Do you keep a Grab Bag?

raksrules

Elite
Do you keep a Grab Bag? If yes then what all is in it and if not then what all would you keep in it If you were to start today.
Like I have one backpack that I have kept at home which has following...

Property papers
Passports
PAN Cards etc and all such I'd cards
All printed passwords from last pass
Birth and marriage certificates
Bank Locker key

I know I need to put more stuff but not sure what all. If you have suggestions, I am all ears.

PS: I am not sure if grab Bag is the right term but this is basically a bag which I would pick and run in case of any emergency.

Do you keep a Grab Bag? If yes then what all is in it and if not then what all would you keep in it If you were to start today.
Like I have one backpack that I have kept at home which has following...

Property papers
Passports
PAN Cards etc and all such I'd cards
All printed passwords from last pass
Birth and marriage certificates
Bank Locker key

I know I need to put more stuff but not sure what all. If you have suggestions, I am all ears.

PS: I am not sure if grab Bag is the right term but this is basically a bag which I would pick and run in case of any emergency.

I think money would qualify to be required for emergency. So cash and debit/ credit cards should be included.

Add your educational qualification certificates to that.
I have a similar bag, it contains the passport, medic registration, WHO issued ID card, social security card, 3 credit cards, 1 cash ( debit)card and a revolver (licensed)
If you live in India, keep the voter's card, it seems to be the most important document.
My bag is for sudden call from Geneva.

I got my vvip stuff securely stashed somewhere in my house but yes its reachable and I don't believe in such bag stashing as imagine the bag itself getting stolen, lost or burnt or etc. then everything is lost and you are again running pillar to post esp. in current pandemic and you got nothing to prove who you are.

I have my stuff secured and handy in this manner:
I maintain 3 wallets:
Each wallet got 1 debit card + 3 credit cards + just few handy cash (700 bucks -1k)

2 phones (primary postpaid & secondary prepaid):
Both loaded with all required apps + payments options like gpay etc. (in case I'm stuck with my only phone it is my rescue point for virtually everything)
Phones got soft copies of me and my wifes aadhar/pan on emails + offline + in DigiLocker & ICICI digi locker which takes care of all our identiity crisis (everyting uploaded on the virtual lockers)

Lastpass on phones + cloned lastpass to another lastpass account.

So if I or we have to run in any crisis I just need to pick my one wallet and one phone and housekeys of course. :cool:

I got my vvip stuff securely stashed somewhere in my house but yes its reachable and I don't believe in such bag stashing as imagine the bag itself getting stolen, lost or burnt or etc. then everything is lost and you are again running pillar to post esp. in current pandemic and you got nothing to prove who you are.

Even I have this apprehension. What if it gets stolen or lost or burns down. So I keep stuff separate but mostly organised. But people here are way more organised than I am.
I too keep documents in email and offline in phone but not all. Keeping in digital format is yet another apprehension I have. What if it gets hacked and someone gets access to it all!

Looking for more tips and methods people follow here.

Back