Budget 21-30k Do I need a GPU card for non-gaming software development PC?

Dear Community,

I currently own a PC and I don't play any games or movies on it since I only and only use it for running Android Studio and creating Android Applications, Visual Studio for websites and API building, web browsing and general stuffs.

My question is that do I need still need a cheap graphics card (like GeForce GT-710 1GB or 2GB) or I don't need at all.

Thanks in advance.

I would say pick up a 2nd hand low power profile card. Helps in Virtualization and Emulators etc.
Thanks @mutant for your suggestion. I got your point that it will help emulator to act faster.

Now I would like to get in more detail on my question like what if I only use my PC for general purpose then do I need a GPU or not. Will it help my PC anyhow to run little bit more smoothly by transferring desktop rendering from Integrated GPU (on CPU) to dedicated cheap GPU? Or GPU usually be used by computers in Games only or also used for computer desktop rendering?

Thanks @mutant for your suggestion. I got your point that it will help emulator to act faster.

Now I would like to get in more detail on my question like what if I only use my PC for general purpose then do I need a GPU or not. Will it help my PC anyhow to run little bit more smoothly by transferring desktop rendering from Integrated GPU (on CPU) to dedicated cheap GPU? Or GPU usually be used by computers in Games only or also used for computer desktop rendering?

Has no advantage in normal workload and desktop rendering etc. Latest gen integrated GPUs from say AMD are good enough for most people anyhow.

GPU usage is highly correlated to applications you use on daily basis.
If you have any usage such as Design, Rendering or Video editing,then you will highly benefit from GPU. If you use the PC strictly for coding then there are no real benefits of GPU.

GPU usage is highly correlated to applications you use on daily basis.
If you have any usage such as Design, Rendering or Video editing,then you will highly benefit from GPU. If you use the PC strictly for coding then there are no real benefits of GPU.
I strictly use my PC for coding and web browsing purposes @Emrebel. Thanks for helping and guiding me. I got a perfect answer from both you guys. Thanks for the help.

Back