Does any one know what happened to Erodov ?

File a Fraud case on that poop face owner Karan misra
KiD0M4N)/Vijay Ninel.

Easy to set things right.

I wonder how people make deals without the opposite person's contact number or Email id? :rolleyes:

I dont think anyone deals without knowing the opposite person's contact number. Irrespective of that, he is one pathetic admin i've ever dealt with lol.

P.S Good to know the forum is coming back.

Insightful thread. Yes, unfortunately the forums have not kept up with the usage trend over the years. They have relied solely on the human desire to form closed niche communities. Over last two decades the only thing that has changed is the underlying technology to build a forum software. On the surface it is still the same. There has been no thought to the consumption patterns and channels (like mobile). Sad part is, they (forum software companies) still don't acknowledge that it is a problem. So naturally all forums are dying.

Add to that the fact that we have moved away from building a PC (which was the mainstay of most tech forums in India) to compact computing devices which hardly bubble up any enthusiastic discussions. We don't read up reviews of motherboards, Linux operating systems, guides on overclocking or building an A/V system. While some of us might still be there, the world largely has moved on. The forums and discussions have not. Again primarily coz the software does not address the evolved consumption patterns and channels and does not appeal to this new audience.

It's sad to see people making their last declaration posts that they are leaving for good, but it's understandable. When you really run into life, its hard to find time to open a website and participate actively. You have to keep leaving things behind that are not adding as much value. I know I have not been as active as I would like.

We had tried a few things over the years but they were either opposed by the community or they were just limited to moving around to different forum softwares. The end result would naturally be the same. We didn't move anywhere.

You have to keep running to stay at the same place.

Just upgrading the forum software is not going to help Erodov at all, as it has not helped us at all. I hope what they are coming back with, is as big, as the downtime that they have taken.

Having burnt my fingers with the chopping and changing, I am afraid of making any changes and stirring the pot anymore. So the last time I had a plan to evolve, I put it to rest. I still have something in my mind but this time I would execute it without changing anything on TechEnclave. I would of course need help from you all to participate in that change and give your active feedback to evolve it. I hope to put something in front of you all in a couple of months. Maybe before that, would put up a subscription page or a Discourse channel so that interested members can be actively updated on the progress.

PS: I started typing, thinking I would drop in my two cents in two lines :wacky:

Add to that the fact that we have moved away from building a PC (which was the mainstay of most tech forums in India) to compact computing devices which hardly bubble up any enthusiastic discussions. We don't read up reviews of motherboards, Linux operating systems, guides on overclocking or building an A/V system. While some of us might still be there, the world largely has moved on. The forums and discussions have not. Again primarily coz the software does not address the evolved consumption patterns and channels and does not appeal to this new audience.

It stems more from young people not showing interest in such things now since they are more bothered with mobile apps, games and social media sites like Reddit, FB, Insta, TikTok, YouTube, Discord etc. The two or three people that show up here are the outliers who are genuinely interested in this field. People will naturally stop visiting forums when they marry and have kids since it will take up a lot of time from them. Probably we are the last generation to keep such forums still alive for now. I thank such people for still visiting and having discussions on TE even now in such times.

Probably we are the last generation to keep such forums still alive for now. I thank such people for still visiting and having discussions on TE even now in such times.

Sad but true.
it not only the people - Google and Facebook are the actual reason to change peoples behaviour and death of forums, blogs, and many other things dying are because of their plan. these platform dont have financials to keep servers up.

Computers used to be the primary computing devices, not its entirely moved to mobiles...
If talking to India.. over 80% of the internet user never ever used a PC in their lifetime, Jio is their first window to the internet. and for them internet mean facebook, youtube & tiktok.
Many don't even consider they need internet for whats app. they think its just an update of SMS.

If anyone has observed or not, People have started abandoning Tech forums and prefer Reddit/Official forums.
Yeah I noticed your post on the last page and that was the most insightful takeaway for me from this thread. People moving to platforms which allow discussions on various topics is one of the changes in the consumption pattern. Less (platforms) is more.

I dont know about all but i still depend on help from forums like TE to get help if i come across any problems.New mobile generation probably dont know the struggle we used to do to solve a basic computer problem.Also there is less interest about forums in new generation.

For me, Tapatalk has been god sent. Ever since I bought my first smartphone I have only used Tapatalk to browse forums. Though the current mobile themes for both TE and Team-BHP are very good, one just can't beat Tapatalk for the ease of use and the layout options it offers to browse forums.
The Team-BHP app is also very difficult to use, but I am just used to using the Timeline, Participated etc tabs to browse and switch to chrome to make a post. For some reason, unlike TE, the Team-BHP website doesn't list the same threads when you click 'New Posts' as it does in the Timeline view in the app.

Back