Disappointing SBI Internet Net Banking

hoot

Disciple
Hi all

I am new here, and don't know if it's the right place to post this, if it is then good, if not...mods please move it in appropriate section

I have a SBI savings bank account which I use for INB purposes, things were going "ok" until 2 week ago I can't add a beneficiary, because I can't seem to get my profile password right, I thought "okay maybe my memory is not serving me right, so I tried resetting my password by providing answer to the security question I have chosen, to my enormous surprise , according to the system I couldn't seem to get that right also.I tried 3 times and being promptly told that I've tried and failed 3 times repeatedly so I can't change it for the day. I thought ok, it's government owned stuff anyway and nothing digital is guaranteed, when it comes to our Indian government , I met my guy in person, and handed over cash, and that was that . only good thing about this episode is we met face to face and got time to hang out and stuff , I didn't looked into issue until yesterday I tried to add a beneficiary again and had to face the same frustrating process again, at one point I was suspicious of my account being hacked, but nothing seemed out of place, login password was working fine, so was ATM, so I downloaded profile password reset form and decided to came to home branch, (I live in a different city), told them to reset my profile password, 15 mins later the guy returned and told me it's done, he said when I'll log in again ,i'll see new profile password setting or whatever it's called page immediately, I was glad that it didn't took longer, but like I said in another thread, the streak of bad luck is not ending anytime soon :-( so came home, tried to login and BOOM "your username or password is invalid " now I was pretty sure it's not my fault, I tried again but after 3 repeated failures....well you guessed right, username is locked out for the day. To unlock my username I have to Change my password, well I thought "chalo, bas yhi baki rh gya tha " i got on with the whole login password resetting process for 5 times, there are 3 ways to reset the login password by the way
1.through ATM details
2.through Profile password (which ofcourse I couldn't do cause they already reset that)
3.going to the home branch

So I tried it with ATM card details and I swear I never could write my card number by remembering it, now I think I can never forget it even when I become Gajhani

The whole thing didn't work out ,I tried doing it on different times of day, but after yesterday Night's attempt when I tried again using my ATM details again then ....

BOOM

Again

I was told my ATM details are not valid (anymore)

Because obviously it 'was' valid for last five attempts to change the login password

I was very angry and ran to the branch again (thank god I didn't got out from my hometown after making them reset profile password only, otherwise had to run to it again) they told me today is Saturday and half day So they can't process my request, and because it's "such an (alleged) unusual case" it'll take time anyway to sort it out, so I Have to come on monday.I replicated my issues before them by the way

I was extremely angry and frustrated by this whole affair

Now I am out for making a new PC (which was already delayed so much you can't even imagine) ,looking for parts on this forum and others,and online shops as well and I was offered some solid deals, but if because of this I can't make my payment on time or worse never get a Chance to pay because either other member sold an item already to someone else in the meantime or online shop can't get through payment getaway, who will be held responsible for my loss? Because it certainly isn't my fault, that much I am sure of, I have wrote my passwords and security question and gave it to my parents for safe keeping just for an emergency case like this (they like to write everything down and I know this isn't a good practice, writing passwords, but hey ,they are my parents and demanded this....and well they like to keep records ) I checked my security question's answer and it was the same as what I typed earlier

Even if they Manage to sort this problem out by issuing me a new INB kit, how is that my responsibility that I have to run from some other city to correct some problem caused by them and their system, thank god I don't live too far from my hometown and managed to get here under a day, but that's just me being lucky (for a Change, or is it irony, I don't know what to say)

Now the funny part -

My elder sis work in SBI

my mom used to work in SBI in that same branch

My dad retired From that branch while he was a branch manager there ,I used to go there and play when I was a kid

Hell , mom dad married because of SBI when they were working some where else

I wonder how there marriage worked out Without a password error ?

My advice - use a Net banking facility from a bank which is reliable and won't give you headaches and back out when it's needed

Very disappointed and frustrated from the service of SBI

So I tried it with ATM card details and I swear I never could write my card number by remembering it, now I think I can never forget it even when I become Gajhani

LOL

and i thought my parents had issues remembering SBI profile passwords.

i never wanted to deal with sarkari banks but after seeing at the number of SBI ATMs near my home, i submitted online application for a savings account. this process was supposed to take less time, as the customer details are already entered in their database. after meeting those babus in person, i could see my future self getting harassed by them!

account is open but i never went back to collect the banking kit. i don't even know my account number. this happened last week. good riddance!

LOL

and i thought my parents had issues remembering SBI profile passwords.

i never wanted to deal with sarkari banks but after seeing at the number of SBI ATMs near my home, i submitted online application for a savings account. this process was supposed to take less time, as the customer details are already entered in their database. after meeting those babus in person, i could see my future self getting harassed by them!

account is open but i never went back to collect the banking kit. i don't even know my account number. this happened last week. good riddance!

Yeah you did a good thing by not going back, but for all intents and purposes, that branch is supposed to be my old playground, I know 30% of people there since well before I learned how to ride a bicycle without support, and more or less 80% staff

But this is insane ,there system causing this type of problems to INB users... And I am sure there's a new episode of headaches waiting for me Monday morning ,partly because of how my luck is going these days and mostly... Well it's SBI

And BTW those 20 digits maestro card nos are really tough to remember, research have proved this...

Or they will... One day [emoji12]

The only sarkari bank which is good for their services is PNB to be honest. Sure u may face problems with their workers but once everything is setup, their netbanking and their mobile app rocks (not great in design but in working)

not sure , but i feel you cant generalise for banks because your local branch sucks.
have had the opportunity to deal with atleast 2 govt banks,(SBI and Bank of maharashtra). apart from the rush during the first 10 days by senior citizens withdrawing their pension cash, both govt banks are actually better, quicker at resolving issues than the private banks namely ICICI.

@Superbad sbi's imps web login sucks. 8 hrs to add a person and then 8 hrs after to initiate the imps.. and it doesn't work after 8pm till 8am.. that's basically neft with bit of imps flavor. SBI sucks really. their mobile app does work though

Yup
Their process might be slow to initiate but it is in much detail.
My sister has a ICICI account and she has problem filling for returns because ICICI doesn't give full details of transaction on her account. Plus no pass book. All depends on their mobile app and has limited functions.
On the contrary sbi and bank of Maharashtra apps and Web portal are much more helpful.

not sure , but i feel you cant generalise for banks because your local branch sucks.
have had the opportunity to deal with atleast 2 govt banks,(SBI and Bank of maharashtra). apart from the rush during the first 10 days by senior citizens withdrawing their pension cash, both govt banks are actually better, quicker at resolving issues than the private banks namely ICICI.

UPDATE : CARD TO CARD transfer from ATM is not working today , neither can I withdraw money from ATM, who knows what will happen tomorrow [emoji22] [emoji35]

@Superbad

Local branch issues doesn't even count when Internet Banking suddenly start giving you these kind of headaches,the whole INB thing was created so people don't have to go to branch for routine stuff, and I'm sure that stuff wasn't designed by my local branch [emoji13] , people much higher on posts than them designed it, my point was corruption and laziness aside I can't trust the bank for digital banking facility anymore,this is banking after all and they are entrusted with people's money and digital banking is supposed to be more efficient at this job

UPDATE 2: the guard at the ATM refused to allow me to make a video of the issue, he says this might classify under "racky" before looting the ATM [emoji35] .and I am blocking other customers (that was right anyway) will try at night at different ATM

Last edited:
a SBI savings account holder here since 9 years. I agree their banks and their employee nature and attitude suck, but I never faced a problem with their internet banking since day 1. I dont know what and how its happening to you. May be its just the employee who is not aware of the system and may be he reset or mess some options which he should have. I advice remain calm and meet the representative and explain all the problems. Hope your problems get resolved

LOL, I stopped banking with SBI after two password resest I was again left fumbling against a forgotten password. Such crappy password rules as if breaking in fort Knox with a password could be easier and to match it the babus sitting in are like the IAS who have somehow got bank posting. The scorn in their eyes when you tell them about your net banking issue or query for which counter to head. Not a localized experience but had the same across various branches.
From IAS I remember, PNB too is in same league, Hell, my friend stopped banking with them when he was scolded for loosing his ATM card and warned that he will not be issued again :D
I also left PNB after I was told for net banking I need to head to my home branch to reset password !! I mean, like I should travel 1500 KM to get my netbanking operational again, guess what, never operated my account again.

Been using HDFC & ICICI since last 10 yrs, ICICI has been super and in last 2-3 years HDFC too ironed out few shortcomings. On Axis bank too since last 1 year and they are going super too.

Seriously SBI & PNB have a lot of ground to cover........

LOL, I stopped banking with SBI after two password resest I was again left fumbling against a forgotten password. Such crappy password rules as if breaking in fort Knox with a password could be easier and to match it the babus sitting in are like the IAS who have somehow got bank posting. The scorn in their eyes when you tell them about your net banking issue or query for which counter to head. Not a localized experience but had the same across various branches.
From IAS I remember, PNB too is in same league, Hell, my friend stopped banking with them when he was scolded for loosing his ATM card and warned that he will not be issued again :D
I also left PNB after I was told for net banking I need to head to my home branch to reset password !! I mean, like I should travel 1500 KM to get my netbanking operational again, guess what, never operated my account again.

Been using HDFC & ICICI since last 10 yrs, ICICI has been super and in last 2-3 years HDFC too ironed out few shortcomings. On Axis bank too since last 1 year and they are going super too.

Seriously SBI & PNB have a lot of ground to cover........

That is exactly the behavior and rules that got me, hell, even my father didn't believe me when I told him of this issue until I replicated the whole problem in front of all family members,(all work in SBI)

and you are spot on this superiority complex,babus don't know what is what and why and how, yet they have all the knowledge in banking (and all other worldly things), they didn't gave me that look, but were totally skeptical and thought I am some dumb person and a shame for my SBI family :(:banghead:

Anyway after seeing the problem with her own eyes , sis have agreed to help me out, she's comparatively patient , (because she's not as old as my parents) but she's also got no idea as to why or how this happened

Had same issue with my dads sbi a/c. In year 2008 I went to my sbi branch with dad for internet banking kit.
The kits credentials never worked and dad said forget it will do it later.

In 2011 we revisited the bank and this time got another kit and glad it worked but all options to tranfer money to anybody was blocked@ Wtf??
They said to submit application. Immediately filled the required form and submitted an application as well that we need to have all accesses whatsoever.

Was done within 24hrs.

Ya. Ask for a new kit. It will take 72hrs or something coz first they have to deactivate your current profile.
Then issue new kit. Get ready for some verification stuff as this was pretty easy 8yrs back.

Back