do certificates from niit or aptech carry value

nuclearvipul

Disciple
i wud like to know if the proficiency certificates provided by the 2 institutes in programming language courses carry any value , or if i am willing to and can learn the programming languages from ebooks or books , then this can be a equally good way.

my 1 cent.. :p

when u look for a job... it might happen that they would like to see the certificates before say.. giving u a test, to know that they wouldnt be wasting their time in testing someone who is not proficient enough.

u could do the basic course and maybe upgrade yourself from time to time through ebooks and online material.

not much value, certifications, professional ones do carry some weight like ones from MS, Redhat and Sun

better to learn from books, they are the best guides :)

yeah. there are MS and Sun certifications for the respective languages , and cisco certifications for network engineers. now those carry a lot of weight :)

Most certifications barely carry any weight as they are dime a dozen....

Though some of the better ones do give a slight edge during shortlisting candidates for entry lvl (say 0-2 yr exp) positions

Either learning from ebooks or Paper Books or NIIT/Aptech/other institutes, its finally ur brain!! Use ur imagination and you'll be a good programmer!!

Certification does matter (MS, Sun etc..) as they get you to the first step... But from there on its ur skills and experience!!

nuclearvipul said:
Which tests does one need to clear for certifications from ms ,sun, redhat and cisco etc

MS = Windows OS, Administration, SQL...
SUN = Java, SUN OS.
RedHat = RHL
Cisco = Networking (routers, switch.....)

YOu might actually lose the upper edge with certifications...They might feel you are not brainy enough to understand books and learn by yourself!

do you have a btech or mca degree in hand. then you wont need certificates from these institutions.

The certificates from redhat and ms etc. will help your resume to be screened to the first round of interview, no more than that.

sri_rng said:
YOu might actually lose the upper edge with certifications...They might feel you are not brainy enough to understand books and learn by yourself!

my bro did PGDST from NSCT (now merged CDAC). Its an excellent course, even FPGDST is very good. what you learn there in a year is way above any uni offering MCA. Its a really good place to be.

Arya said:
my bro did PGDST from NSCT (now merged CDAC). Its an excellent course, even FPGDST is very good. what you learn there in a year is way above any uni offering MCA. Its a really good place to be.

+1, I can vouch for CDAC. job guarantee. but you will have to get seat in one of the ACTS.

Back