Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Discussion Thread

THIS GAME IS STUPID. WHY DIDN'T THEY FIXED ALL THE BUGS BEFORE RELEASE.???

Problem is similar to this
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=122965

I am at the level "missing link" (directors cut). Now before entering detention camp you have to upload your biometrics. Unfortunately that biometric door IS NOT OPENING. I press the switch it turns from red to yellow and so on nothing happens. I have tried loading from previous auto save manual save but nothing is happening! WTF. Anyway to clear this level anybody has save game upto this? 21+ hours wasted for this #%#T$^%:banghead::banghead::mad::mad:

Last edited:
THIS GAME IS STUPID. WHY THEY DIDN'T FIXED ALL THE BUGS BEFORE RELEASE.???

Problem is similar to this
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=122965

I am at the level "missing link" (directors cut). Now before entering detention camp you have to upload your biometrics. Unfortunately that biometric door IS NOT OPENING. I press the switch it turns from red to yellow and so on nothing happens. I have tried loading from previous auto save manual save but nothing is happening! WTF. Anyway to clear this level anybody has save game upto this? 21+ hours wasted for this #%#T$^%:banghead::banghead::mad::mad:

Unfortunately that is a game breaking bug. The only solution is to load previous savegames and try but if that isn't working for you then you'll have to start the game over. Looks like the bug never got resolved.

^^Fck this man I was really liking the game.:( Bug like this is TOTALLY not tolerable when you don't have chapters to select. People should give negative score for this single irritating bug. Damn. Not interested to start over again.

Last edited:
^^Fck this man I was really liking the game.:( Bug like this is TOTALLY not tolerable when you don't have chapters to select. People should give negative score for this single irritating bug. Damn. Not interested to start over again.

Yes, I echo your frustration here. It's surprising how this issue has plagued so many players of this title yet not been addressed and patched. I faced a similar bug in a recent game I played, Sniper GW 3, and it almost made me quit the game but somehow the bug corrected itself and I was able to progress.

One annoying bug or a half baked savegame mechanism... two perfect ingredients for a game's ultimate doom.

Found a workaround & completed the level. How is sniper gw3? Despite all the negative to average reviews I am still interested in it.

Found a workaround & completed the level. How is sniper gw3? Despite all the negative to average reviews I am still interested in it.

Good that you found the workaround, you might want to post it here so if anyone else gets stuck it will be of help.

Sniper GW3 was a decent game. The levels are big, maps are large and importantly the sniping feels solid. What they got wrong however is with their save game system which makes some of the levels much harder to complete. Past that and the horrible handling of secondary weapons in close combat (you won't be engaging in much of these since most of the time you'll be sniping enemies over long distances) it was a good experience. If you do like sniping titles, I say give it a shot.

^^The workaround is install Debug mod. It will let you select chapters. I didn't post it here because its not a fix & it does not restore your progress . You can open a new chapter & complete it but you may not carry forward your progress. If you continue the game may glitch again. After completing that dlc when I entered the next chapter "singapore" there were no enemies & you cannot interact with the npcs(scientists) too. There is NO solution for this other than start from the beginning which is really absurd.

Make sure you do MANUAL saves at the start & end of each chapter & quick saves in between.

Last edited:
Back