Does any one know what happened to Erodov ?

If someone knows this idiota named Devfatality from erodov, in 2k18 I struck a deal with him which he cancelled at the very end moment stating very immature kiddish reason. It was a laptop deal. Due to his assurance I already said no to few offers here & there and in the end this idiot ditched and I lost it all. He was going to hand-ship laptop from Delhi to Mumbai via some relative and I extended my Mumbai stay by good 3 days ditching my office.:mad:

The corona pandemic did one good thing for me, took a much needed break from medicine related forums and got back here....so many fond memories of the childish Mac Vs PC , ios vs android debates...those were never really wasted times...

Last edited:
Having burnt my fingers with the chopping and changing, I am afraid of making any changes and stirring the pot anymore. So the last time I had a plan to evolve, I put it to rest. I still have something in my mind but this time I would execute it without changing anything on TechEnclave. I would of course need help from you all to participate in that change and give your active feedback to evolve it. I hope to put something in front of you all in a couple of months. Maybe before that, would put up a subscription page or a Discourse channel so that interested members can be actively updated on the progress.
Have put up a post in continuation to my earlier post here - Hello Xello.

The way he behaved was disgusting. He made infuriating comments and insulted several senior members back then. Banning them for days and for quite silly reasons too.. God what a friggin Moron he was
"Days"? Please. I was banned permanently lol.
Wow.. long time.. really I sometimes used to login to see what's going on there... suddenly found [E] is out.. and to figure out what's going on.. came back here.. lol.. Good old 2007-2008 days !!

How funny.. we used to refer each forum like [E] or [TE].. seems not to worry anymore as there is no [E]
Wow hi! Long time no see.

He is MOD for the market section of erodov forum. I think so his name is John.
Johnjoyjoe something yeah? I remember him. I also still remember the time he was made a mod. It baffled me as to how a rookie member was made a mod. I've dealt with him so I'm honestly not surprised by what you said.
I wonder if he's here reading all these using an alt account lol. Hi John if you see this. Still on your ego trip?

Last edited:
Insightful thread. Yes, unfortunately the forums have not kept up with the usage trend over the years. They have relied solely on the human desire to form closed niche communities. Over last two decades the only thing that has changed is the underlying technology to build a forum software. On the surface it is still the same. There has been no thought to the consumption patterns and channels (like mobile). Sad part is, they (forum software companies) still don't acknowledge that it is a problem. So naturally all forums are dying.

Add to that the fact that we have moved away from building a PC (which was the mainstay of most tech forums in India) to compact computing devices which hardly bubble up any enthusiastic discussions. We don't read up reviews of motherboards, Linux operating systems, guides on overclocking or building an A/V system. While some of us might still be there, the world largely has moved on. The forums and discussions have not. Again primarily coz the software does not address the evolved consumption patterns and channels and does not appeal to this new audience.

It's sad to see people making their last declaration posts that they are leaving for good, but it's understandable. When you really run into life, its hard to find time to open a website and participate actively. You have to keep leaving things behind that are not adding as much value. I know I have not been as active as I would like.

We had tried a few things over the years but they were either opposed by the community or they were just limited to moving around to different forum softwares. The end result would naturally be the same. We didn't move anywhere.

You have to keep running to stay at the same place.

Just upgrading the forum software is not going to help Erodov at all, as it has not helped us at all. I hope what they are coming back with, is as big, as the downtime that they have taken.

Having burnt my fingers with the chopping and changing, I am afraid of making any changes and stirring the pot anymore. So the last time I had a plan to evolve, I put it to rest. I still have something in my mind but this time I would execute it without changing anything on TechEnclave. I would of course need help from you all to participate in that change and give your active feedback to evolve it. I hope to put something in front of you all in a couple of months. Maybe before that, would put up a subscription page or a Discourse channel so that interested members can be actively updated on the progress.

PS: I started typing, thinking I would drop in my two cents in two lines :wacky:

I missed this post somehow, glad that @6pack s post helped me find it and read it. I have been here for long understand what you are saying. If there's anything I can do, I will do. Honest opinions included. And something new, absolutely game to try.

I have been a semi successful serial entrepreneur, so I know what you mean.

Eagerly waiting.

"Days"? Please. I was banned permanently lol.

Wow hi! Long time no see.

Johnjoyjoe something yeah? I remember him. I also still remember the time he was made a mod. It baffled me as to how a rookie member was made a mod. I've dealt with him so I'm honestly not surprised by what you said.
I wonder if he's here reading all these using an alt account lol. Hi John if you see this. Still on your ego trip?
Yes.. me too. Banned me after I exposed his duplicity over a bad deal on Erodov with a member who turned out to have had a record with another id..

Oh it's Johnny Joy Joe them damn! I still remember his status just under the username, it was something like: my eyes are always on you seller, Lol. I personally never faced a problem with him though but surely as lot of you said above the must have been a problem with him.

No forum is there which doesn't indulge in bad practices though, not only Erodov. Look at Digit for example, the trolls from a decade ago are now staff members/ mods there. This forum also. The trolls provoke users, intimidate the admins and get those users banned. My original ID ithehappy is still banned here, yet it was not me who did anything wrong. Someone provoked me and i merely replied. But the troll remained and I'm still banned even after 3 years!

This is just how world is IRL, no wonder tech forums will also be the same.

My original ID ithehappy is still banned here, yet it was not me who did anything wrong. Someone provoked me and i merely replied. But the troll remained and I'm still banned even after 3 years!

I think the following was probably the reason why you were banned. Getting provoked is not an excuse for that outburst, nothing is actually, whether on forums or IRL. I don't want get into the history of that conversation but I will say this, simply ignore the troll and continue your discussion with others. When I run into such situations, I just switch off and do something else to calm me down.

ban.PNG

Now if you want, I can unban that profile and merge your current profile with ithehappy. Let me know.

I think the following was probably the reason why you were banned. Getting provoked is not an excuse for that outburst, nothing is actually, whether on forums or IRL. I don't want get into the history of that conversation but I will say this, simply ignore the troll and continue your discussion with others. When I run into such situations, I just switch off and do something else to calm me down.

View attachment 86962

Now if you want, I can unban that profile and merge your current profile with ithehappy. Let me know.

And this is why TE is one of the most fairly moderated forums around. The mods behave like real people without flexing their authority muscles too much.

I haven't commented on the xello thread yet, but I'm an old fashioned old timer and would prefer a forum structure, in any form, to the utter mess and excrement that is most of social media today.

I joined both TE and E around the same time as i was new to PC Building and looking for some sound advice choosing parts. I was more active on Erodov than TE but i guess the members were common on both forums. I used to post almost regularly for first 3 years but that slowly reduced to just a quick visit to Market section and i was done. The community was no longer active like before and that's probably why the admin decided to hang up the cape for good. I am glad that TE on the other hand has been more active and much more organised. Kudos to the TE Team for keeping the community growing. It feels good to be back on TE after such a long time.

View attachment 86962

Yes, I used abusive language, but in return to what? You should have posted the full conversation instead of selecting out my message! Literally nobody answered to my question and those sore losers were there to just mock me, provoke me. Is derailing a thread fine with this forum's rules? If yes, then fine. I withdraw my objection.

And thanks for your advice, but I am fine. That outburst was absolutely natural human behaviour. Should I have done it? No. I should have ignored them, but you know what even the most calmer ones lose patience at times! I do like to read stories of Gandhi but I am a firm believer of tit for tat, in real life at least. It is always who starts the unjust that matters. I have placed request before you to unban my main profile several times, further requests would just have made it begging, which I never do.

PS: Just to be clear, unless that is the 'is it safe to buy iphone from paytm' thread, then that's not when I was banned. I quite distinctly remember I was banned after that thread only, but I could be wrong, but chances are low.

Last edited:
Yes, I used abusive language, but in return to what? You should have posted the full conversation instead of selecting out my message! Literally nobody answered to my question and those sore losers were there to just mock me, provoke me. Is derailing a thread fine with this forum's rules? If yes, then fine. I withdraw my objection.

And thanks for your advice, but I am fine. That outburst was absolutely natural human behaviour. Should I have done it? No. I should have ignored them, but you know what even the most calmer ones lose patience at times! I do like to read stories of Gandhi but I am a firm believer of tit for tat, in real life at least. It is always who starts the unjust that matters. I have placed request before you to unban my main profile several times, further requests would just have made it begging, which I never do.

PS: Just to be clear, unless that is the 'is it safe to buy iphone from paytm' thread, then that's not when I was banned. I quite distinctly remember I was banned after that thread only, but I could be wrong, but chances are low.

Buddy, nothing personal, heck i don't even know you, but if you haven't got it yet, you never will...

Probably best to leave this chapter behind. And move on.

@jujuburi , mate, @Renegade made you a nice offer. I would say you should take it and thank him and move on. It was in the past, people are vouching for you. That is more than what most can say. And listen to what @Julian is saying.

Say yes to Happy Endings!
Bruh it was like 3 years ago, obviously I have already moved on. I only care because this is the only forum where i have to use a separate id, i never used anything other than my main profile ithehappy in any forum.

I only bring it up when i see threads like this, moderators doing unjust things and then trying to justify it. A permanent ban for that? I mean they were kidding right! Also if i were banned so should have been those trolls, but obviously manipulation works wonders.

Thanks for all the advice, but like I said, I'm fine. It's easy to advice other people, but most don't take their own advice when they fall victim themselves. But yes, in general, that's a good advice, ignore and move on part, which I now strictly follow anyway.

PS: on a more important note, has anyone found a worthy replacment of erodov yet? That site was my main go to for selling tech products, now i have to indulge myself with the low lives on olx. I know about some Facebook groups but I've been told to stay away from those. And eBay is no more too. Erodov was so convenient as a selling platform :( If anyone knows please let me know.

Last edited:
Bruh it was like 3 years ago, obviously I have already moved on. I only care because this is the only forum where i have to use a separate id, i never used anything other than my main profile ithehappy in any forum.

I only bring it up when i see threads like this, moderators doing unjust things and then trying to justify it. A permanent ban for that? I mean they were kidding right! Also if i were banned so should have been those trolls, but obviously manipulation works wonders.

Thanks for all the advice, but like I said, I'm fine. It's easy to advice other people, but most don't take their own advice when they fall victim themselves. But yes, in general, that's a good advice, ignore and move on part, which I now strictly follow anyway.

PS: on a more important note, has anyone found a worthy replacment of erodov yet? That site was my main go to for selling tech products, now i have to indulge myself with the low lives on olx. I know about some Facebook groups but I've been told to stay away from those. And eBay is no more too. Erodov was so convenient as a selling platform :( If anyone knows please let me know.

What's the problem selling on TE?

Insightful thread. Yes, unfortunately the forums have not kept up with the usage trend over the years. They have relied solely on the human desire to form closed niche communities. Over last two decades the only thing that has changed is the underlying technology to build a forum software. On the surface it is still the same. There has been no thought to the consumption patterns and channels (like mobile). Sad part is, they (forum software companies) still don't acknowledge that it is a problem. So naturally all forums are dying.

Add to that the fact that we have moved away from building a PC (which was the mainstay of most tech forums in India) to compact computing devices which hardly bubble up any enthusiastic discussions. We don't read up reviews of motherboards, Linux operating systems, guides on overclocking or building an A/V system. While some of us might still be there, the world largely has moved on. The forums and discussions have not. Again primarily coz the software does not address the evolved consumption patterns and channels and does not appeal to this new audience.

It's sad to see people making their last declaration posts that they are leaving for good, but it's understandable. When you really run into life, its hard to find time to open a website and participate actively. You have to keep leaving things behind that are not adding as much value. I know I have not been as active as I would like.

We had tried a few things over the years but they were either opposed by the community or they were just limited to moving around to different forum softwares. The end result would naturally be the same. We didn't move anywhere.

You have to keep running to stay at the same place.

Just upgrading the forum software is not going to help Erodov at all, as it has not helped us at all. I hope what they are coming back with, is as big, as the downtime that they have taken.

PS: I started typing, thinking I would drop in my two cents in two lines :wacky:

Pretty much agree with everything here. Brought about a lot of nostalgia after nearly a decade of being away from forums. Unfortunately, I never managed to engage on a forum once a bunch of us left E at the behest of the Super Mod with a God complex, who was not even a founder. The two original founders were pretty chill peeps I managed to be friends with in that era, and those were some really good memories. Seems like a lifetime ago, and in fact, it indeed is a lifetime ago.

I'm actually surprised Erodov was still up for so long, for me it stopped being fun 8-9 years back. VN drove away people with whom I used to have fun conversing with, even going through this thread I see a lot of usernames I recognise.

We had a great time for a short while.

Really echo every word you said here, Super. It has been, what, five years since we last connected on Facebook?

I was, again, from that same era as @Superfrag and @Scorpy, having joined E in 2008 and had a fun year and a half, maybe two or even three.

I only discovered E is down today when I accidentally clicked on a bookmark in my old browser. It's been a decade since I have been active on any forums.

I tried shifting to TE in 2009 in the midst of an exodus of senior members of E back then, but I now realize that I had moved on from the idea of forums back in 2011 itself - sometimes a single harrowing experience makes you wrongfully judge the entire category of platforms. My time at E was full of experiences, and except for the very end, many of those experiences represented the best that forums could offer. We used to have regular meets offline, and I remember meeting TE members too at a couple of meets way back in 2008 and 2009.

It is indeed a sad state of affairs for forums worldwide now. What @Renegade captures in his post is reminiscent of the future of forums - it really is bleak. Sometimes archaic ways of engagement need an upgrade, and I remember being full of ideas back in 2010 to evolve the forum experience but nearly everything was shot down in order to preserve the forum's extant way of functioning. I am sure I was not the only one.

Either way, discovering that E is no more, made me go down a nostalgia trip. It was really fun when I started it at age 16 and was perhaps an intensely engaging activity just as I was leaving my teenage back in 2011. And it introduced me to some very interesting people over the years, some of whom helped me build a career and others were helpful merely as yardsticks that I learned from indirectly. Perhaps that is reason enough for forums to continue. Because these kinds of personalized connections aren't entirely possible in conventional social media, where increasingly, you don't necessarily connect with friends online first before meeting them. In today's times, connecting with people online before meeting them offline purely because you share common interests may be dubbed inappropriate. On forums, that was the primary mode of engagement aside from posting online, of course.

Typed a bit much, but it was a really memorable trip down the memory lane. Will try to be active here even if it takes some time to get back in the groove - I am, of course, in a similar boat as I was back in 2008/2009: was about to attend university this year before COVID made me defer by at least a year, about to build a new rig, got back to gaming heavily due to the lockdown. Maybe the best time to get back to forums indeed, and maybe TE remains the best bet!

Hope to be around more frequently. Hope this post ages well. :)

What's the problem selling on TE?
No problem. But nobody really used this platform to sell stuffs when E was around. So the reputation of sellers were built on E only. Nobody will purchase from sellers who have not had positive feedback from earlier sell now would they?

I had so many PMs on Erodov, containing phone nos. of many sellers/ buyers, never thought that the place would shut down, so never bothered to save the nos. All gone :(

... reputation of sellers were built on E only ...
in my experience, sellers main purpose is to sell (whether it is online or offline)
for online, they use as many platforms as possible to sell (get rid of owned items)

No problem. But nobody really used this platform to sell stuffs when E was around. So the reputation of sellers were built on E only. Nobody will purchase from sellers who have not had positive feedback from earlier sell now would they?

I had so many PMs on Erodov, containing phone nos. of many sellers/ buyers, never thought that the place would shut down, so never bothered to save the nos. All gone :(

OK. Makes sense. I bought so many things from Katmandude.

Back