Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls revealed

Not really since Dota2 and D3 both work in the same manner; character movement is client-side while attacks and spellcasts query the server which causes some indiscernible delay.

PoE is also the same except it has server de-syncs to deal with where the entire server state can jump back a few seconds causing you to lose any great items you might have found.
D3 does something similar sometimes (rubberbanding) but it doesn't rob you of any items found during.

I play on Americas with 300ms and it has been perfect. Not saying no one has any problems but that they are the exceptions and not the norm.

That's not fair. You have an MP10 capable character into which you've invested nearly 700 hours (such a horrible game it must be that you spent that many hours on just 1 class :p), obviously the game will start to feel dead to you at this stage.

Time to roll another class.
Arre dude...have not ben playing more than an hour or so a week for a while now. I am still stuck on Paragon 80 something....lol. I wish I could move my charecter to asia server but thats not happening either. The last few months have had some real lag issues. There has not been a single game without lag...and huge lage, it sometimes goes above 800 + and even 1000+. I can live with 300..

I play D3 now and then, and only rarely get unplayable lag - ping's between 280 and 400 on American server. Playtime's usually between 9 pm to 12 pm weekdays. I do run into issues in rakkis crossing (act 3), but I think that's some weird performance issue.
At the moment, the main game auto downloads resources for the upcoming RoS patch, so maybe you should pause that?

The next time I level a new character, it will be the Crusader.

This is one of the quirks of D3, if you have already leveled a character then there is no reason to roll another one of the same class.
Allowing players to unlock every skill and rune is a double-edged sword.

1.1 was the promised PvP version. They have not given that or some compensation for that. Someone should take these people to court for this.

If you don't buy RoS, you can still play with those who did buy it. That's why they are pushing the same client to everyone.

1.1 was the promised PvP version. They have not given that or some compensation for that. Someone should take these people to court for this.
They did add PvP (now called Brawling) quite a while back and it's just as bad as it was in D2 (whomever 1-shots first wins).

A game like this can't be balanced for both PvE and PvP. Not unless you want to tone down the awesome PvE abilties and gear just so PvP can be slightly less shitty.
Blizzard's mistake was proclaiming that an arena based system could actually work in a fully gear dependant game like this and then going back on it when they realized how futile it was to actually try and balance a 100 obviously overpowered meant-for-PvE skills against each other.

Btw, Loot 2.0 is amazing. I had pretty best-in-slot gear and yet I found upgrades for almost everything in just 2 weeks.
And this is all still lvl60 gear, I can only imagine how good it will get once we cross into lvl70 territory when RoS launches.

You found upgrades despite the bug with current legendaries and 2-handers? That's impressive. All I could do was swap out my Skorn for I-forget-what on my Wizard.

They did add PvP (now called Brawling) quite a while back and it's just as bad as it was in D2 (whomever 1-shots first wins).
A game like this can't be balanced for both PvE and PvP.
If you are to defend them, a lot of arguments can be made.
But they promised something, might have made some people to buy the game. They have not delivered on it.
Its not about PvP, its about that promise and that they don't seem sorry/ have not even tried to pacify us with anything.

I have played a lot of MMOs which have handled the balancing of PvE and PvP, very well.
Its not impossible, its about if they want to deliver or not.

I am not defending them as much as sucking up to the fact that it wasn't meant to be.
Yes it's a crying shame that the arena system didn't make the cut but I don't plan to grieve it forever.

I was much more disappointed by the poor itemization they had instead. That's what flew in my face as far as the 'good' arpg experience goes.

You found upgrades despite the bug with current legendaries and 2-handers? That's impressive.
The bug you speak of only affects 2H weapons, nothing else.

Back