CPU/Mobo Does Intel DG31 motherboard support 2TB hard disk???

sumit410

Disciple
A friend of mine needs to buy a new hard disk and he is considering a 2 TB one from Seagate. But he is not sure wheather intel dg 31 support 2 TB hard disks or not. He enquired on shops, some are saying it will and some are saying it wont. Needs to clear the confusion from you friends. Its urgent..he is going to buy it today. Plz help..thanks :)

I am not sure why it wouldn't support 2TB drives. I had previously used a Gigabyte G31 board with a couple of 2TB drives and they worked just fine.

^ i don't have to go for bios update na, because my mobo is discontinued and their is no support for it either :(

Gannu said:
I am not sure why it wouldn't support 2TB drives. I had previously used a Gigabyte G31 board with a couple of 2TB drives and they worked just fine.

I am using Asus p5kpl am/ps motherboard last month one person came for demo I try to use his 2TB hard disk in my pc but windows 7 hangs (installed in my 500GB hdd) I attempted two times but the same result.I inquired about 2TB support from my local vendor he replied only sandy bridge processor motherboard support 2tb.Is it true where can I find detail about my motherboard's limitation (maximum supported size)

^ That's BS. Either it's a problem with your BIOS or something else. Hell, if my ATOM board with 945 chipset (DG945GCLF2) can work with 2TB drive then I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work on G31 board. If you're having problems then make sure that you've latest BIOS installed for your board as well as latest Intel chipset drivers. But I think it's safe to assume that G31/G33 boards support 2TB drives.

Back