Digicam decisions..

TheMask said:
yeah right.. 15k for the cam and 20k for the tri-pod :tongue:.. my budget is around 2~3k..

But think about this - when you upgrade your camera you will NEVER have to change your tripod :eek:hyeah:

TheMask said:
how about i buy a complete set of lenses and flash units n what not too then? :p

A Gitzo tripod is for a lifetime - no upgrades to this only downgrades.

Hey Mask Man - what about using a Monopod instead ? Compared to Tripods they are cheaper smaller lighter easier to carry and do a decent job in low light situations - though not for taking pictures of the Brindavan Gardens at night. :eek:hyeah:

I bot a Gittos VT806 tripod today for 2.5k. I dont like it already.. lol..

and as for the pics, blue,

here are a few..

Lohith Urs n his MRF Baleno

-----

urs truly with Urs ;)

-----

2 JK Tyre sponsored Balenos along side Lohith's MRF Baleno

-----

Jiby's Honda City

-----

2 other MRFs' along side the City

-----

Maruti Gypsy, in front of the Mysore Palace

-----

Mysore Palace from outside (its not the complete view)

-----

Mysore Palace close-up (10X Optical zoom)

-----

Suzuki Swift Demo Car on display

-----

Suzuki Swift side view

-----

Former Champion Naren Kumar next to his JK Tyre Baleno

-----

Lohith and his co-driver, Moosa Sherief

-----

the duo inside the car

-----

three Group-N Esteems

-----

Maruti Gypsy, another view

-----

A Ford Fusion +

-----​

TheMask posted 1.58 minutes later:

I have these pics in 1600x1200 resolution. I have resized them to 1024x768 for easier uploading and sharign :)

TheMask posted 1.8 minutes later:

forgot to mention that most of the pics were taken with a UV-Filter and a Skylight Filter attached. Yes, both at the same time. :)

TheMask said:
I bot a Gittos VT806 tripod today for 2.5k. I dont like it already.. lol..

and as for the pics, blue,
here are a few..

[/i][/b]forgot to mention that most of the pics were taken with a UV-Filter and a Skylight Filter attached. Yes, both at the same time. :)

Lets see a pic of the Tripod....

Its not a good idea to use 2 filters... this will degrade pictures and there will be light bouncing between the 2 filters - this will look like small amounts of flare speacially in backlight pictures. Some Pro Photograhers I have met dont shoot even with one filter - they keep the filter on as a lens protection only. The Skylight is slightly Pinkish colour is preferred for Portrait shoots and the UV which is very slightly Yellow in colour is used for the type of shots you have posted. If the filter is not made by a reputed filter company than it can give slight out of focus images as it may not be optically flat. Belive me this is TRUE - a friend went to shoot some wild life pictures and when he got his pictures they were all slightly out of focus and after a lot of lens and camera checkups the fault was found to be with a badly made filter.

The picture of YOU - I presume you are the person on the right with a strap holding up your pants ?? :eek:hyeah: Nice to see YA MASK MAN !!

wahh Masky, u gained some weight :p
nice pics there, but some glare in few pics, so u might wanna check the cause for that..

and i like Urs car, nice and shiney, wonder howlong it will remain this way, is this his new baleno or the one his dad gift him masky?

isnt the palace the tipu sultan one? is tat wat we call mysore palace? then i dont rember this top thing.. :S
the first pic its clearly seen n i remeber too.. but where does the middle pic comes( 10x wala)

Eazy said:
Lets see a pic of the Tripod....

me feeling lazy now.. so i'll post a pic later :D

Eazy said:
Its not a good idea to use 2 filters... this will degrade pictures.. The Skylight is slightly Pinkish colour is preferred for Portrait shoots and the UV which is very slightly Yellow in colour is used for the type of shots you have posted.

tnx for the tips bro. will keep that in mind.

Eazy said:
they keep the filter on as a lens protection only.

thats the sole reason i bought the UV filter as it doesnt affect the picture quality much. The Skylight filter was for experimental purpose only :)

Eazy said:
If the filter is not made by a reputed filter company than it can give slight out of focus images as it may not be optically flat.

I hope filters made by Marumi (UV filter) and Kenkn (Skylight filter), both made in Japan are good enough. There were indian made filters available too and at dirt cheap (comparitively) prices. But I bought these. I plan to keep using the UV Filter often, as a protective cover to the lens and i'll be using this Skylight filter rarely. Any tips about that?

Eazy said:
The picture of YOU - I presume you are the person on the right with a strap holding up your pants ?? :eek:hyeah: Nice to see YA MASK MAN !!

me aint holding no pants up :p and yes, thats me ;)

bluediamond said:
at wht time did u take the pics.. it seems the sun is facing the cam.. atleast from the pics.. thn wats the use of those filters u said...!

it was around 5:30-5:45pm upto around 6:15pm i think. I dont really know what use those filters wud be for me. :) I bot the UV filter as a protective cover for lens (from dust mainly). The Skylight filter was to experiment with; basically to see how it cud help me enhance a picture in certain situations :)

Raev said:
wahh Masky, u gained some weight :p

nice pics there, but some glare in few pics, so u might wanna check the cause for that..

some?? :p yeah i noticed the glare too, perhaps those were due to the filters i was using (like Eazy pointed out) ..
Rave said:
and i like Urs car, nice and shiney, wonder howlong it will remain this way, is this his new baleno or the one his dad gift him masky?

well thats a MRF sponsored Baleno that Lohith's driving this season. For the uninitiated, Lohith was placed 2nd in the overall INRC Championship standings last season :)

Inzider said:
Kewl pix masky. You better start moving around more often or yer gonna get fatter :p

tnx for the tip :p

AlbertPacino said:
that palace looks beautiful, hopefully one day i will be taking a walk inside it.

hopefully that day comes soon :D

bluediamond said:
isnt the palace the tipu sultan one? is tat wat we call mysore palace? then i dont rember this top thing.. :S

the first pic its clearly seen n i remeber too.. but where does the middle pic comes( 10x wala)

Nope, this is not the Tipu Sultan palace. His palace is in Srirangapatna (11km from Mysore). This is the Mysore Palace. That top thing - check the first pic of the palace. focus on the center. Notice the central Dome? thats the dome in the zoomed pic :)

Quad Master said:
Me too wud like to see the Tripod stands pics

thats 2 requests in a row.

make that 3 request, now dont be lazy, do some work and post some pics of the tripod :p
and am waiting for a review of the cam too :p

i was gonna edit my previous post.. but i am making a new one now :p..

Eazy won over lazy, so here are the pics ;)

Attachments

• Giottos 806 001.JPG
    Giottos 806 001.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 155
  • Giottos 806 002.JPG
    Giottos 806 002.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 148
  • Giottos 806 003.JPG
    Giottos 806 003.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 153
  • Giottos 806 004.JPG
    Giottos 806 004.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 158
  • Giottos 806 006.JPG
    Giottos 806 006.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 158
  • Giottos 806 007.JPG
    Giottos 806 007.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 154
  • Giottos 806 005.JPG
    Giottos 806 005.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 156
Nice tripod, 2.5k is it? pretty decent, howz the build quality? me oo thinkingof buying one, but well then it will look odd with my Sony P10, soo small, hehehe

anyways, so now am comming to "Masky's Fasion Photography Studio" :p

TheMask said:
i was gonna edit my previous post.. but i am making a new one now :p..
Eazy won over lazy, so here are the pics ;)

Those Tripod Legs are very thin - it will not be very steady with the Cetre Column Raised and the Legs Extended. If you need to keep the camera steady in a situtaion where there is a lot of breeze or ground vibration - like with the cars zooming past -than you will find the steadiest shots with the Tripod kept in the postion as in your first picture - totally collapsed.

I hope filters made by Marumi (UV filter) and Kenkn (Skylight filter), both made in Japan are good enough. There were indian made filters available too and at dirt cheap (comparitively) prices. But I bought these. I plan to keep using the UV Filter often, as a protective cover to the lens and i'll be using this Skylight filter rarely. Any tips about that?

These filters could be fakes like your Tripod named Gittos which is an obvious take off on the name Gitzo :) One of the BIG Japanese company that makes filters is KENKO - I hope that is a spell error on your side and the filter is actualy this make and not Kenkn as mentioned by you. I remember the company Marumi but I do not remember them as a filter maker. There used to be a lot of fake filters around when I use to spend all my pocket money on camera parts - the Good ones were HOYA and Kenko. At that time HOYA was the KING of the filter hill.

One point NEVER wipe or rub the Lens or filter with a cloth - use a Rubber Air Blower as the dust + the cloth act as a Sand Paper and will leave minute scratch marks on any Glass Surface. Blow away the air and only then gently use a Kodak Lens Cleaning tissue.

You should be thankful in Mysore you will not have a problem with the Camera ENEMY number 1 .... HUMUDITY .... a curse of all coastal cities.... I kept all my cameras in Jars with Silica gel and a Hygrometer. Yeah I am a Nut Case. :crazy: In my many Years of Photography I have never had a single Lens attacked by Fungus because I had Pickled all the equipment in air tight jars with Silica Gel. :D

I kept all my cameras in Jars with Silica gel and a Hygrometer. Yeah I am a Nut Case. In my many Years of Photography I have never had a single Lens attacked by Fungus because I had Pickled all the equipment in air tight jars with Silica Gel.

very rightly said bro.

i have a very costly optics system on my operating microscope ad i have to keep a recurring cost amc for keeping it clean as i am in a coastal city too.

as i can not have jar as big as a microscopei have to spend that much.

and i use my camera almost daily so i can not keep them in jar too. :)

Back