DO: Heatsinks

Ya dude, even i'd be interested in TRUE Black Edition than Xigmatek..but only if its withing the same price range or so..

... Just get the price for TRUE Black Edition and put it in GO with good priciing... pppl will fall for it :)

The Sorcerer said:
Damn....do you have true black edition by any chance?

^^ I doubt many people will buy extra cash just because its black :p. Still need to know if the the true 120 black will rust or not. Heard some bad news about thermaltake 120 rusting a bit.

The Sorcerer said:
^^ I doubt many people will buy extra cash just because its black :p. Still need to know if the the true 120 black will rust or not. Heard some bad news about thermaltake 120 rusting a bit.

The Black Edition is not just for the Color ie. not just in black color :no: .. Its Oxidised Coating which will prevent your cooler from rusting. So it makes it worth for a few hundred bux more...

b00gieMan said:
...... Its Oxidised Coating which will prevent your cooler from rusting. So it makes it worth for a few hundred bux more...

Well....is it really oxidised coat or just black paint. You'll never know unless one uses them.

The Sorcerer said:

b00gieMan said:
The Black Edition is not just for the Color ie. not just in black color :no: .. Its Oxidised Coating which will prevent your cooler from rusting. So it makes it worth for a few hundred bux more...

The Sorcerer said:
Well....is it really oxidised coat or just black paint. You'll never know unless one uses them.

Oxidised coating?? :rofl:

I hope you meant to say Anodised. :p
And iirc, rusting is used specifically for iron and it's alloys.

We use the generic term of corrosion/oxidisation for every other metal. :)
Please post correct info.

Learn to read and to comprehend.
TRUE has nickel plating all over.

Nickel plating is supposed to prevent oxidisation of copper and alumimium and make it look shiny and nice.

But here in India, especially at hot and humid places and mainly in coastal areas, the TRUE oxidises badly and flakes.
TRUE Black has "black-coloured" nickel plating all over- which already got a bit chipped iirc when a reviewer was a tad sloppy.

Will it see the same fate here as the original TRUE will be unknown till someone here has used it.

And there are reports that say (it is not worth $20 more just for the black plating when) there are no performance gains seemingly. :cool2:
Sorry for the O/T KMD- i cannot digest improper info on TE- that maybe distastrous to some newbie. :ashamed:

Zalman VF1000 BLUE LED VGA Cooler + 50 Shipping

Am from Mumbai would be interested in the Zalman fan, Just a question hope it comes with all the Heatsinks and accessories that are shown on the website.

Anant

Back