Does Anyone Know ?

Hmm, I've heard the term Fractal Image Encoding before, I think it's got something to do with slicing images and then linking the different parts to pages or something like that.

You might have missed this :

Fractal Forge was born the day I had to print several fractal images and some simple posters with an Epson Stylus color printer. Back then, I realized there was no true color fractal generator for MS-Windows in the shareware market, so I decided to program one myself. I called it UbiMandel (after my name), and I wrote it in Visual Basic 3. I did not optimize the first version's algorithm because I didn't need to. Once I bought Delphi, I wondered what * simple program I could do, so I began to code True Mandel, another fractal program. I started it in May 1995 and finished it next October. I released it on the Internet as True Mandel 1.0 (trmand10.zip), which stands for True Color Mandelbrot Set Generator. Later, I decided to migrate to the win32-bit world (NT and 95-98) using Delphi 2. Soon, there were two shareware versions: 1.5 and 1.6. In 1999, I completely rewrote TrueMandel in Delphi 4, and changed its name to Fractal Forge because there are several programs with similar names already available. Your feedback was most appreciated... I received dozens of letters, both email and on paper. Keep writing to me, and I will keep developing this program.

Since version 2.4 I decided to make Fractal Forge open source, so I published it to: http://sourceforge.net/projects/fractalforge. I have less and less time to improve Fractal Forge so I hope someone else can continue its growing. I need better documentation and porting it to Linux with Kylix.

Check > http://www.fractovia.org/uberto/history.html

A fractal is an image which stays the same at any level. Let me explain with an example

Take a mountain. Look at the general shape. Now imagine that you're looking at a hill on that mountain..and that has the same shape too. Now look at a boulder on the hill..and imagine that it has the same shape. You keep going downwards - and all things have the same basic shape

Sounds crazy? Here's a better example

Take a graph of the stock market over the last 100 years. Now, take a graph of the stock market over the last 10 years. You would see that they are mostly similar.

Fractals are easy to generate using computer programs - Mandelbrot and Julia fractals are the most famous. Fractals also play a part in chaos theory- as those who've read Jurassic Park would know
- Sriram Krishnan

Back