Windows Dell Windows 10 home

navin007

Disciple
Hello friends i have a dell laptop dell Inspiron 7353 2-in-1 and it is from America so i got it with window 10 home i want to update to windows 10 pro is it possible if yes how .

Thanks In Advance.

You can do it by:
  • freshly installing a new copy of windows 10 pro along with the key , which can be bought online or via members in the forum (MSDN retail/OEM key).
  • Upgrading existing system from 10 home to 10 pro .

You can do it by:
  • freshly installing a new copy of windows 10 pro along with the key , which can be bought online or via members in the forum (MSDN retail/OEM key).
  • Upgrading existing system from 10 home to 10 pro .

Which is better way overall ? Cost as well as future use aspect-wise; if someone sells laptop in future, what happens to upgraded license ?

Which is better way overall ? Cost as well as future use aspect-wise; if someone sells laptop in future, what happens to upgraded license ?
If you go by price then it totally depends from where you are buying the key and which type of key you are buying eg. retail/oem.
OEM keys have minimum two activation (tested with windows 7 professional OEM keys) , ie you can use two machines/motherboards with the same key . Once a motherboard/machine is activated it doesn't add up to further activation count on formatting or freshly installing.I have used MSDN retail key which gave us around 5-6 activation , which is 5-6 different PC on a single key .I dont know much about retail keys , by that i mean , i have not tried activating windows over phone if the key failed after 3-5 PCs .
I hope I was helpful :p

Yes it did help :D

However I am still wondering what would hppen if I am selling that laptop with upgraded OS ? Does that license remain tied with it ?

if there is any way that i can sell my existing oem key of dell
and get some discount[DOUBLEPOST=1464885680][/DOUBLEPOST]but how many activation i can do

if there is any way that i can sell my existing oem key of dell
and get some discount[DOUBLEPOST=1464885680][/DOUBLEPOST]but how many activation i can do
Well I have had tested 3+ so far on 2 keys one conked off after the 4th one and another after the 5th , I searched online a lot but didn't find any such specific number of activation. And for OEM key , I dont think its wise of you to sell it as its already embedded in your BIOS AFAIK.

Back