Disaster with Flipkart

Retail Net I think, I hadn't checked the seller profile fully.

This is a huge problem with online marketplaces with multiple seller options. Both FK and Amazon. Very few people check the seller before ordering, they just hit add to cart and sometimes suffer later.

It's like going to a mall to buy from big bazaar and instead getting something from raju baniya...

The seller rating is 4.6 for products and 5 for service. It's a Flipkart assured purchase . Still have to go through this.

The seller rating is 4.6 for products and 5 for service. It's a Flipkart assured purchase . Still have to go through this.
Then better sue Flipkart if this is what is assured service. Sue for few lacs and you end up getting some thousands+ product money.
Stating its a pure case of customer harassment & playing with customers trust, breach of trust, not checking the genuineness of the seller, mental harassment etc.

I meant that personally I never buy 3rd party, no matter the rating. Ratings and reviews are all fixed and fake anyway, especially in India. I only but from amazon/fk and their subsidiary companies, not independent vendors. They may not all be crooks but there's enough bad apples to spoil the whole bunch.

I meant that personally I never buy 3rd party, no matter the rating. Ratings and reviews are all fixed and fake anyway, especially in India. I only but from amazon/fk and their subsidiary companies, not independent vendors. They may not all be crooks but there's enough bad apples to spoil the whole bunch.
I only buy from Amazon. FK experience is not that great for me. I bought a dvd writer from FK Retailnet and it wouldn't read any dvd burnt by software, only pressed dvd's. weird writer. I just threw it in trash one day.

I don't buy from FK because of one weird thing they do in sales promotions - seller and price changes drastically. If I see some item on sale for 1500 rupees and I click on it, then on product page I see some other price like 2200 rupees etc. Then if I scroll down, in small font it says seller changed, price may be different. If not this, then I get message that stock not available in your pin code. wtf? what kind of promotions are these and why limited to some sellers and places? On top of that most sellers charge shipping fees from 40 to 300 rupees for some reason. I don't have FK first or anything. FK gives free shipping above 2k i think and only through their Retailnet etc sellers.

On amazon I've never seen this happen to me. What sale price I click on, I see that in cart. Even shipping is free above some amount from most sellers or Amazon fulfilled stores.

That's because to some extent, they're following the guidelines and business practice of amazon.com, probably one of the best customer service providing companies ever.

My experience with Flipkart is AWESOME while with Amazon ALWAYS worst.

Amazon service worst for me even when I subscribed for prime membership, I never received product on time, mainly due to their courier boys ... full of liars... just gave one ring miscall followed by message the we reach to you but you were not pick-up the call or not present to accept the parcel or didn't paid for COD... while in actual they never visit and than either on next day they came for delivery or just send the product back to seller, after that I never bought their prime service membership and always order product COD, if came, than pay, if not than forget....

That's because to some extent, they're following the guidelines and business practice of amazon.com, probably one of the best customer service providing companies ever.

Speak to CS. Ensure all conversation is via emails or if on phone, is recorded. This is extremely important, and if needed, state the date and time of call so that they know you are serious. Keep contacting them, till they acknowledge its a fault from their end. Had a same issue with Mi A1 from FK - I got open box, and courier person was not thrown out for trying to screw things up.

Lodge a complaint with the police and ask them for a copy of report. Forward this too as well.

Finally, speak to your credit card provider and ask for dispute on this. Thanks to AMEX only, I got a new phone, Flipkart was not budging. Would suggest to show your provider that entire data and the FIR to make the dispute process easier on your side.

Thanks, yesterday couple of executives spoke to me and promised a replacement and as of now the status on FK says "Replacement Accepted" and "Technical Site Visit" as completed although no one visited and the item is dispatched from Noida. The earlier one was sent from Mumbai.
Fingers crossed. I hope this gets resolved smoothly.

Thanks, yesterday couple of executives spoke to me and promised a replacement and as of now the status on FK says "Replacement Accepted" and "Technical Site Visit" as completed although no one visited and the item is dispatched from Noida. The earlier one was sent from Mumbai.
Fingers crossed. I hope this gets resolved smoothly.
no problem man, it will be resolved smoothly. If it doesn't , my dad has an lawyer license, I'll help you file a consumer court case

Thumb Nail Rule:

Keep recording video from the time you accept COSTLY product parcel, till you unboxed and book/start or start using.... till today I always did... and if something went bad from SELLERS/COURIER part I got successful refund from ALL Sellers (even from Shopclues) I just send video to them and they have/has no choice but to refund
Right from the second courier guy hands it over to unboxing it FTW!

I once ordered a Mi 43 inches Smart TV from Flipkart for a friend, but the remote was missing. Not just this seller, almost all sellers online have a habit of delivering defective products, no matter from which site you buy. Also I received 2 defective hard disks from Flipkart, one's seal was open(and warranty expired after checking serial no. on Seagate site), and the other was dead on arrival. Also I ordered a FC Barcelona t-shirt from snapdeal where it was not clearly mentioned MEN's or KID's, and ended up receiving a kid's t-shirt. Also long ago, I ordered a One Plus 5T phone from Amazon, and there was a dead pixel on the screen meaning the so called "NEW" phone was actually a refurbished one. But anyhow I always got the refund when I requested for a return. And just recently I ordered an iPhone Xs from Amazon which was not delivered because the product was damaged after they found out the bar code was not scannable. And I ended up waiting for an extra 5-6 days for the refund, and getting the phone from a Mall. That's how online system is my friends :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Nothing is perfect. One can be duped offline and online. :) Good to know you did not loose money.

Nothing is perfect. One can be duped offline and online. :) Good to know you did not loose money.

I will surely always get the refund because I don't click the buy button on refurbished products. So the seller has to always refund the money when there is some defect in the "Brand New" product and if the product is Flipkart Assured or Fulfilled by Amazon

I will surely always get the refund because I don't click the buy button on refurbished products. So the seller has to always refund the money when there is some defect in the "Brand New" product and if the product is Flipkart Assured or Fulfilled by Amazon
Nice!

Ok guys here is my relative experience he ordered ps4 pro from flipkart 5 months back without checking the seller and yesterday i received the call from him he told me that ps4 is not working & sony declined to service i asked him the reason for declining he was told by service centre it was imported ps4 pro i asked him to forward the bill to me there was everything mentioned including gst but in small letter it was written 10 day replacement policy i called the flipkart they told me he has purchased from third party retailer which only give 10 days replacement policy so i should take up with the seller only after inspecting the box i find out it was imported from Dubai

So guys what should i advice my relative any way it can be repaired or replaced

In short everyone dont know which seller is genuine & which one is fraud and people with less experience who heard about flipkart or amazon and later purchase from third party seller seeing the lower price then they find itself in problem

my personal experience is very good from both az & fk purchased an electrolux fridge from them one year back but after 11 months it stopped working even after repeated complain to 3 months has passed and electolux doesn't repair my fridge my last resort is consumer form but before going to consumer forum i take one last chance & complained to flipkart regarding decline of service by electrolux to my surprise after 15 days flipkart ready to take it back it was picked up by them & my full amount is refunded

Ok guys here is my relative experience he ordered ps4 pro from flipkart 5 months back without checking the seller and yesterday i received the call from him he told me that ps4 is not working & sony declined to service i asked him the reason for declining he was told by service centre it was imported ps4 pro i asked him to forward the bill to me there was everything mentioned including gst but in small letter it was written 10 day replacement policy i called the flipkart they told me he has purchased from third party retailer which only give 10 days replacement policy so i should take up with the seller only after inspecting the box i find out it was imported from Dubai

So guys what should i advice my relative any way it can be repaired or replaced

In short everyone dont know which seller is genuine & which one is fraud and people with less experience who heard about flipkart or amazon and later purchase from third party seller seeing the lower price then they find itself in problem
I think that 10 day replacement warranty was for electronics on whole. Yuo bought an indian ps4. you got a duabi one. call flipkart and explain that. this is failure of service.

Else ,you can do this. Go to some other sony store and give them the ps4 without box. only give them the body and bill.

flipkart they told me he has purchased from third party retailer which only give 10 days replacement policy

This will start happening more and more now after the govt decision to restrict sales by online companies on their platforms. Most online places will become like eBay clones. Even getting money back for fraudulent cases will become a nightmare. Why would Amazon or FK spend money on cc gateways or spending money on their own courier service or other stuff when they can't sell on their own? Even if they do spend, it wont be much and we will see service levels drop a lot. Nice way to destroy the Indian online marketplace GOI.

Back