tufel

Adept
My specs first:
i3 2100
Gigabyte H61 Motherboard
Sapphire HD 5770
Gigabyte 460W Superb PSU
Dell S2340L Monitor

-AS the thread title says, my display goes off intermittently saying " No HDMI cable detected" OR "No VGA cable" ,when I'm using VGA. It basically goes into sleep.
- The only way to fix this restarting my PC. But the problem comes back after a few hours or a day. Sometime within seconds. THIS HAPPENS EVEN WHEN I'M in BIOS.
- When this problem occurs I notice that all the fans including GPU are spinning and RED LED on the cabinet is blinking but the keyboard or mouse don't seem to be responding as the LEDs on the keyboard for NUMLOCK, etc. dont work.
- Now if I plug in my onboard display with the GPU still inside the PCIe slot, there seem to be no problems, whatsoever.
- The temperatures of all the peripherals are all good.

Can someone help me out with this? TIA

Maybe your GPU has gone kaput.Can you try with your friends GPU?

The other thing might be related to os.Are you on win 7?Google for win 7 sleep of death issues.You will get some idea and soln. Regarding your problem.

First update your graphics drivers , motherboard bios and drivers and windows updates and and see of the issue still persists. If its still there, then try using your GPU on a friends PC(with a good PSU) and see if you can reproduce the issue on his PC. If its happening on his PC too then RMA the GPU. If its not happening at his place then try using his PSU on your PC and check for the issue. If the problem is gone then its your PSU fault which you will have to RMA. Hope your sort out your issue soon.

Similar thing happens with my PC ... When I start it sometimes monitor just don't detect the input... then I switch the GPU output port and it solves the problem...

I tried the GPU in my friend's PC and the problem persisted. So, I submitted my GPU for RMA at Aditya Infotech. Hope to resume gaming soon.

Back