Deskjet/Inkjet printer for around 10K or less

technofast

Huh?
Adept
Looking out to buy a printer for around 10K or less. I will be printing around 35 to 50 sheets per month and also need color prints. I'm confused with so much of options and looking for any printer that is cheap in consumables. Does it make sense buying ink advantage printer or ink-tank refill printer. Please suggest.

Looking out to buy a printer for around 10K or less. I will be printing around 35 to 50 sheets per month and also need color prints. I'm confused with so much of options and looking for any printer that is cheap in consumables. Does it make sense buying ink advantage printer or ink-tank refill printer. Please suggest.

Look for the Epson L models on a budget - they should be about 8-10K .
Ink Tank is definitely recommended as you don't need to replace cartridges.
With 35ish sheets per month, you'll go over a year without refilling (unless it's a full color picture you're printing every time).

Just remember to print every week or two, else the head gets clogged, and you have to run a cleaning process.

I bought the brother ink tank printer a month back. Works well. Good for printing documents and nice color reproduction. However, the photo printing is not good as the colors are dull and not vibrant as in Epson or Canon printers.

I bought the brother ink tank printer a month back. Works well. Good for printing documents and nice color reproduction. However, the photo printing is not good as the colors are dull and not vibrant as in Epson or Canon printers.

Hmm, connectivity is just USB. That means it needs a wired hookup. To what ? a router perhaps or a PC that needs to be on at the time. Given my earlier experiences with USB on a modem i try to avoid USB for networking at all costs. Maybe its more robust these days but man it was a pain back then. Unless i see a proper NIC, wired or wireless i stay away.

Printers without wifi are a hassle. Course hooked up to a router does that but its more convenient if the printer can do it on its own.
Post automatically merged:

in laser all in one which is better?
I need for occasional print out and copy needs.
i went with a brother laser. Because i don't print often. inkjets need to used at least every couple of weeks. Though i've been told the inktank is some what more immune to this problem. You go inkjet if you need colour printing. I don't need colour printing. I need scanning and photo copying the most.

You go inkjet if you need colour printing.

This is pushing me to ink tanks. Else I see many decent laser jets under 15k.

How's brother after sales support? Have set my eye on Brother DCP-T710W. Not sure if the price is good locally or at Amazon

Hmm, connectivity is just USB. That means it needs a wired hookup. To what ? a router perhaps or a PC that needs to be on at the time. Given my earlier experiences with USB on a modem i try to avoid USB for networking at all costs. Maybe its more robust these days but man it was a pain back then. Unless i see a proper NIC, wired or wireless i stay away.

Printers without wifi are a hassle. Course hooked up to a router does that but its more convenient if the printer can do it on its own.

Yes, connectivity is only USB. I thought about wireless but inktank along with wireless was above my budget and besides I have a desktop that it is connected. Mainly bought it for my daughter's project works that requires many color prints, otherwise would have gone with a laser printer. I have a tp-link AC1200 router and probably I could connect it for wireless connectivity if required in future.

Only a couple of years. Lord nemesis said he made them work up to 4 years but that is as far as it goes.

I'm curious. So long as you use it regularly at least once a week does this still hold true ? Apparently so

Only a couple of years. Lord nemesis said he made them work up to 4 years but that is as far as it goes.

I'm curious. So long as you use it regularly at least once a week does this still hold true ? Apparently so
I had a epson which I used for around 3 years until the printing head conked off. Then got a canon which came around two and half years and the paper feeding roller failed and servicing was not an option due to the high spare parts amount. Epson was used regularly atleast three to four days in a month and for canon I always had trouble with the paper feeding roller which even after servicing did not work properly.

Paper feeding roller failure could happen even with a laser printer. Let's see how i get on with mine. It will be close to two years this Nov and my use has been light.

Had HP K209a. Lasted for around 6+ years.
Post automatically merged:

Bought Brother DCP-710W @ 10619 from Amazon ( 13499 - 1650 Promotion - 1179 Citibank discount)

Last edited:
When i compare the print/copy speed of these ink tanks its half as fast as a laser.

Around 12 pages/min for basic black vs 30 pages/min for a laser.

Now the print resolution with the DCP-710W is 5 times as high as my laser

Max. 1,200 dpi x 6,000 dpi vs Up to 2400 x 600 dpi

What if you drop the default print resolution, will it speed up copy/print speed for the ink tank ?

Back