CPU/Mobo Do u guys prefer: SLI or Non SLI?

sabret00the

Disciple
Guys I'am fascinated by the SLI technology due to a couple of factors.Well u may use a couple of cheap cards and get better performance than 1 expensive card.Then again u may buy 1 card now and buy another later on when u have the money.One card with too much tweaking will see heating issues (eg:7950GX2 has 2 GPUs but bad cooling) whereas 2 separate cards will be placed on 2 separate slots and they have their own cooling.Moreover as each card has less workload so heating and reliablity issues will be less with SLI.Do u agree with me?;)

I'd prefer Sli/Crossfire only when using high end graphic cards...always better to save up and get a single higher end/faster card, rather than getting a couple of midrange cards, which would mean more power required and more heat generated and inturn be more expensive too. Unless the other card can be used for physics or something...SLi/Crossfire's not for me right now.

Anish said:
Well its a pretty lame questions, I think everybody would prefer SLi or CF but not many can afford it :p

yeah thats right.
But i prefer no sli . Instead of spending the money for 2 cards why not buy a good ati or nvidia card. :eek:hyeah:

1 more thing can u guys clear it for me . If we bulid a sli pc , thus it mean that we should 2 same cards. or any other nvidia card can work.

ex: 6600gt and 7600gt as sli . IS it possible

I would prefer a Crossfire but only in high end cards as there is not much point to go for dual midrange cards and even then a single high end would beat it..

but i aint got the moolah to buy a crossfire.

@Chaos: Bill chacha se paise dilwa dena to buy kar loonga

I don't prefer SLI/Cross as they needs more and more SMPS power.

Not even a 450W, sometime you may need 500W or 550W SMPS.

I can go for a SLI setup by buying the 2nd card after 6months but, I don't have that much money to grab such high SMPS.

:) I like crossfire or sli but unless you are insanely rich...makes no sense now...because the performance increase is mostly around 30% odd barring a few games...maybe once dx10 comes out and with the newer generation of games it might start to make more sense...as of now it is no:)

As a thumb of the rule, I would get CF only I could afford 2 1900XTs, which means around 50k, which I don't have.

Anyway, to SLi 8800GTX you will need atleast a lac.

I would Personally dont prefer SLI. Its a Waste of Money, n has very little performance increase in Real world gaming, About 70% of the gamers still game on 1280x768, SLI is only needed when gaming at those real high resolutions. Tho some guys might prefer it.

Back