Dev D

wow! i really really wanna go now. i was expecting this to be great and wanted to watch it.

ill go on monday. cheaper tickets. :p

btw, is the movie being shown in multiplexes? i checked the papers and no multiplex was listed.

edit - nvm, its listed on big cinemas site. so i guess i was wrong.

Now, this is really embarassing for the likes of SRK, Akki, AB Junior & our desi sl*ts who are like brain-dead when it comes to picking up the right movies. Three Cheers for Abhay Deol. This guy has gone off-beat/uncharted territory and the results are showing.

Lets hope he remains Selective! We need some one to be, don't we deserve?

Cheers,

Rutvij.

Am I the only one who didn't hate No Smoking?

It got too surreal by the end and the ending itself was pretty stupid but there were some really cool sequences in that movie like when he first goes to meet the baba etc.

Really interested in watching this movie but I think getting tickets for this anytime soon is going to be pretty hard.

Just came back after watching Dev D. Nice movie Brilliant acing by Abhay he has proved even some one from Deol's know what acting really is.

5/5 from my side.

saumilsingh said:
The real question is - Are you the only one who got No Smoking?
That movie is the Indian Mulholland Dr.

I guess I wasn't too bothered with "getting" it which is probably why I did enjoy that movie, at least some of the way :bleh:

As far as Abhay Deol is concerned, yeah he was the only one with the surname that had any chance of becoming good and its nice that he has done so. Need to actually see this movie now :hap2:

TOI review of the movie....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 133
Loved Oye Lucky. I though it was one of the best lighthearted movies in recent times. Haven't watched any other Abhay Deol's movies, but loved the way he pulled off Lucky's character with so much charisma. Will definitely catch Dev D this week

eggman said:
i haven't watched any Devdas film.......will that be a bother???

I dont think so. As long as you know the basic story.

Devdas and Paro are in love. But Paro marries someone else. Devdas then gets together with Chandramukhi ( a prostitute). She loves him and tries to save him. Devdas finally dies in front of Paro's house because of alocohol overdose.

Even I havent watched a single movie of Devdas. I guess this would be a good way to start!

I havent watched any devdas movies before.. but saw Dev D today, and IMNSHO it sucked lol..

5/5?? No way, more like 2.5/5, just coz bolly has started using english expletives/shown drug usage etc and discusses sex etc openly, it doesn't warrant 5/5 :p

Back