Graphic Cards Display Problems

Apex

Skilled
Sometimes, the screen turns slight bluish, greenish or redish randomly. Is it the monitor or the gfx card at fault? The monitor is abt 5-6 yrs old and the gfx card is abt a year old. I have tried the degauss function but the problem remains. what can i do to solve this problem? plz help..thanx in advance. :)

QuickFire said:
Sometimes, the screen turns slight bluish, greenish or redish randomly. Is it the monitor or the gfx card at fault? The monitor is abt 5-6 yrs old and the gfx card is abt a year old. I have tried the degauss function but the problem remains. what can i do to solve this problem? plz help..thanx in advance. :)

perhaps some magnetic disturbance, do u happen to keep speakers/woofer beside the monitor?

Check for any EMI disturbance nearby the monitor, like speakers etc.

As your monitor is about 5-6 years old, that can be at fault(end of line).

Your 6600GT is new i think so dont think that can be at fault.

I feel it is your monitor, get it serviced.

Edit : As rave said check for magnetic disturbance, try orienting your monitor in different directions, to make sure its not EMI

Lol... I know this problem... You using a XFX 6600 GT with Dual DVI connectors... Well... Here is the solution... Tighten the screws of the DVI connectors on the card and Monitor wire on the connector but do this with the comp shut down... Its just a matter if loose connection between them :p... Also this happens when your PC is lying just very close to back wall as the DVI Connector + Monitor VGA Wire connector needs quite a bit of space which becomes tight at times... Hope your problem is solved :)...

since the colors are appearing randomly, imho, it is not a magnetic interference problem.hence degaussing would not help.
most probably the problem could be due to weak voltages inside the monitor due to its old age and cold / loose solder joints problem. get the monitor serviced from a qualified person. it should cost you about Rs. 250/-

ps: does moving the video cable, from the card to the monitor, produces similar problems ??

edit: just saw switch's post above. my "ps:" implied the same.i.e. loose connection.

I've had those exact problems before. Switch is right, turned out it was a loose DSUB to DVI convertor. Make sure the connector's properly screwed into the card.

shahbaaz_vision said:
dude its monitor problem get da display cable replaced or slap monitor on head once.Donn slap too loud that the monitor gets boomed..
Thats the most leetest advice i have ever heard... OMFG AWASOME... This has got to be the POST OF THE YEAR...

shahbaaz_vision said:
dude its monitor problem get da display cable replaced or slap monitor on head once.Donn slap too loud that the monitor gets boomed..

wow, slap, boom, head.... intresting :eek:hyeah:

shahbaaz_vision said:

Yeah that works sometimes,i remember my old westron TV used to work that way, when image was screwed up :ashamed: .As they say " Laato ke bhoot baato se nahi mante " :lol:

thanx for all the replies guys. :)
Rave said:
perhaps some magnetic disturbance, do u happen to keep speakers/woofer beside the monitor?
yes..but the speakers are beside the monitor for years now and the problem started only a few days ago.
Switch said:
Lol... I know this problem... You using a XFX 6600 GT with Dual DVI connectors... Well... Here is the solution... Tighten the screws of the DVI connectors on the card and Monitor wire on the connector but do this with the comp shut down... Its just a matter if loose connection between them ... Also this happens when your PC is lying just very close to back wall as the DVI Connector + Monitor VGA Wire connector needs quite a bit of space which becomes tight at times... Hope your problem is solved ...
Yes...quite possible..i'll tighten em up and let u know tomm. :D
zhopudey said:
The ghosts of the kicks don't listen to the talks
egg..jhactly :p

Switch said:
egg..jhactly :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

LAUGH all you want but my Samsung 75E worked only with a slap on its head after the Samsung engineer had repaired it for some other problem - GOD knows what that engineer did but there was some loose connection in it and it would not show a proper image till it was patted on its head. It was the last service before the warranty on that monitor ran out - the engineer said Samsung would charge 1400/- for his next visit to repair that monitor :O - so I had to live with the slapping for months till I got fed up and called a freelance monitor expert who fixed it for 400/- :)

tightened up the screws on tat dvi vga converter..
no such display probs this morning..or so it seems
wil be able to confirm after 2-3 days. :)

Eazy said:
LAUGH all you want but my Samsung 75E worked only with a slap on its head after the Samsung engineer had repaired it for some other problem - GOD knows what that engineer did but there was some loose connection in it and it would not show a proper image till it was patted on its head. It was the last service before the warranty on that monitor ran out - the engineer said Samsung would charge 1400/- for his next visit to repair that monitor :O - so I had to live with the slapping for months till I got fed up and called a freelance monitor expert who fixed it for 400/- :)
HAHA DUDE seems pretty crude... but man does it work... got pissed off really bad one day at my monitor which was showing only greeen images... hehe... one tight slap on the side and voila... back to normal...

Back