Disaster with Flipkart

Viz

Disciple
Namaste,
Not sure where to post this on the forum, I've ordered a laptop to a gift a cousin, received the product yesterday, but waited for my cousin to open it and once I opened the box, here's what I've got, raised issue with CS and on tweeter as well. Anyone faced issue like this? Will I get justice.

https://www.flipkart.com/dell-vostro...HZTKG8R7NZNA9J

-Srinivas

PS: you can see my buyer profile, I am a genuine guy and I can share my order details from Amazon for past 3 years, never returned anything

Attachments

• Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 444
  • Image 2.jpg
    Image 2.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 428
  • Image 3.jpg
    Image 3.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 369
  • Image 4.jpg
    Image 4.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 414
Thumb Nail Rule:

Keep recording video from the time you accept COSTLY product parcel, till you unboxed and book/start or start using.... till today I always did... and if something went bad from SELLERS/COURIER part I got successful refund from ALL Sellers (even from Shopclues) I just send video to them and they have/has no choice but to refund

Do you think I stand any chance for a refund or replacement now?

They may, but how you convince them (without any proof)?

Just last week I place order with Flipkart a Mobile handset and after payment I request delivery person (just try to do same with Amazon and 90% delivery guy will refuse - only 10% will agree) to stop till I open pack and check... he willingly told me that, Sir, I will do it with pleasure as now days most of buyers start (false) complaint that we are selling/sending used products/fake products/damaged product/bricks/stone/soap etc. etc.

And you won't believe, but he put his bag down took parcel from me and open the box, count all accessories and ask me to switch the phone on (all in 2-3 minutes) also suggest me do not loose the invoice as it will be MUST if any time requires to visit Service Center and once I satisfied with broad smile on his face he told, sir please gave your words for this delivery once you received sms/email about this delivery... (and before he arrived I ask my wife to keep shooting video till he left...)

such a nice person.... I always have 99% good experience with Flipkart & it's Delivery Guys and with Amazon 90% bad experience very CUNNING/Rude/Bunch of Liar Delivery GUYS

Flipkart products come with an invoice. There should be some paper along with the laptop. Maybe search in your account settings to get a digital copy of invoice so you can get the sellers address. If FK people don't bother, just go to police station and lodge a complaint as soon as possible against the seller. Send an email to FK along with police complaint copy and that will get them to start taking things seriously. Many times people do such fraud to sellers on FK and they need to see who is genuine or not. The fakes obviously won't go to police to complain since they will get caught.

Do you think I have to visit cyber crime police station? I raised issue with Flipkart today as we opened the box today although we received the shipment yesterday, do you think I should complaint to police today itself?

Don't go to police yet. Check with flipkart first and see what they say.

Also you might want to approach consumer court.

Yes for safer side it is best to st least have a word with police and be in a loop. Tell them if flopkart refuses to entertain you then its the last option.

Don't go to police yet. Check with flipkart first and see what they say.

Also you might want to approach consumer court.

but will consumer court accept (file) case without Police Complaint?

I think OP should tell Flipkart (via Email - don't just trust on assurance/solution via phone call) that if they didn't Solved the Issue than he left no choice but to approach Police (Cyber Fraud Dept.) and Consumer Court also.

Ok, I sent an email to customer support as well.
My advise is to go to police and lodge a complaint. Police will give you FIR. Send that FIR to flipkart also. Its better to involve police as soon as possible. It will show to amazon/flipkart that you are serious and not trying to fraud it.

Last edited:
Had a call with Flipkart CS and they promised a replacement, in the mean time they arranged for a technician visit, not sure what he's got to do, fingers crossed, will keep you posted on this, thanks for all your help and support.

be prepare to RECORD all (from Arrival of Technician till he left).

Also don't allow him to take back ANYTHING from what you received in package, not even a packing sticker/tape with any code etc.

If still he insist than ask him to take picture of product/label.code etc. or just catch picture from your mobile and send to his mobile via Bluetooth etc. (if he don't have Net connection or good camera etc. etc.)

Had a call with Flipkart CS and they promised a replacement, in the mean time they arranged for a technician visit, not sure what he's got to do, fingers crossed, will keep you posted on this, thanks for all your help and support.

Last edited:
I once ordered a Mi 43 inches Smart TV from Flipkart for a friend, but the remote was missing. Not just this seller, almost all sellers online have a habit of delivering defective products, no matter from which site you buy. Also I received 2 defective hard disks from Flipkart, one's seal was open(and warranty expired after checking serial no. on Seagate site), and the other was dead on arrival. Also I ordered a FC Barcelona t-shirt from snapdeal where it was not clearly mentioned MEN's or KID's, and ended up receiving a kid's t-shirt. Also long ago, I ordered a One Plus 5T phone from Amazon, and there was a dead pixel on the screen meaning the so called "NEW" phone was actually a refurbished one. But anyhow I always got the refund when I requested for a return. And just recently I ordered an iPhone Xs from Amazon which was not delivered because the product was damaged after they found out the bar code was not scannable. And I ended up waiting for an extra 5-6 days for the refund, and getting the phone from a Mall. That's how online system is my friends :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last edited:
Back