DO : Cheapest 80 & 120MM Case Fans !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have these and they are very silent, mind you I get very irritated during sleep even with a slight buzzing noise, and these havent caused any irritation yet. Of course, LED's were disonnected..

Yogesh Sarkar said:
You got any 80mm fans without leds?

Just snip those 4 LEDs from the fan. Takes hardly a minute! :p

Rahul, YGPM! Please send me the fans once u're back!

clown_abhi said:
Well, i tried these fans sometimes back and they were a lot noisy than the 38db mentioned in the specs.:p

Aces170 said:
I have these and they are very silent, mind you I get very irritated during sleep even with a slight buzzing noise, and these havent caused any irritation yet
Very contrasting views:S

Guys who have got this kindly put in your views..me also thinking getting the same:)

I've 3 Amigo 120mm fans. 1 intake, 1 exhaust and another slapped to an Accelero S1. There's an additional 120mm fan whicah came with the Xigmatek S1283 heatsink. The system is silent. I've not undervolted it either.

Gunman said:
I've 3 Amigo 120mm fans. 1 intake, 1 exhaust and another slapped to an Accelero S1. There's an additional 120mm fan whicah came with the Xigmatek S1283 heatsink. The system is silent. I've not undervolted it either.

Ur PM has been Replied

BIKeINSTEIN said:
sheesh- i paid more even though i bought 9 and picked them up myself. :lol:
The 120mm ones are very vfm fans and decent for 24x7 use.
Some are ok and some can be a bit faster and also end up a bit buzzier.
If they get noisy after sometime, oil them.
If still noisy, throw them away and get new ones. :p

How do you oil them and where?

-=Unreal=- said:
^I have Amigo 120mm one as the front intake ,not noisy,u can make it dead silent by under volting it.

Hmm, how do you do that?

I have one Amigo fan with me and believe me it makes hell lot of noise for my htpc setup.

~LT

linuxtechie said:
I have one Amigo fan with me and believe me it makes hell lot of noise for my htpc setup.

80/120?

Who told you to use a Amigo in a HTPC? :rofl:
Some people, in total silence, can even hear slow 120mm fans humm/click, esecially when undervolted. :p

In 120mm, a Scythe 63/49cfm at 9-12volt is ok for most average people.

Genuine San Aces undervolt the best and work good at even just 5v.
Glacialtechs were not so expensive as the good fans used to sell for much more locally- but were quite loud for 24x7 use imho.

Especially for normal people looking at a non-instrusive rig that is mostly on display and for general use in the living room.

So 2 GTs in a Bijli/Elite 330 can be quite loud- i think the whole case vibrates to create more humming.
At 175 bucks and 60-70cfm, the Amigos just about fit in.
Amigos are for those who look at cheap fans or more like those who will run the pc with default fans with no concern to have an exhaust fan or HDD cooling.

More for people who will be like - Zebronics Bijli is 1K w/o psu- is there nothing cheaper? :O

or

I have a CM "Elite" 330/334- was 2K man- what a brilliant case- but now i am broke after spending so much on a case- so one fan is enough. :p

or

If the manufacturer provided only one 40cfm fan means it's more than enough- even if i have a Q6600 with a 4850 in it. :p
So if not wanting to spend more, i shift the sole 120 to the back for exhaust in case of Bijli.

In case of Elite, if buying an amigo, i shift the slow rear to the front and use the amigo for exhaust.
Though i think 175 sounds ok for most, i think these fans must not cost a lot to make. :ashamed:

BIKeINSTEIN said:
80/120?

Though i think 175 sounds ok for most, i think these fans must not cost a lot to make. :ashamed:
Well I've seen case fans for 99 cents (50 bucks) on the web and let's face it, these fans are probably produced by the millions in some remote factory in China where the costs for both raw material and labor are rock bottom.

I bought 3 Amigo 120mm fans last month from Amarbir and found them to be anything but quiet. Earlier my CM690 was running on its stock 3 fans and when people used to come into my room, they would ask me if the system is actually running or not but now I can hear my system running even from my next room. Gonna replace 'em soon with Cooler Master fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back