dell place from which you got that particular quote for the Dell 2311H .. I would like to buy the same too...

No longer available. You can still ask a quote by emailing them. Thats what i did.

Back