Door cctv in low amount

6pack

ex-Mod
I'm seeing lot of donation seekers coming every month in our building and don't want to open the door to such people.

I usually see through the peep hole but today when I came late to door by a minute or so I saw a man trying to peep inside the peep hole. possible robber perhaps?

Is there a tiny door cam which has wide angle view in a low amount like less than 1500 rupees with lcd viewer and sdcard support? If its a robber, I could take a copy of sdcard and give to police.

Peeping inside is common. My flat has peeping hole minus the peeping instrument. I inserted an inverted tube where both parties cannot see their sides.
Coming to your point getting a ready-made setup for that amount is doubtful especially with wide angel. The lcd, camera etc setup is costly. Still inquire in local hardware shop nearby.

If not you can try various diy setups. YouTube will be your best bet with components from amazon and ebay.
I think some guy used his old lcd monitor for this purpose which gave him clear pic on a 2 mp camera placed aside his door.

I'm seeing lot of donation seekers coming every month in our building and don't want to open the door to such people.

I usually see through the peep hole but today when I came late to door by a minute or so I saw a man trying to peep inside the peep hole. possible robber perhaps?

Is there a tiny door cam which has wide angle view in a low amount like less than 1500 rupees with lcd viewer and sdcard support? If its a robber, I could take a copy of sdcard and give to police.
https://www.amazon.in/YI-Camera-Wireless-Security-Surveillance/dp/B019MMRV1M/ref=sr_1_1

Install this outside with power source. View on phone using wifi. Not a doorcam but pretty handy

I don't think its worth it.Even when you install camera in the way you want, it doesn't make much sense. Because of a simple reason that is you still have to go to the door physically to take a look at that LCD.But if you still want a camera for your door, I would suggest you to install a CCTV somewhere near your door.This way you can view the footage in real time with NVR/IP CAMS and record it, to use it for your purpose and it would be around your budget.But if you want to go the video doorbell route, I would suggest you to invest in some proper equipment.IMHO for around 10-13k you can get a good doorbell setup with electronic doorlock which can be controlled with a smartphone.And it also gives you the option of two-way communication so you can answer the visitor without opening the door.And you can open the door without moving an inch from couch.Its a great thing to have if you have elderly people at your place.

Back