Digging into Adani

swatkats

Skilled
Digging into Adani: The dubious dealings of India's corporate colossus.

"Why would the crime branch want to see us?" Stephen Long, reporter

When Four Corners travelled to India to investigate the activities of the giant Adani group, they soon discovered the power of the company.

While attempting to film and gather information about Adani's operations, the Four Corners team had their cameras shut down, their footage deleted and were questioned for hours by police.

The team were left in no doubt that their investigations into the Indian company triggered the police action.

For months, Four Corners has been digging into the business practices of the Adani Group. This is the corporate colossus that plans to build Australia's biggest mine site.

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/digging-into-adani/9008500 (Watch the 46mins video here)

Modi's Dearest friend and BJP's backdoor Funder. Naa khaunga naa Khaane doonga.

Heh its obvious from that video on whose payroll the Gujarat police is on. Pretty terrible if you ask me.

Thankfully the documentary has done its due. There was widespread criticism of the Adani's practices afterwards in Australia.

The Carmichael coal mine is now pretty much dead as Adanis will not be getting financing from the government of Australia.

Thankfully the documentary has done its due. There was widespread criticism of the Adani's practices afterwards in Australia.

Australia, yeah. In our country though, the sheeple still believe that modi is a good person and still trying to do good. Guess people believe PR and propaganda more than gut instinct and common sense.

Adani has a huge interest in Australian coal due to its high-quality Anthracite and bituminous coal.
My previous shipping company used to charter coal from Australia via Abbot point and it seems their Carmichael coal mine is really huge
Huge enough to build 189 km rail line solely on Adani's money.
The Carmichael coal mine is now pretty much dead as Adanis will not be getting financing from the government of Australia.
The locals have huge despair towards the Adani as they are aware of the ecological damage caused to their precious coral reefs, depleting underground water and emissions

The ironical and satirical part is how Indians are portrayed.
"But it(The project) has received praise from both sides of politics, including Prime Minister Tony Abbott, who declared it a poverty-busting miracle for India's poor
Source :Federal Court overturns approval of Adani Carmichael coal mine in Queensland

But then money can buy anything.
Adani aims to ship first coal from Australian mine in March 2020 | Business Line
In the past, Adani was one of the prime reason for PM's visit to Australia.

Some more openly known facts:
http://www.greenpeace.org/australia/Global/australia/volunteer/Adani's record.pdf
In India Adani has a long history of environmental destruction, regulatory non-compliance and other illegal activity, including bribery of government officials, unauthorised construction and tax evasion. The company’s unscrupulous activities have come to light via a number of government investigations and court hearings, including a multi-disciplinary committee formed in September 2012 by the Ministry of Environment and Forest (MoEF) to investigate the raft of allegations made against Adani and its conduct at the Mundra SEZ. 1

Illegal Iron ore transportation and bribery
An investigation by the Karnataka anti-corruption ombudsman (Lokayukta) uncovered a major scandal. He found that Adani Enterprises and other port operators were actively involved in large scale illegal exports of the iron ore resulting in “huge” economic losses to the Government. The investigation’s report details how, at its port in the south western state of Karnataka, the company routinely received trucks overloaded with iron ore.

Back