Do you justify protests against Bush's visit to India?

Do you justify the nationwide protests against Bush's (Dubya :p ) visit to india by the Muslim community, CPM/CPI etc. ?

The Muslim community is coupling this visit along with the overblown rage against Dannish cartoons and the US led war against IRAQ, afghanistan...

The Communists (CPM/CPI) are as usual against the capitalist policies of the US and as such protest against all things with a 'USA' tag..

(Btw,does Dubya deserve all this attention..?:bleh: :rofl: )

Hell no!!!!

Just to grab media attention as Chaos said....

and the fact is that Us is the sole remaining superpower. So, if India have to progress we do have to beg and fall at their feet at times. No getting away from that fact.

But we have progressed in the sense, the world is takinmg note of us

kuch kaam dhanda nahi hain...................................cpi/cpm......
regardin the protest frm muslim side.......no comments...we all know why ppl r allowing such cartons.......

I too HATE Bush.

But what would you do?? allow your personal beliefs and feelings get in the way of genuine progress of India?? Be honest. At least with yourself. Are you really selfish enough to allow your personal hatred against Bush come in the way of India progressing??

Well we are finally in a position where USA has to look at us as serious nation, they cant ignore us. And its in benifit of USA to have good relations with India.

We have survived US restrictions without any impact, that was learning experiece for them. And if USA is to continue to be super power it needs nations like India and China on their side ;)

Protest against Bush is unevitable, hell he gets protesters in his own country. He much have felt right at home :p

But little will that reflect on Indo-US relations. We are getting what we want, USA is getting what they want. Its all good........

We are no longer suck up country.

^^Totally with you on this..we all have to agree on this that US for sure is the world's most developed country and to turn away from them just because your and their ideologies are different is foolish to say the least...more so when they are trying to build a fruitful relationship with us...okay, we know that they are actually helping themselves here and just trying to get a strategic advantage because they know that they cannot ignore India anymore..but there's no questioning the point that in the process India too will gain a lot...technologically & scientificallythere's nothing to loose..

we will rightfully be on the path to become a developed superpower, if we have powerful new friends..and not longterm but useless friends..[

We all have to believe that the world bows in front of the rising sun..at the moment, that rising sun is USA...russia is long dead..and to counterbalance the powerzone with China we need a powerful ally..the answer cud well be US..

Similarly, the US knows this that India cud be the answer to a strategic hold in the Asia continent politics and thus a need for it to remain a super power..

Goldenfrag said:
Ok, 1 sec,

Why exactly has Bush come?

What are the discussing???

Bush has come for strengthening bilateral and economic ties, and not just about the N Deal..though it is one of the major issues to be discussed along with the issue of the US vote for permanent candidature of India for UN security council..

Other things include some international issues including Iran and Pakistan..and the need for India and the US to be together in the fight against terrorism..

Basically the visit is mainly about economic ties..and that is what burns the CPI/CPM..

These communist guys really need to be dumped in ship and set sail for cuba,china or russia..or better..hell..they are always against development through globalisation and ties with capitalist economies like US..even if it brings us a lot of money and business in the form of Foreign Direct Investments..

Well i agree we cant let our own beliefs and grudges come in the way of progress of our nation...but at wat cost will all this progress come at?

Just because we want to be a superpower doesnt mean we give up in what we believe.Our nuclear programme right from the onset combined civil and military programmes...

Now just because USofA is holding a carrot in front of us(various policies) we let open our top secrets to the IAEA? Well as of today 14 reactors have been designated as civil and will be open to internatiol agenices for monitoring...even our sciencetists are against this!!!

The US cant stand the ennormous economic growth that both India and China are witnessing...but they very well know that China will never side with them...but a slighty weaker('political will' wise) India will...

We want military hardware...aircraft etc etc....
the 126 medium range fighter jets India wants with start up the assembly lines at Lockeed Martin(or some1 else) if the deal goes USA's way...its the mother of all aircraft deals....and the aircraft the US is offering quite old technology i.e the F16's and F18's...the very same F16's which the US sells to Pak.
Why dont they offer the F22 Raptor?? Why dont they offer a proposition to jointly develop technology?

The US knows their sanctions didnt work...so now they want to offer a little but have max control over what we do.....

Why cant we stand up for ourseleves like Iran did???

We all have to believe that the world bows in front of the rising sun..at the moment, that rising sun is USA...russia is long dead..and to counterbalance the powerzone with China and Pakistan, we need a powerful ally..the answer cud well be US..

C'mon man.....USA helping India against Pak????? this must a joke...
US doesnt want an ally...they want a 'strategically located' partner...so when their military hardware is circulating with the Indian Armed Forces , they can demand to put up military bases within India....

Other things include some international issues including Iran and Pakistan..and the need for India and the US to be together in the fight against terrorism..

Terrorism is when USA is attacked....but what is happening in Kashmir is a fight for freedom?

Why doesnt USA support India for a permanent UN seat??

@Wraith ---- I agree with you on the terrorism part.

But abt the nuclear plants part, I disagree.... India have allowed only 14 reactors to be under the IAEA. Not all the reactors.

There are still a few reactors where top secret stuff will go on and where we will continue to produce Nuclear fuel for warheads.

We are not compromising on all our secrets.

And yeah, US will never betray Pak. Unless Pak is directly indicted in a major attack on Americans and this day is not far off(or so, I like to believe :p ).

US is afraid of India's growing power and stature. It will never support India's demand for a permanent UNSC seat. Till now, US have a monopoly in the UN. They do whatever they like and no one stops them. That is the problem with UN. It has become US' playground.

And no country will offer it's best machinery to another country. Least of all the Americans.

I sincerely hope that the deal goes to the Russians or the French. Whatever said and done, the Russians have been loyal friends. They have stood by us in good times and bad. But the fact is we chose the wrong side after independance. Pakistan went along with the Capitalist block and while India was non-aligned, we still distanced ourselves from the US which was a mistake in the long run.

but in a way that was good coz we did not have an invasion of all American companies until recently and so, we have been able to develop our own industries, etc.....

Nice discussion going on here.

Well, i dont understand, If the UN has become the US' playground, why do the people listen to it. Specially India, I want India to take back Pak occupied Kashmir, We have every right to do so, Pakistan takes a lil' area quietly, India takes it back with Noise, matlab UN, rather the USA Interveanes, and stops us?

I mean Why????? How does it ****ing matter to them?

I think it was right on Indias part to not take sides after Independence.

What i didnt like was, During the Gulf War, India allowed US Jets to refuel at Indian Air bases, and attack Iraq. That was really sad! Bush attacked Iraq for Oil, whats stopping him from Attacking India?

I think hes Attacking India right now as we speak, but in a different way. All he wants is to Curb India's Growing Economy, and he wants a Strategical Advantage over China and the rest of the East...

Wraith said:
C'mon man.....USA helping India against Pak????? this must a joke...
US doesnt want an ally...they want a 'strategically located' partner...so when their military hardware is circulating with the Indian Armed Forces , they can demand to put up military bases within India....
Buddy,I never said US will help us against PAK...that sentence cud easily be taken in a wrong way..;)..to counterbalance the powerzone with China and Pakistan need not necessarily be in the militaristic way, the US eyes india as a geographically strategic position in asia..as usual, US has pure business in its mind with the largest chunk of profit for itself..but in the process, india cud use the technological expertise of the US to some degree if not much..
And to say that they are providing us with outdated technology in the form F16s and F18s is debatable because we are using an even obsolete technology and the f16s and f18s are much better off than the MIGs we have been flying (and crashing) for so many years..Their Outdated technology may still be new life for the Indian Air force...
The few Sukhois we have are not going to take us too far..we need a better fleet of fighters to replace the ancient MIGs..

And to say that the US shud offer us F22 Raptors is like taking it a bit too far..Why hasnt the US offered the F22s to their closest ally,Britain?;)
Every country wants to have a technological advantage over the others.

Do you think, Russia offered us the best of the tech they had in the years of close friendship with india?Even they disposed off their outdated fleet of submarines, fighters etc. to India to make way for more advanced technology..

In this world..nobody is a friend of anybody..its just the adjustments we make for our needs..:hap5:

I agree wit u cayotee india needs nuclear fuel india got it!! thats it fast breeder program not under inspection 8 under millitary and newer ones will be on indias decision whether millitary or civilian i so agree with funky and yall India is going to be asias superpower and america simply cant deny this.

Well the thing is, even by opening the nuclear reactors to IAEA we have nothing to loose, the IAEA members already have technology we have, and i assure you noone wants nuclear war. Whatever military fuel we need just in case wont be problem for us to produce of other reactors. And its not like we wont have time to cleanup military secrets. Hell i am sure by now those reactors which india have agreed to be under inspection are already cleaned from bottom to top of any document or secrets relative to military nuclear program.

We forget that we need basic infrastructure first, we are in no immediate military or political danger. Our army is well trained, dont underestimate outdated technology. Mig21 may be outdated but it can still get the job done when needed. And we have quiet a few Sukhoi 30s lined up to join fleet in next few year.

Military wise we are not in direct danger of open war. No country, not even Pakistan or China will even think of open war against India at this moment, they simply cant afford that.

We are getting what we need the most, hell today electricity is more important to us than F22.

And possessing nuclear capability keeps other enemies away ;)

Its the priorities that matters. We are finantially capable of buying whatever weapons we need. and we can acquire it from multiple sources. Keep in mind we are in talks with france and EU too.

We got the nuclear deal, thats jackpot to us.

^^bingo...that is what the point is..we are not going to be entirely dependant on the US even after the N deal..we have a gr8 economy and the world is one big marketplace, we decide from where we pick up the weaponry we need..so even when we are signing an MOU with the US on the N Deal and maybe the 126 fighters, simultaneously there are talks going on with other big european contenders like France on fighter class aircrafts and Israel,russia and many others on other weaponry.. The big thing is money and India currently has a booming economy to attract many big players..So its no surprise that countries like US and other EU countries have a keen interest in India for business,commerce, science and technology..

And since the Indo US Ndeal is a civilian project, it'll eventually help take care of a percentage of the Power crisis that India is suffering from..

Man the 2 lakh protestors in South Mumbai yesterday !!! And whas the big deal protesting about the danish cartoons to Bush !! ?
South Mumbai was choked last evening...

Back