Does any one know what happened to Erodov ?

Yes. I remember buying quite a few items from Katmandude in GOs. HTPC Case (Antec Fusion Veris 430 HTPC Case), HTPC specific Motherboards (MSI Media Live DIVA Motherboard), RAM, Philips Remotes, Windows Media Center Remote, CPUs and CPU Coolers, Verbatim Taiyo-Yuden Blank DVDs, Multiple TV tuner Cards, etc. Gosh!!! Looks like spent around 1 Lakh buying stuff from Katmandude and not one of them is in use today.

I was chasing katmandude 2yrs ago here and there as desperately wanted to buy few product only he could had sourced...but seems it was too late byt the time..
Seems he lost all his reputation due to some fingertip bad deals etc losing his earned name on forums... since then he has vanished or say went underground...He might have ran into some identity crisis...
May be he is still among us with a new alias/identity but in limited mode.

Btw many of you guys dealt with him so have you ever tried contacting on his phone?

Was a mod on Erodov a long time ago. Sad to hear that it may be gone forever. It was a good site initially, but I think over the last few years it had become a purely buy/sell forum. We used to run a whole lot of contests and have a lot of reviews and stuff. Met a number of time for OC challenges and LN2 OC'ing. It was fun while it lasted.

There was a time when sharing knowledge and correcting others on Internet :) was the in thing. Now people have mostly lost interest or are too lazy to write.

Hence most forums have either closed down or are running with low daily post count. TE, Team-Bhp, Dreamdth, HifiVision used to get 100 or more posts daily but now it is much less in number. Old members are now less active.

Erodov was reduced to sell/buy forum with hardly any tech post or worthy discussion.

There was a time when sharing knowledge and correcting others on Internet :) was the in thing. Now people have mostly lost interest or are too lazy to write.

Hence most forums have either closed down or are running with low daily post count. TE, Team-Bhp, Dreamdth, HifiVision used to get 100 or more posts daily but now it is much less in number. Old members are now less active.

Erodov was reduced to sell/buy forum with hardly any tech post or worthy discussion.
TBH erodov offered some great deals and even better than TE but their tech discussions was shit with zero replies.
TE is way to much alive but again whatsapp groups killed it all. Add more to that guys moving to dedicated blogs for writing reviews and then into insta and even fb pages.....
These are the major reason why most forums are on the verge of suicides!!
I have accounts on some min 70+ forums but when I accidentally happen to login on few of them are either down or had closed down.

Last edited:
It's mainly because of reddit, even the older forums like head-fi are almost dead thanks to r/headphones.
No one bothers with individual forums anymore because you can find everything under one roof.
I was looking for a Phanteks case last year and one of the importers directly contacted me when I posted a query r/IndianGaming, I had the case on my desk the very next day.
Post automatically merged:

I"m curious to know more about him... What was his real name and his location?
Is todphod as well long gone?

Both those guys stopped selling almost a decade ago.

Back