Did anyone check this video? How much % is true I really don know

1 जनवरी 2019 से देश मे 17 नए नियम - हर भारतीय जान ले PM मोदी का बड़ा ऐलान today news headlines

Sounds like bollocks, couldn't make it past 40 seconds.

Maybe someone can summarise it here in text...

Mitron...

After not watching indian news channels for few years now; I keep wondering why all the presenters keep yelling news as if the mic wont work. like old people yelling into telephones since it was a STD call.

Mitron...

After not watching indian news channels for few years now; I keep wondering why all the presenters keep yelling news as if the mic wont work. like old people yelling into telephones since it was a STD call.

That's a desi newsreader thing. Especially the hindi news. Mallu newsreaders on the other hand all have this tension and anxiety filled edge in their speech. I'm like, why are you presenting like it's the end of the world and the asteroid is gonna hit your channel's building first.

so only two channels out of the 25-30 news channels have calm news readers. and both are govt run channels. says a lot about the quality of the private news channels.

^I miss the old times when it was our ritual to watch 9'O clock news everyday.
http://abhisays.com/doordarshan/revisiting-20-old-doordarshan-news-readers-and-anchors.html
Watch how calm Salma Sultan was announcing the attack on Indira Gandhi.

That might be because those who could not hear would try to read the lip movements.[DOUBLEPOST=1545537175][/DOUBLEPOST]As for the OP, if you can get info on that from the govt site, then ok. There are some rumours running around saying that banks are going to charge XX amount of money for XX things. Let it be announced....

so only two channels out of the 25-30 news channels have calm news readers. and both are govt run channels. says a lot about the quality of the private news channels.
DD, PTI, AIR are govt funded.

I wouldn't say LSTV & RSTV are govt run channels. They are funded by members of both houses. I have been waiting many years for these channels to get on youtube because so often you either miss programs and it makes it impossible to refer to them in a discussion here.

I'm sure there are decent programs on some of the private channels as well but those two tend to be more consistent.

What does not help is the debate format they tend to use. By trying to appeal to both sides i find i get half the story instead of a full show that explains what that policy is intended to do. So many times i find people arguing about things that you really cannot do because they are complex and at the outset of said policy. The real value comes if after a year or so we get some summary, did it work, fail or make no difference. This i do not find much coverage on. TV is the wrong format. Must look in some print journal or academic paper.

Another one is before a meet all these experts will show up saying this and that can happen. But what really counts is AFTER that meet WHAT ACTUALLY happened. Post mortem etc. Is T

Last edited:
I wouldn't say LSTV & RSTV are govt run channels. They are funded by members of both houses.
Any source that the members fund the channel?

I don't believe that MP's will give anything out of their pocket for a channel. Probably getting money from some govt fund or something.

RSTV is already on youtube isn't it? I've seen lots of videos of it.

Any source that the members fund the channel?

I don't believe that MP's will give anything out of their pocket for a channel. Probably getting money from some govt fund or something.
How about this

https://www.telegraphindia.com/india/takeover-hint-at-rajya-sabha-tv/cid/1521402

RSTV is technically a channel of the Rajya Sabha and is funded by the legislature. Prasar Bharati is funded by the executive

Before the two Houses set up their own independent channels - Lok Sabha TV being the first in 2006 under then Speaker Somnath Chatterjee - proceedings used to be telecast live by Doordarshan.

legislature is govt. executive is govt hence LSTV & RSTV are govt channels yes ? No!

There is that word independent. Just like RBI. RBI can tell the fin min to get lost and frequently does.

A panelist on one of the shows suggested RSTV was a govt channel to which the anchor countered it was not. That's all i have

Right-wingers, however, accused it of having a Leftist slant, and an overhaul was expected to follow the change of guard in the Rajya Sabha.
Middle of 2017, some english programs on LSTV turned into hindi and one of the anchors changed on RSTV. BJP wins in 2014. From 2014 to 17 i didn't detect an opposition view in the programs at all.

I still don't detect any right wing slant. What the channels do is discuss what the govt is doing or did, they go into depth on just that. You don't usually get opposing views. So the programs aren't really debates at times they can be but more discussion. This can lead to a positive spin but consider the alternative, the opposition viewpoints lead the show and the official position is on the defensive giving the impression that something is wrong to the layperson. This something is wrong turns into everything is wrong all of the time after a while.

What i've realised is the best discussion have fewer discussants. You want one or two or max three but not more. Otherwise things go off the rails and what you learn can be summarised in a few minutes instead of a half hour or much longer as happens on private channels. Shows on private channels could improve a lot if they just reduced the number of talking heads. Any time i see four plus i'm looking elsewhere. No ammo in these shows i can use. Its just a wrestling match. Wrestling is not sport, its entertainment, these channels are creating the equivalent with news called infotainment.

RSTV is already on youtube isn't it? I've seen lots of videos of it.
Since about 2014, LSTV only joined towards the end of 2015, i discovered LSTV around 2007, so long wait

Last edited:
That's exactly what people are saying they did. Installed a bureaucrat who will follow their whims and fancies.

Back