WTB Dell Ultrasharp 2312 or 2412

Status
Not open for further replies.
GM Harry.
I am very happy with the monitor. Go for it.:). The USB hub on the monitor also works great.

I would be getting the gfx card today.. got stuck with the corsair psi.. (snapdeal..:mad:). Will buy it from vashi plaza today.

Thanks for the reply brother, hope you enjoy the rig.

This is how it looks. I have put a blue fan on the side of the cabinet. On the left is the UPS. Photo taken without flash with Lumia 720...lovely phone.:)

Attachments

• 1372013481041.jpg
    1372013481041.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 97
This is how it looks. I have put a blue fan on the side of the cabinet. On the left is the UPS. Photo taken without flash with Lumia 720...lovely phone.:)

Congrats.
Which UPS you bought bro and from where?. Please do also tell me, I also wanna buy one urgently.

APC Back UPS pro BR1000G-IN. From vashi plaza. Hariom computer. Need to chk the price..probably 7500.

Thanks buddy,
Wow that quite expensive. But sadly I have to go for one UPS.

If you are looking for a heavy built, i think it is better to go for a good high capacity UPS. Especially with a big screen the UPS will run out of gas in a few minutes/ seconds. My earlier UPS were from Sukam and Powersafe. The powersafe was still better; Sukam is just crap. After an year it cannot even support the internet router for more than a few seconds..forget about the PC :( . So this time i spend three times more than what i would have normally spent.. hoping for the best,

If you are looking for a heavy built, i think it is better to go for a good high capacity UPS. Especially with a big screen the UPS will run out of gas in a few minutes/ seconds. My earlier UPS were from Sukam and Powersafe. The powersafe was still better; Sukam is just crap. After an year it cannot even support the internet router for more than a few seconds..forget about the PC :( . So this time i spend three times more than what i would have normally spent.. hoping for the best,

Thanks a lot for your patient replies brother.
Well I do have a heavy(?) build except graphics card. But whatever I have is quite expensive, I bought hoping it would last some time rather than just getting outdated in 2 yrs.
Hope it does last long. But for that I guess I also need a UPS, although there is not much problem here but still I think its better to be safe.
But am heavily confused as to which UPS to go for.

If you can manage the budget, get the model I bought. There is an option to increase the backup time by connecting additional battery later.
Although power situation in vashi is much better now, I did not want to risk the rig due to power problems. I also plan to add a smaller ups for the router which is currently connected to the old ups.
BTW, I have hooked up my cordless landline with the new ups..so no sudden disconnection due to power.:)

..."overbudget heavy rig"...:D..heavy on configuration and pocket:p
Thanks to emi on credit cards..

If you can manage the budget, get the model I bought. There is an option to increase the backup time by connecting additional battery later.
Although power situation in vashi is much better now, I did not want to risk the rig due to power problems. I also plan to add a smaller ups for the router which is currently connected to the old ups.
BTW, I have hooked up my cordless landline with the new ups..so no sudden disconnection due to power.:)

..."overbudget heavy rig"...:D..heavy on configuration and pocket:p
Thanks to emi on credit cards..

Thanks again bro. Have to manage budget.
Yea these heavy builds are like white elephants, they ask a lot. So now have to feed mine too, no option :D

I am planning to make a "ultra light" rig for 24/7 download :) ...will start a new thread soon. i am feeling bad to keep this rig on for 24/7 :(.. donno what the electricity bill will be next month :p

GM Harry.
I am very happy with the monitor. Go for it.:). The USB hub on the monitor also works great.

I would be getting the gfx card today.. got stuck with the corsair psi.. (snapdeal..:mad:). Will buy it from vashi plaza today.

Sorry forgot to reply here earlier.
I got a Dell u2312hm. For media consumption it's an awesome monitor, IPS is on another level than TN.
But for general work like word, excel and browing I found it a bit stressing. Don't know why exactly.

Hi harry_houdini

I don't know about you, but for me, upgrading from a 15 inch 3:4 LCD monitor to a 24incher widescreen behemoth was awesome. For the first time i had to move my head instead of my eyeballs to capture the whole screen while working on a document :rolleyes: . But the brightness is a bit too much for document work. Try to reduce the brightness when working on documents. It might help...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back