DIY : Embedded Hybrid Headphone Amplifier (EHHA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

titana

Adept
Embedded Hybrid Headphone Amplifier with Sigma22 PSU

Price : SOLD

Up for sell is my DIY build of reference class headphone amlifier design from Cavalli Audio.

Embedded Hybrid Headphone Amlifier

Most of you would know that this amp is often compared to some of the best headphone amplifiers of the world like Beta22, Zana Deux, Aikido etc.

Comparison with Beta22

Comparison with ZDT- a $3k amp

More impressions here & here

Reason for sale : EHHA rev. A

The build also includes the Amb's Sigma22 power supply unit which is touted as one of the best power supply designs out there.

Other Features :

regulated DC tube heater power supply

Alps rk27 'Blue Velvet' potentiometer

NOS 6GM8 tubes

Neutrik RCA & stereo jacks

Black Aluminium chassis ( 13" x 13" x 4")

Weight ~ 5 kg

Note : Selling it at almost part cost, so I shall not be entertaining lower offers. Those of you who know about this amp know that this is a screaming deal at this price.

I reserve the right to choose the person whom I sell the amplifier, this is not a first come - first serve deal.

Mandatory Pic:

More Pics:

This is so tempting and would be perfect for some upgrades I've had on my mind! I've got just enough saved up too. Must resist! Best of luck with the sale, I'm surprised its still around with Achal and Anubhav lurking around the forums :p

^I guess its because everyone seems to be going for customs these days.:|

BTW, Why resist ?

I have added a few review/comparisons of EHHA to the first post.

Ritvik said:
This is so tempting and would be perfect for some upgrades I've had on my mind! I've got just enough saved up too. Must resist! Best of luck with the sale, I'm surprised its still around with Achal and Anubhav lurking around the forums :p
IF i needed an amp i would have picked it up!

but i currently am in to DACs , titana tell me if you build a DIY DAC! ;)
titana , i ordered Miracle long before i met you so thats not true , my purpose of visiting you still stands.

IF i come to delhi soon i might drop by with Some gear of mine !

Well, you can always buy a DAC whenever you want but this amp won't be seen here again for this price.

You might regret it later when you are ready to buy an amp.This is one of the best amps available for your forthcoming needs.

I am not trying to hussle you into buying this one, just putting facts as they are.

And you are always welcome at my place, so do drop by whenever you can.

you really think that ( best available amps for my forthcoming needs) ?

as i am reading more its being said that even B22 isnt enough !! :(

also i dont have that much now, i will do a DIY tripath speaker amp for 5K :p , i know i will be missing the huge soundstage, and details of EHHA but still the the center fill issue is bothering me.

strategy said:
as i am reading more its being said that even B22 isnt enough !! :(

That's bull$hit. Even a stock single-ended B22 can easily drive any headphone, those guys probably don't know a thing about headphone power requirements.

And the EHHA is just as powerful if not more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back