Dell XCD 35 or Optimus P500

Anubis

Skilled
I know this question has been asked a dozen times over and over again ........ but lately the price of Dell XCD 35 is 8.9k using rcomlsb coupon in letsbuy.com and Optimus P500's price is 8.7k with coupon......... Now since there's a 0.2k difference I am really confused now ..........

I also heard that DELL XCD 35 now ships with 512mb RAM Froyo ......... but Dell official site still says 256mb with Froyo .......... can anyone confirm this ?

If the price difference is 0.2k , then which one will be the obvious choice .......... Can anybody confirm whether letsbuy.com is shipping android 2.1 or android 2.2 ? So if its Android 2.2 then its 512mb Ram and if its Android 2.1 then its 256mb Ram

Basically I know Dell XCD 35 has 512mb Ram only its software limitations locks it ...... I only want to ask whether new Dell XCD's have 512mb factory unlocked ?

Anubis said:
If the price difference is 0.2k , then which one will be the obvious choice .......... Can anybody confirm whether letsbuy.com is shipping android 2.1 or android 2.2 ? So if its Android 2.2 then its 512mb Ram and if its Android 2.1 then its 256mb Ram
Basically I know Dell XCD 35 has 512mb Ram only its software limitations locks it ...... I only want to ask whether new Dell XCD's have 512mb factory unlocked ?
Dell xcd35 has 512MB ram irrespective of the android version, i have received an xcd35 with android 2.1 and 512MB ram from letsbuy.

If you go through the market feedback & reputation, you'll know that LG Optimus One is a better device than Dell XCD35. Although both of them have similar configs, I had chosen O1 over XCD35 without hesitation as the feedbacks are not as good as O1's. I bought it 3 motnhs ago when O1's price was 12.6k; I considered Galaxy Ace too but O1 was a clear winner. People in other threads will say all kind of things about XCD35 but they themselves won't buy it. Go for O1, you won't regret.

I'll keep it simple and to the point:-

If you'll use your phone mainly for chatting/reading/browsing then go for Dell XCD35. The screen resolution is just stunning at that price point. Would make reading text so easier and pleasant to eyes.

If you'll use your phone mainly for playing games then go for LG O1.

Grab which fits your equation. :)

Screw peace of mind. I like the "San Francisco" so much more than the Dell. :p

Anyway, it's a sturdy piece of hardware. Put in a jelly case and treat it carefully and no need for warranty. :)

Orange San Francisco all the way! lol I think it's very obvious that I support the Dell XCD 35 here. The screen and the looks blow away the O1.

@Tech_enthu

One of my frend having OSF says, his frends think of it as some Chineese stuff with the name "San Fransisco" on front. XCD 35 is anyday better considering the warranty and brand name even if both are same stuff.

Yeah I've come across the "korean" and "chinese" tags for my OSF, even after explaining that the Dell XCD 35 is the same. lol All I do is smile at them and their mundane minds and not care a mite.

For those who value brand name shouldn't mind paying extra for the phone. I bought mine for 7.7k when the Dell price was 16k and the street price was 14k. I don't care a damn about brand value and I won't need the warranty because I take care of my phone.

Back