Digital Electronics Hardware Project

nimitbhardwaj

Disciple
I have a 2 credit Digital Electronics hardware project coming up. I need suggestions about topics. Shouldn't be too complex, but good enough. I can buy the ICs from ebay or get them from my college lab.

I have a project idea that I picked up from the internet. It is a simple USB oscilloscope based on ATTiny microcontroller & the PC software that runs on .NET. I have all the files including source code & circuit diagram. PM me if you want those files.

a good one might be to use a temperature sensor or pollution sensor used with a raspberry pi. You could extend it with graphing capabilities + networking/outputting to a webpage as well. It would be fun + you are able to get your hands dirty with IOT. It has been done but there is still lot you can play with.

Do you guys understand why the requirement for a practical project exists in the curriculum? It is your best chance to get some hands on experience and I suggest taking it seriously. Once you make up your mind and what to do, please get the parts and do it seriously and properly. Understand why and how it works and try to get something out of that experience.

Don't try to get a ready made kit and/or software already written by somebody else along with documentation and dump it on the professor. You are not doing it for the sake of your professor or for getting those credits for the degree.

6 years back, Most of the students in my cousins ECE Engg batch at his college choose to buy their projects in bulk from some entity that specialize in providing those services, assembled it in a day under their supervision without understanding anything about what it is or how it worked and submitted them. They got their degrees al right, but the best jobs any of them managed was that of a low level onsite service technician post some training which even a 10th fail is eligible to take up after training or alternatively that of a time bound contractor manufacturing PCB's in a hazardous factory like environment without any of the safety measures usually available in a professional assembly line. They couldn't get into IT either because they didn't take coding seriously. My cousin is still struggling 6 years into his career and he was one of the lucky ones to say the least.

Back