Video DishTV or TataSky which is better

DishTV will always be ahead of Tata Sky unless they get Boomerang (for me atleast!).

Old age cartoons > Todays cartoon

Channel wise DishTV is way ahead. So far, Tata Sky has not much on top of the regular cablewallah' cable.

So even if I were to change to Tata Sky now, I'd wait until they get more.

P.S.: Does TS also broadcasts cartoon channels in english? Such as Animax, CN and Nick?

Aspect ratio will ofcourse be 4:3, as 99.99% of TVs in the country are 4:3. Transmission would be 480i (480p if you are lucky).

Tata sky is much better for you.Although right now they have fewer channels than dish tv, in the course of time they will add more channels than dish tv.Murdock has a lot of experience in satellite tv business and his company runs successful DTH serives in UK and australia.Also Tata Sky has leased more no. of transponders than dish tv.So they will in the long run provide greater no. of channels.Besides tata sky has better picture quality than dish tv.Although its more expensive than dish tv right now costing Rs.200 for 56-59 channels ,the price will come down with time.

But either of these two are a lot better than ordinary cable you get.But don't get DTH hoping that you can watch channels in HD!!!

i highly highly doubt dishtv or tatasky for that matter would be 480p.

if it was, these guys would advertise about it with pride, as providing progressive scan broadcast is a big thing, esp when it never exists in a market.

Its prolly 480i, though i shall research more and let u guys know for sure.

I have taken TATA-Sky at last and the installation has been done. I am getting 75%-80% Signal Strength but the Signal Quality is weak at 60%. The display can be more better.

I use DishTV.

So whats the final conclusion. Does TataSky transmit better pictures.

Mine is no plasma but a 42" rear projection TV.

Yes go for Tata Sky. It transmits better picture than Dish TV. Dish TV is serving all its 160 channels from 7 transponders which it has access to and is using a compression technology to accomodate all of its channels and hence the picture quality is not upto the mark as compared to Tata Sky which has access to 14 transponders and serves better picture quality.

does anyone know for certain the resolution at which these broadcasts are?

search the tatasky/dishtv sites as much as you want and all they have to say is DVD quality...grrrr!

ok this just in.. actually on the 20th, but wth

MUMBAI: The battle for direct-to-home (DTH) supremacy is set to intensify with Zee-Turner channels hopping on to Tata Sky.

The Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) has directed Zee Turner Ltd, distributors of Zee and other channels, to provide its signals to Tata Sky within 48 hours.

"Zee Turrner has given an undertaking to the TDSAT to provide all the 32 channels at an interim pricing of Rs 75. This will help in our pursuit to offer to consumers a full complement of content," Tata Sky MD & CEO Vikram Kaushik tells Indiantelevision.com. Tata Sky is already offering 75 channels at an introductory price offer of Rs 200.

so basically tatasky users will be able to get the entire zee package jsut for another 75 buks. which is awsome news.

also in other news, incase people dint know, the reliance DTH project is called 'Reliance Bluemagic' and their applications have been accepted by the information board, waiting for the final licences, which usually takes time, but knowing reliance,...u never know ;)

one question... i know tht the dishtv STB is really shitty as you can only view Dishtv packages with it, whereas as per TRAI regualtions, the STB's should be able to accomodate any dth provider (via smartcard).
what STB are tatasky providing, can anyone post Hi Res pictures, with the jacks/input/outpet et all !!
thanks.

ok, got some diagrams of how the STB's for tatasky look from behind (no pun here)

Thomson STB

img.php

Humax STB

img.php

Back