Demonetisation and its Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an interesting video. Believe the guys who have their faces wrapped up.

Arun kumar says real GDP = white GDP + 62%(white GDP ie Black GDP)

In other words our GDP is larger than is stated ;)

...Believe the guys who have their faces wrapped up...

18-arvind.jpg

new currency notes looked like kids playing papers in the recent past.
hopefully we get good looking currency notes in coming future ...

^that is exactly my impression ever since they were introduced and they are smaller as well. I always ask for the older notes as i was so used to them

Says someone who could be seen as a BJP pundit on the board.
And ? notes ban was a bad move and i've said that from the start

BJP pundit ? would be better phrased as more aware of what the govt is doing. This happens when you follow source more sympathetic than confrontational

Means you are better able to deal with the fear mongering the opposition puts out.

Last edited:
new currency notes looked like kids playing papers in the recent past.
hopefully we get good looking currency notes in coming future ...

In my opinion the new currency notes are seriously good thing to happen to the plain and drab currency notes of the previous generations.
This is bolstered after exposure to currency notes of multiple other countries.

In my opinion the new currency notes are seriously good thing to happen to the plain and drab currency notes of the previous generations.

What are you talking about ? the older ones had much more intricate designs and the quality of the paper used was better as well.
The new ones look like they were designed by kids, has garish colours with no security feature improvements.
The old ones were multicoloured making them harder to counterfeit, the new ones are literally just base colours like cyan, yellow and magenta as if the printer ran out of ink and they decided to continue printing anyways.
I don't know which country's notes you're comparing against but our currency notes are the worst I've ever seen.

see the new canadian notes and lets talk again. Ours looks like knock off brand monopoly game notes

i think the canadian plastic notes look cheap. i like the paper ones.[DOUBLEPOST=1556548310][/DOUBLEPOST]they also get ruined easier.

^^ haven't seen the new $10 but the plastic notes crumple and fold too much. I guess they would last longer if you put them properly in the wallet.

https://www.bankofcanada.ca/banknotes/vertical10/

the new vertical 10$ they issued is really good.

and they last longer than paper notes because they're polymer (plastic) notes with enhanced security features which cant be done on paper notes
you could check these out at a local money exchanger. The feel of plastic is odd when you grew up with paper. Doesn't feel right some how. They are quite expensive to make as well so not an option for India.

^ I tried the canadian ones. they are slippery as hell I agree. but they only cost ~50% more to produce but then again they last atleast 2.5times the lifespan of paper notes. australian notes are rated to last 10 times the paper currency notes.

not to mention other pros like waterproof, harder to counterfeit etc.

50% more for a population like India can be significant. There is a school that opposes giving so much power to some small entity. I don't get the logic here. If already we are outsourcing currency production abroad because we lack the expertise & skill then how does allowing Canada or Australia to do it endanger interests. Maybe they think the Paks might be able to penetrate them easier than say the UK but this doesn't really wash. Maybe they are taking the cheap way out and relying on changing currency more often in the future to stymie the Paks.

I did have some Canadian currency for a while but after the initial novelty of plastic wore off it just felt strange. Also its quite small like these new Indian notes. That physical downsizing gives the impression of devaluation. It reminds me of coins. The 5 rupee coin was thick and heavy then it started to get lighter and it won't be long before it weighs as much as a one rupee coin. Remember what that looked like earlier ? Heavier metal and bigger unlike the parking token of light metal used these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back