iOS Disadvantages or drawbacks of having a R-Sim 7 Unlocked Iphone 5

satishinti

Disciple
I sold my HTC One X and now want to shift to IOS...

Started a WTB Iphone 4S thread, got a few offers but not on my budget....and many of them are R-Sim 7 unlocked and not Factory unlocked.

I have seen many ebay.in listings of Iphone 5 and 4S with the same R-sim unlock.....

Price of iPhone 5 is also tempting ~31-32k (R-sim 7 Unlocked)....

Now can anyone suggest what would be the disadvantages or drawbacks of having a R-Sim 7 Unlocked Iphone 5....

I might be wrong here but with such hardware unlock solution like gevey etc, if you update the iOS version there is a very high chance that the thing will stop working and in most cases the solution is to get a new hardware Rsim or whatever it is.
I have never used gevey SIM etc but someone here who has used it can reply better.
I would personally stay away from such devices. Factory unlocked phone will also fetch you better resale value later.

Even i wanted to stay away to have peace of mind....
but before dumping the idea of going with a R-Sim Unlock device, if i could have an idea of what i would be missing if i go for it...
And if its seems i can live with it and a little less risky....
then why not give it a try....

One word... Avoid :stop:... Its PITA and if you accidentally update your baseband then the phne turns into a High priced beautiful looking iPOD touch

Back