Differential Aptitude Test for Choosing the right education course

Hello All,

My son is now in 12th class. He is good in Math, Physics, keen interest in sports (playing and watching), current affairs etc. OK in economics. On the other hand he is poor in geography, history, computer programming etc. He is preparing for JEE but realistically thinking he might only clear the mains but not be able to crack advanced. Even if he were to secure to good rank in JEE it is not necessary that he has to take up engineering in the first place. Even he is not sure if engineering is for him.

There are Liberal Arts and Science universities such as Ashoka that could probably fit him. I was wondering if there are any reputed educational career guidance organizations that would administer Differential Aptitude Test and let us know what are the good career options for my son. 10, 20 , 30 years down the line he should be happy with his job, career and life.

Any ideas?

I have heard a couple of my friends talking about Aim2excel. Not sure about their credibility, since I don't know anyone who has made use of their services personally.

What he likes >>> aptitude test. Can't stress this enough. Aptitude tests are all fine, but if someone likes what they're doing they're definitely going to be happy and definitely not going to starve. Also, I don't think you should be thinking about such a long term - 10 or 20 or 30 years. Many changes can happen in that course of time, not just one.

What he likes >>> aptitude test. Can't stress this enough. Aptitude tests are all fine, but if someone likes what they're doing they're definitely going to be happy and definitely not going to starve. Also, I don't think you should be thinking about such a long term - 10 or 20 or 30 years. Many changes can happen in that course of time, not just one.

He likes/loves Tennis and Football but that does not make him choose that as a career. What is required is choosing a career that is made up of what he likes/loves and what he is good at? I think that is where these Liberal Arts programs come in. I am hoping these aptitude tests will let him discover what he is natural at.

He likes/loves Tennis and Football but that does not make him choose that as a career. What is required is choosing a career that is made up of what he likes/loves and what he is good at? I think that is where these Liberal Arts programs come in. I am hoping these aptitude tests will let him discover what he is natural at.
Right on. What I was trying to say is someone may have an aptitude for something but it might not be the thing they like the most.

Back