Laptops Dell xpm1330 recurrent mb problems and dells bad service

lilboy

Adept
i bought dell xps m1330 2008. after 2 months or so problem started. several motherboards and other parts changed. from october 2012 theres been 3 motherboard changes and 4th one is about to happen. this problem is been directed to naveen kumar of dell escalation team when the previous issues happened. he promised to look into alternate permanant solution if the 4th mb dies. luckily it worked but for only one month. now its again dead and they r promising only the original mb change(not even with intel graphics) which r plagued with nividia overheating problems.

warranty about to expire in one and half months. should i go through consumer court. as it is possible the issue will pop up after the warranty expires and if not the problem i'm happy with the system and its performance, i dont play much games these days.

- - - Updated - - -

i called this naveen guy some time back and he wasnt offering any good solutions. so i contacted dell customer care, the guy there told me its with senior team and they cant do anything. he told me that i ll be offered another person from escalation team. but he connected to naveen itself who said he send me an email other options. and the dumb options or the same thing with different lines are

As discussed, kindly revert to this email choosing one of the options given below to get the issue resolved.

1. I will depute an engineer with the required parts to get the system fixed.
2. you can drop the system in our service center so that I can take the complete ownership to resolve the issue.
3. I can arrange for the system to be collected to our Bangalore dell office and ship it back to you once its fixed.

go with option 3, and dont worry if its the motherboard plagued by NVIDIA dell can maximum do is extend motherboard replacement warranty for additional 1 year only, so even if you go to consumer court the whole world know the Nvidia plagued situation , its not just dell that was hit, look for Dell Nvidia chipset issues on google and you will see a global resolution as major companies and including nvidia were sued and they promised to service the laptop for 1 more year that is 3 years + 1 ,

shouldnt they be replacing it with another laptop. as all the motherboards wont last longer than 6 months. isn't there no value for the money i paid. i even feel like throwing it from the top of house. such a useless waste of money and time.

------DELL SUCKS----------
------CRAPPY NVIDIA------

shouldnt they be replacing it with another laptop. as all the motherboards wont last longer than 6 months. isn't there no value for the money i paid. i even feel like throwing it from the top of house. such a useless waste of money and time.

------DELL SUCKS----------
------CRAPPY NVIDIA------

Was in a similar situation to you.
Use akosha's service and explain the situation to them.
Tell them to draft a legal complaint making sure they include the names of the CSRs you spoke to and threaten Dell with a lawsuit.
Forward the Legal document to Dell.I did the same thing and Dell Escalation guy I was speaking to shit his pants and approved the replacement with a brand new system in one day.

i took akoshas 500rs service but they said as long as dell is willing to service they cant do anything. but they offered me document that can be submitted in consumer court. they made it look like a simple sloppy job. should i contact them again and ask to file a consumer court complaint against dell on my behalf. is that possible or is it possible with their higher tier services

- - - Updated - - -

or was u saying to make a legal document and threaten with a lawsuit before actually filing a complaint in consumer court.

I've heard that in dell, if a certain part is replaced more than 3 times then you're liable for full replacement

they r saying its reached almost 5 years, so no replacement is possible.like if they have done it otherwise . i think they buying time to finish 5years. contacted akosha ftm.

i took akoshas 500rs service but they said as long as dell is willing to service they cant do anything. but they offered me document that can be submitted in consumer court. they made it look like a simple sloppy job. should i contact them again and ask to file a consumer court complaint against dell on my behalf. is that possible or is it possible with their higher tier services

- - - Updated - - -

or was u saying to make a legal document and threaten with a lawsuit before actually filing a complaint in consumer court.

i too took the 500rs tier only.
My issue was also similar to yours but my laptop was only 1 year old.They kept on replacing parts but the issue was not resolved even after 6 instances of replacing parts.
Filing a case in court has to be done by you only.Akosha only prepars the document you have to submit.
Did you threaten dell that you would take the legal route?
If not first tell your rep that you have already got all the documents ready to file a case and also send him a copy of the document Akosha sent you.

i did threaten them but im doing that for a long time it lost his effect. ill prepare a new copy from akosha with latest and send to dell. but im skeptical if they registered the latest complaint as i got no complaint numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

i did threaten them but im doing that for a long time it lost his effect. ill prepare a new copy from akosha with latest and send to dell. but im skeptical if they registered the latest complaint as i got no complaint numbers.
Worth a try
Worked for me,but the entire ordeal for me took 3 months

@lilboy -- keep this thread posted of what happens and what steps did you take -- I'm using the same laptop as you and face the same issue as you I've got 3 MB replacements and fear that there are more to come-- but my laptop is approaching expiry of its 5 year service period from Dell -- so a little worried -- love my laptop don't want to let go. Let me know !!

Last edited by a moderator:
will do. going after dell firing all cylinders.

- - - Updated - - -

Best case scenario would be to get the MB replaced with a Non Nvidia Chipset -- since the chassis is the same I don't think compatitbility will be a problem -- only things required would be the Intel GFX MB and its Heatsink fan.

I don't like any of the new models of dell including the XPS series -- and want to keep my older laptop -- If that happens I'll be happy :)

Best of Luck @lilboy

Last edited by a moderator:
i already asked for intel gfx based mb, they denied it by saying they can provide only what it comes with when i bought it. i hope they/he will repent for it.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

he just called me offering intel gfx based motherboard. but i'm going to the court. till now they made me to run around for the repair of this lappy, now i want to give them the same medicine. i was supposed to do a mri scan tomorrow instead ill be in consumer court. dell will think twice after this....SUCKERSSSSS. everyone must not rest their case until they receive justice.

he just called me offering intel gfx based motherboard. but i'm going to the court. till now they made me to run around for the repair of this lappy, now i want to give them the same medicine. i was supposed to do a mri scan tomorrow instead ill be in consumer court. dell will think twice after this....SUCKERSSSSS. everyone must not rest their case until they receive justice.

Dell doesn't even know whats coming their way :p

Anyhow -- Since my MB is working ok right now -- but my 5 year service period expires in May 2013 -- How do I avail this replacement MB with Intel GFX since I really like this laptop and don't want to let go ?

kunallkw - i got a strong case as the laptop needed service some 5 times in the last 5 months with another one on its way. its not usable for atleast 1 year in the last 5 years. i think what holding them back is if they agree to replace mine with another, they may get their hands full of cases with replacements.

anyway a total of 75000 rs i paid for it and i don't need a pricey paper weight to remind me of this crappy decision. i know a case of my friend where apple replaced the lappy with compensation for similar problem, i might present that to the judge. i'm sure this will solved in 1or2 hearing. i want to get some media attention as there friends of my father working in news media.

- - - Updated - - -

I just send him the copy of legal doc threatening a lawsuit.

dell did it again. since they offered me a intel gfx based motherboard which i asked, i told them to service it instead of court hassles. they send the guy today with intel board and now the keyboard not working. i was adamant to connect to senior staff. naveen promised he will arrange a call tomorrow.

what should i tell the senior staff to make my stand clear. warranty ending in 3 days.

Back