CPU/Mobo Does Barcelona / Phenom Really Help AMD??

evox said:
Seriously, Why? there's one thing supporting a company, but there's another thing buying something which gives bad VFM. Unless you get Sempron, all the similar priced C2D/PDC processors are a better choice.
AMD and bad VFM? Seriously, wake up!

evox said:
That was just uncalledfor.
Expect me to apologize?

Yamaraj said:
AMD and bad VFM? Seriously, wake up!

Firstly, I suggest you calm down. That BioChoke thing was directed as a Joke and wasn't meant to be taken so seriously. I find it quite amusing that you're getting so worked over a computer brand. What does AMD/Intel/nVIDIA/ASUS or any other company do for us? they don't pay our bills, feed our families or generate oxygen; they make products, products which we buy from our own money. right now, Intel and nVidia are dominating the market and I'm support them. tomorrow, it'll be AMD/ATI and I'll be vouching for them. we're consumers, we're not whores for AMD/Intel/BrandX they don't pay us, we pay them. If brand X doesn't have a good product, I'll go with Brand Y and support them. right now, none of AMD's products can be compared to Intel In-terms of performance. you'll notice that I'm saying they can't be compared to Intel performance wise. I didn't call them Underpowered or poor. their performance is just not up to the mark when compared to Intel. when you said you were going to buy AMD, I assumed you planned to spend 5-6k on the processor. at that price point, it makes far more sense to get something the lines of E4300/E4400 than AMD X2 5000+ or anything similar. ofcourse If you go lower, AMD X2 3800/4000/4200+ are far better than Intel's Pentium 4 Dual Core Processors or Celerons. It really depends on the kind of performance one desires, yes you're spot on when you say not everyone is into Overclocking or gaming but a little extra performance never hurts, especially if you're getting it without any extra overclocking/tweaking/modding.

Expect me to apologize?

Not really. But I do expect that you show Little less attitude (and develop a sense of humor). It's great that you can work an argument with proper words and solid facts, but coating arrogance with it isn't really what anyone would tolerate.

evox said:
their performance is just not up to the mark when compared to Intel. when you said you were going to buy AMD, I assumed you planned to spend 5-6k on the processor. at that price point, it makes far more sense to get something the lines of E4300/E4400 than AMD X2 5000+ or anything similar. ofcourse If you go lower, AMD X2 3800/4000/4200+ are far better than Intel's Pentium 4 Dual Core Processors or Celerons. It really depends on the kind of performance one desires, yes you're spot on when you say not everyone is into Overclocking or gaming but a little extra performance never hurts, especially if you're getting it without any extra overclocking/tweaking/modding.

Actually thats a bit of a misconception atleast for the low-end range extending a bit into the mid-end. In most cases you will find a higher-clocked X2 at the same price point of a particular C2D, which would be on par with that C2D. From my general reading around, i would estimate that an X2 with approx 20~25% higher clock speed should match a C2D. And for absolute stock performance (which quite a lot of folks do mind you), the fact that AMDs have little headroom at the higher clocks for overclocking makes no difference!

When you consider the fact that you're choosing a platform that includes a motherboard as well .. things would drastically seem like more VFM on the AMD side. Decent boards for an AMD start as low as 3k, while similar ones in an Intel will cost a minimum of 5k (probably has to do with the fact that AMD's have most of the northbridge on-die leaving the chipset design less complex). Again these minimal 5k mobos may not necessarily include both onboard graphics as well as moderate overclocking options or things we consider standard like RAID.

Bottomline, when recommending a C2D think about the motherboard cost as well before doing so ;)

Even a 2k more on intel board wont be a big problem...but they dont support onboard video ...there comes the budget point.....need to spend on gfx card2k+more there

what i have experienced is that a onboard gfx is a good idea for budget minded folks even when they have a gfx . acts like a backup in case the main conks off . not everyone has a second video card lying around .

and yeah AMD is more VFM when you consider features per solution for a given price range with approximately similar performance .

C2D is a great OCer , but what about the 3000 rs + that you will spend on a Air cooling solution .

probably evox , you too are correct , when it comes to the 3800 , 4000 x2 they are VFM ,

Any higher , you have better C2Ds floating around .

If you want cheap , go AMD
if you have money , go C2D .

evox said:
That BioChoke thing was directed as a Joke and wasn't meant to be taken so seriously.
I should have said that.

evox said:
blah ...blah ...blah
An essay version of my little arrogant speech.

evox said:
Not really. But I do expect that you show Little less attitude (and develop a sense of humor).
Often do I put on a Tee-shirt that reads "I am what I am".

Coming to pricing, yes intel will cut prices, but how much???? AmD really knows how to knockdown intel in regards to pricing. One rather go for good performance then good oc. Amd is king of cutting prices so we might see price cut as soon as intel releases their chips.

The Sorcerer said:
Coming to pricing, yes intel will cut prices, but how much???? AmD really knows how to knockdown intel in regards to pricing. One rather go for good performance then good oc. Amd is king of cutting prices so we might see price cut as soon as intel releases their chips.

but here the point is what should we buy???intel new penryn will make existing e6550 and e6750 cheaper along with q6600....amds no proccy is upto that mark except i guess 6400+(the last in the series)....that too after oc lot it beats intel...and phenom coming in dec so its better to go for intel stuff in next 3-4 months....

Back