Video DishTV or TataSky which is better

Go for CAS as GOVT. put some restriction for price i.e. Rs.5/- per channel and Rs.75/- for Bundel. No such type of Limitations with DTH, so DTH opretors are free to Hike Price at there willingness and as they want.

If you are in area where no Cable or CAS than No Option to DTH.

anirudh said:
DishTV or TataSky which is better.
Can anyone help me in deciding which DTH service is better ?
Go for TATA SKy. It is better in terms of video quality and sound as compared to DishTV compressed video and sound. Channel switching is faster. Customer service is good. Although it is offering less channels at the moment than DishTV but in sometime they will be having all the channels.

i have used Dish TV at home and was quite satisfied with the performance ..... picture clarity is gr8 ..... and almost all channels are there ...... total 174 AFAIR ...... star channels are just started and all star channels are free till december ......

with program guide watching TV was never this good ..... believe me program guide is really kool feature ...... and there are many other features which u will enjoy ...... sound output is also gr8 anyways i was using external amplifier and speakers(not using the TV speakers) .....

and customer service is also gr8 ...... i called them about a problem and 2 hours later the service man was there ....... so i think service won't be a problem

i have heard..the TATA SKY is better service...so i would..advice on TATA SKY..and also..as they have started recently..they may be having some special offer...

I have DishTV, and so far nothing's wrong with it. The customer service gave no probs.

Even though half of those 174 channels they advertise are south indian channels all in different languages.

Got it mainly for viewing cartoon channels in english. Got Boomerang channel as well, showing old classic stuff from early CN era.

params7 said:
I have DishTV, and so far nothing's wrong with it. The customer service gave no probs.
Even though half of those 174 channels they advertise are south indian channels all in different languages.
Got it mainly for viewing cartoon channels in english. Got Boomerang channel as well, showing old classic stuff from early CN era.

i agree with u that some channels are south indian but stilll almost all channels are there on dish TV ...... i mean i can't think of any channel which is not there on dish tv

I've herd a lot of bad things about DishTV, like blocky pictures esp during a live matches, bad customer care, and other things, there are many forums where ppl discuss/diss a lot of dishtv.

Tata has a technological edge over dish, the'll soon get all the channels, and u'd notice tata sky's much clearer/faster than Dishtv.

anyways i just cant wait for iptv now.

anyone here using tata sky, have the pay per view movies started yet !?

sunbiz_3000 said:
I agree with Stick that CAS is a better option.

AFAIK CAS and DTH are not mutually exclusive. DTH defines the delivery method while CAS defines the billing methodology.

Soon DTH will also have to go CAS.

In terms of channels Dish TV is surely way ahead....TATA sky does not offer that many channles....As said above the number of channels are sure to increase soon but as of now.....Channelwise DishTV is a good option.....There are many exclusive channels on dish TV......

well if u have an ordinary TV set, then i'd sat that Dishtv is the better option. but if u have a >29' Screen, then u might want to go for Tata sky.
there is not much sense in going for all that resolution on a 640X480 res on a 21' CRT . DishTV is a bit cheaper, AFAIK . I believe that TATA sky prices will come down with time as more players join the party for revenues from DTH services.......u might see a repeat of what happened with Mobile phones......so U can always get TATAsky later.

^^I think the dude has a 42" plasma... he mentioned somewhere. In that case, tata is really your only option. BTW do these dudes offer 720p transmission or are we still stuck with SD?

Back