Don't buy Croma extended warranty

pratikb

Skilled
Guys,

Whenever you purchase stuff from Croma,dont fall for their extended warranty claims.

Its pure BS

I bought extended warranties for my nokia mobile and brother printer.

This company has only one service center for entire Maharashtra and its in some obscure place in pune.

Now how can one service center in entire pune for entire Maharashtra, handle load of customers?

Their turnaround time is 15 days minimum as per the store incharge.

I obviously did not go as its not worth time and efforts to go to pune for servicing.

Same for mobile servicing.

Its same story.one center in pune.three in Mumbai.all at far flung places and not at all convincing to buy their extended warranty.

Dont waste your hard earned money on Croma extended warranty.

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX™ 4G on Aircel

I never bought anything till from croma becuase i find their prices very high and secondly this warranty extenison is just a another way to sell stuff nothing much of use for person who bought it

This is nothing. My friend had gone to Croma, Sion to buy a phone and he got pathetic service. Now, he is equal to VP level at a PSU; this was a rude shock to him. Also, the f***ing idiots said GSM Arena is a useless site, it has its info wrong. They were trying to make him buy the Samsung Ace, rather than the Defy, saying that piece is not available and all, will take some time to come.

Finally he got a Nokia X7 from Nokia Store, has vowed never to enter Croma again.

Another friend got a display piece from Croma~He bought an LCD TV. Took them to task, got an upgrade+discount.

Croma here in Mumbai is overpriced too.

I also have decided for fact that absolutely no Croma purchase .

All this purchases of mine were 3 yrs ago.

That time online shopping was not so prevalent.

Now onwards,as much as online shopping as possible.

I dont understand how can they have just one center for entire Maharashtra.

Its just to show that we have.

Now that second purchase was nokia phone. You won't believe but they say you must not do any software updates.

Otherwise warranty will be over.

The contact no. Provided for service center was always unreachable and which service center will be without landline? ??

Its bu***hit* service from Croma and its honestly not worth to call a tata company.

Its ridiculous.

vivek.krishnan said:
Also, the f***ing idiots said GSM Arena is a useless site, it has its info wrong. They were trying to make him buy the Samsung Ace, rather than the Defy, saying that piece is not available and all, will take some time to come.
Std technique in any shop is to sell you what they have rather than not. You've got to be adamant about what you want as well otherwise they will show you something else.

blr_p said:
Std technique in any shop is to sell you what they have rather than not. You've got to be adamant about what you want as well otherwise they will show you something else.

Well, yes, but not of this level. You go there to buy something, it was there in the shop, but the sales there were adamant on not selling him the item. My friend had already heard of the complaints with the Samsung Ace, plus he did not want to buy it, having already said it to the salesperson. But NO. Buy this, Sir. blah blah blah...

Plus grossly over inflated figures to boot.

Anyways, lets keep this OT stuff away.

Speaking of warranty, for the LCD TV, they say that they will give 3yrs warranty complete. And if the panel dies, you will mostly be getting an inferior panel.

I have extended warranty on my LCD tv. But I sat in Pune. Just to take revenge, will flog them if anything goes wrong.

The only reason I go to Croma is that they have functioning handsets there. I can play around to see if I want to buy. Also, when I want a screen guard on the phone. :p

u guys obviously dont know how to bargain, i buy a lot of stuff of croma, i have bought items worth 5 laks in 2 years for my new home. just go and keep bargaining. on tv i got a 10k disc and on split ac i got a 7k disc. lol. plus sometimes i can extended warranty free like my lg tv. only place croma cannot budge is sony items, other than that u are cool.

@pratikb

Thanks for mentioning about the extended warranty, and starting a thread on it. i googled about it, and found some really interesting sites which have totally ripped apart the "extended warranty" scam. I always assumed that croma is decent, because many from TE buy from them.

Going off topic, I do want to buy a washing machine, and obviously the online stores aren't recommended for buying such bulky items, as replacing would be a pain. Anyways the croma guys told that bosh washing machines are a croma exclusive, i really don't know how true it is, but the max i could bargain was 500 bucks for a m/c that costs 21500. Is that too less?

-Nj

Me and Doc got our respective Samsung panels for a good bargain during last year Diwali. In fact most other retailers were quoting a higher price around the same time.

Then again, other than the TVs I haven't purchased anything else from Croma. :p

xtremevicky said:
For me Chroma is a place where I see gadgets and Flipkart is where I buy them :)

seems prices on HDTV have fallen or good prices on flipkart . maybe time to check the market once again.

Croma is just good for checking out stuff... but one shud never purchase products becuz of their high pricing... "Be logical.. don't go by the brand name."

Got My LG 55LW5700 from chroma. Chaps were nice enough to throw the top of the line LG BD player with network connectivity and 2 years exteneded warranty. Got a disc of abou 10% = ~15k on my purchase. Also got the new model of the TV. Quite satisfied.

dragon_unleashed said:
Croma is just good for checking out stuff... but one shud never purchase products becuz of their high pricing... "Be logical.. don't go by the brand name."

its best to check in such stores and buy from the place u get the cheapest lol

jesal said:
u guys obviously dont know how to bargain, i buy a lot of stuff of croma, i have bought items worth 5 laks in 2 years for my new home. just go and keep bargaining. on tv i got a 10k disc and on split ac i got a 7k disc. lol. plus sometimes i can extended warranty free like my lg tv. only place croma cannot budge is sony items, other than that u are cool.
I also bought after proper bargain.

Where will you get brother all in one with fax, scan copy printer and phone all at 2999?

Back