Do u Miss '90s indian Tv shows

I look at Tv these days and all i want to chuck my remote on the screen.

Seems there is nothing for The thinking mind on tv these days

the Last good show i watched was perhaps Sarabhai vs sarabhai and rishtaa.com

i remember in '90s when Cable Tv was still in infancy there was a trend of rich and urban programming..Thrillers,great dramas were in abundance

saturday suspense,Star bestsellers,thriller@10,X-zone,Saans,Pal Chhin,Tu Tu Main Main,Saaya..the list is Endless

What do you say???

Indeed! Few of amzaing TV shows both Indian & Syndicated Foreign Serials were absolutely amazing! Wish we has TV recorders back then

Small wonder, GI Joe, I dream of jeannie, bewitched, 3 stooges, flop show, disney toons watching these all in hindi back then was really different, today we can watch them too but we still get nostalgic & remember those days back.

I do watch the old DD ads & montages whenever I feel like getting back in those old days

I so wish I had a time machine & could live a life again in the 90s, amazing days back then which I never valued as a kid just thought when will I grow up to get rid of exams & all tensions, but I failed to understand how much pressure & responsibility we have as we grow up, also exams get much tougher too
tongu23e.gif

I guess the 90s were the best days for most of us in age group 20-25, we were into childhood, no tensions, worries, just enjoy after school hours.

Yeah superhuman samurai,shazam,giant robot,

never liked saans but those times people were forced to watch tv since pcs were not mainstream then.

Also loved reporter ft shekhar suman.

Pa saahab(yes lifted from yes minister) but better executed.

Somehow i feel the daily soap regime has killed the pace at which tv series has to be narrated and hence their quality has deterioated.

If the trend of weekly shows comes back i hope the quality would improve.

Ahh nostalgia...

The channel I miss the most is Cartoon Network before it sold is soul sometime between 2003-2005.

I also miss original SRGMP of Annu Kapur, Surabhi, Hum Paanch....

Today's TV is filled with stupid (K)erials, and cheap &/or vulgar reality shows
2guns.gif

dekh bhai dekh,hum panch were good watch.recently i loved sarabhai vs sarabhai and don't know why they didn't have a second season.

I miss the stuff of Hum Log (1984 - 1985) and Buniyad (1986) types. The characters of Hawalee Ram, Bhadkee, Laloo, Nane were fleshed out so well.

Daily: After dinner, while sipping tea we would watch as a family. No Advertisement. Now, TV is lame.

Desperately seeking-

Mr Yogi

KaramChand

Mohandas B.A.L.L.B.

Mullah Nasruddin

Mungerilaal Ke Haseen Sapne

The simple times were defined by serials like Wagle ki duniya, circus and Surabhi. Common man's concern were addressed and where characters were not talking about crores and designer clothes.

some where around 1996-97, i use to a rush to a relative house after 3 street from my home, just to watch Zee Horror Show, and while returning back i always use to get nature's call
cry.gif

Swat Kats
devil.gif
EPIC......... Jungle Book, Disney tales... Man those days were Awesome...

Sarabhai vs Sarahai, Hum paanch were my favourites... Rest I dont remember
cry.gif

but those times people were forced to watch tv since pcs were not mainstream then.

I will have to disagree with you because if the television shows today were near anywhere as good as they were I would prefer to watch them than sit in front of the PC. The idiot box can be very relaxing if you don't have to mess with the remote every other minute.

Funny no one mentioned Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles so far. Was a huge fan of it.

I guess even if DD National, Re-runs or Syndicates the Older shows from the 80s & 90s it can really get ahead of rest of "Same-Old-Saas-Bahu-Rona-Dhona" Channels like Star, sony colors etc.
indifferent14.gif

Also the Cartoons these days are total crap, where is the Disney Hour, Popeye, Swat kats, The Mask (mask in hindi was hilarious), Looney tones etc some many superb cartoons on Cartoon Network used to be aired but today its some BS toons & failed translations in hindi.

For Indian Horror shows, nothing can beat the Zee Horror show even today, the intro itself used to be scary with the mask in background, I used to close my eyes whenever I would feel that horror scene is impending
gap.gif

I will have to disagree with you because if the television shows today were near anywhere as good as they were I would prefer to watch them than sit in front of the PC. The idiot box can be very relaxing if you don't have to mess with the remote every other minute.

Funny no one mentioned Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles so far. Was a huge fan of it.

it was specific to a TV serial Saans which i was not a big fan of.

^^I liked X Zone More,I remember watching one story called the caves of Rangiri Starring Pallavi Joshi..it was awesome

also some telefilms on zee were Too good,like Choclate starring Kay Kay Menon,Niki aneja (Tvs Madhuri dixit) and pallavi Joshi

Another Pallavi joshi Drama I remember Was Aarohan based on navy

Swat cats and Mask in hindi were really epic

oh i so Miss those shows....

Back