Other Do oleophobic screen guards work ?

I hate my screen gets fingerprints always. any screenguards that work that have this coating ? Could not find a vfm option for samsung s7.

Do they actually help reduce fingerprints or its just a seeling scam ??? any users ?

Not sure about the S7, but i recently bought a Nillkin "Amazing H+ Pro", or something like that for 600, tempered glass and its oleophobic coating has been top notch.

The cheap 200-400 rupee ones don't usually have a proper coating, just a weak one from experience. If you have a 50k phone, spending 500-1k on securing it shouldn't be such a big deal IMO.

ok but even that 1200 rs guard does not fully cover screen as screen is curved a bit . paying 1100 extra just for anti fingerprint seems not worth if its same as the 100 rs screenguards hat dnt fuly cove screen.

Yeah, curved screens are a mess, which is why i don't prefer the Samsung's, as I drop phones quite often and curved screen protectors are mostly terrible. I initially thought you had the Flat S7.

Yeah, curved screens are a mess, which is why i don't prefer the Samsung's, as I drop phones quite often and curved screen protectors are mostly terrible. I initially thought you had the Flat S7.
i have the flat s7 only, even that has a slight curve at ends.

The tempered glass for iPhones cuts off at the curved part too (and for all phone with 2.5D glass) unless you go for the full display ones (which look worse). This is a tradeoff you have to accept

Get Nilkin CP+ series.
These are great at covering entire screen. It has 2.5d and oleophobic coating. One of the best tempered glass protectors that I have ever used. I have used it on S6.

EDIT:
Nevermind; it seems Nilkin did not launch this product for S7.

Last edited:
Get Nilkin CP+ series.
These are great at covering entire screen. It has 2.5d and oleophobic coating. One of the best tempered glass protectors that I have ever used. I have used it on S6.

EDIT:
Nevermind; it seems Nilkin did not launch this product for S7.
its there for s7 on amazon but i saw pic by customer that iit didd not coover screen properly

Officially Nillkin did not release CP+ for S7 and S7E; what you saw was a fake.

These are all the products that Nillkin has for S7 and S7E

http://www.nillkin.com/english/product.asp?bid=1212&mid=2&sid=0&tid=0

http://www.nillkin.com/english/product.asp?bid=1211&mid=2&sid=0&tid=0
turn to page 2 :rolleyes::D

upload_2017-7-20_12-36-55.png

got a matt finish full body screen guard not tempered from gadgetshield for s7 edge
Installed , wet method . Works fine
I was using this on my S7E. I would highly recommend not using it. The Gadgetshields Matter full body cover is thick and creates problems with heat dissipation. You will find your phone at pretty room temperature with that ON but take it off and you will understand how warm the phone actually is. and all this heat has not play left to dissipate from.

My S7e started freezing randomly and finally started freezing very frequently after 1 month usage; finally had to get the device replaced.

This is the product that I had in matte:
https://www.gadgetshieldz.com/samsung-galaxy-s7-edge-screen-protectors-covers-cases.html

I had applied only on the back panel though.

CP+ is what I am talking about for past 2 posts of mine; are you getting confused with that?
Nillkin CP+ is a product line.
ok now you are confusing me totally!. you said nilkin does not have those premium sub brand product for s7. but the website shows even the non premium subbrand is supposedly anti fingerprint. so what am i missing?

I was using this on my S7E. I would highly recommend not using it. The Gadgetshields Matter full body cover is thick and creates problems with heat dissipation. You will find your phone at pretty room temperature with that ON but take it off and you will understand how warm the phone actually is. and all this heat has not play left to dissipate from.

My S7e started freezing randomly and finally started freezing very frequently after 1 month usage; finally had to get the device replaced.

https://www.gadgetshieldz.com/samsung-galaxy-s7-edge-screen-protectors-covers-cases.html

wont same problem also happen with all plastic cases too? so to have the coolest phone only use metal bodied cases or something ?

i have installed same one , front and rear
Havent gamed on it as no time
Normal calls ,camera and whatsapp only . Havent found any heating isues . Usage is user specific also . But will keep this in mind

Normal calls ,camera and whatsapp only . Havent found any heating isues . Usage is user specific also . But will keep this in mind
can you show a pic how it looks in real life ? how slippery is it ? durable on bezel and other small parts ?

Last edited:
ok now you are confusing me totally!. you said nilkin does not have those premium sub brand product for s7. but the website shows even the non premium subbrand is supposedly anti fingerprint. so what am i missing?

Like Samsung brand has S6 S7 S8 products; Nillkin has H+, Film Protector, CP+ products.
CP+ is 2.5d tempered glass that covers entire screen and make it appear as if there is no tempered glass applied. This CP+ product is not manufactured by Nillkin for Samsung S7 series; what you see is other Nillkin products for S7 series (and not CP+)

It's almost as if you are not reading "CP+" in any of my messages. :neutral::neutral:

wont same problem also happen with all plastic cases too? so to have the coolest phone only use metal bodied cases or something ?

No; These film protectors stick to the glass completely and leave almost no surface open for radiation. A case does not still to glass completely and glass can still radiate more than it would if a film protector was on it.

You will not notice any heating because the film protector is not conducting that heat properly. When the next it gets the warmest with the film protector on, remove the film protector from back and see how hot it really is. You can create this condition by keeping your phone for charging below 10% and check in 30-40mins.

Must admit though, the matte film diffuses all the shiny glare and makes the phone look almost like soft aluminium; I had the Titanium variant of S7E and it looked really great with matte film on.

EDIT:
Added pics of S7E Titanium Silver with Gadgetshieldz Matter film on back
@RakaKaKaka

Attachments

• gadgetshieldz_s7e1.jpg
    gadgetshieldz_s7e1.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 203
  • gadgetshieldz_s7e2.jpg
    gadgetshieldz_s7e2.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 208
  • gadgetshieldz_s7e3.jpg
    gadgetshieldz_s7e3.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
nice, so i finally got what you were trying to saay after looking at a cp + screenguard. yes those ones wont make it look if we have a guard put on phone i guess specially if used with a case. the others are also anti finger print but it leaves a lil space on right and left side of screen and thaat is what i do not want. btw what do you suggest to get to protect glass front and back of s7 then ? i like this full lamination kinda thingy thats for 799. you saying its thick so phone gets heated. whats your suggestion then ? with a case also phone does get warm sometimes like charging etc though i never game.

Back