District 9 - Any chance of it releasing in India?

Unless you have been living under a rock, you must have heard about District 9, directed by Peter Jackson's find, Neil Blompkampf. Movie's been getting rave reviews. Unfortunately, I don't see a single poster in any one of the theatres under coming soon, nor is there an IMDB release date in India. Guys have any idea on when or if it's going to come. Or are we reduced to watch it using "alternative" methods?

chiron said:
If it does then I'll go watch it in a theatre. Same goes for Moon and The Pool too.

Both of them stand a zero chance of releasing here. Even though there is an audience for these movies, it doesn't make any business sense for any theatre to be screening them as the ticket sales won't justify the screening costs.

But "Hangover" getting released here was a genuine surprize. Only wish is Sony Pictures shows us some mercy and releases this movie over here.

raksrules said:
Whats so great / good about this movie ???

PS: I am a noob with english movies :ashamed:

This is Peter [Lord of the Rings] Jackson's own production as he did not want to lose the talent of the director Neil Blomkampf after the HALO movie deal fell through. This is also expanded from the original short "Alive in Joburg" [Available in youtube]

The concept, even though it is not exactly original [Alien Nation has similar themes] is executed in a fantastic manner. Just watch the trailer in apple trailers to get an idea.

Back