DOTA 2 - Discussion Thread

Everything has the 3 month trade lock again.

Lvl 50 has

• Fountain Effect I
  • Spinning Rylai's Wheel x 7
  • Loading Screen Treasure
  • Loading Screen Treasure
  • Evolving Courier Style Upgrades 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
  • Teleport Effect I
  • Taunt: Slark - RazorFlip!
  • Taunt: Alchemist - Ogre Hop
  • Taunt: Lion - To Hell and Back!
  • Immortal Treasure I x 4
  • Arcana Vote Power Increase
  • Blink Effect I
  • Emoticon Pack II
  • Evolving Ward Style Upgrade I
  • Weather Effect II

Damn not that trade lock again. How do traders sell their rewards/items (from compendium) now? I really miss the old system and the compendium which had recipes and exp points drops and what not.
Also it appears that many rich people have now crossed 1k-2k levels.

They wait 3 months, like everyone does. Unless you unlock a ultra rare item, compendium is not profitable for trading anymore. There is xp point drop in this one too.

Anyone watching Manila Majors? EG vs VG.R was so ROFL. I thought they were leading early game when VG.R returned the blessings and made a a comeback. It seems like PPD is still traumatized from losing Universe. At this point I can also now say that EG needs Fear back in pos 1.
I was actually waiting for Secret Vs EG and Navi vs Alliance. Damn.

PS: using trackdota. Its like using Radio but gives that awesome feeling.[DOUBLEPOST=1465306965][/DOUBLEPOST]I also couldn't understand the Dark Seer pick. Wouldn't Enigma have made a better choice? Also what about AA in place of Bane? Did AA got nerfed?
I also got to know that LS has become a viable pick again.

AA didn't get nerfed. It's especially good against the str armlet carries which are popular now. The lanes become a bit difficult though, need a more aggressive support to make up for that. AA is very strong against some lineups. Watch the last match of Liquid vs Newbee in Epicenter lan.

Secret will probably go home today, holding hands with EG. How the mighty have fallen.

EG and Secret lol. This is probably the most fun tournament in a long time. ROFL.
/r/dota2 is going full ham haha. Dem trolls and memes.

Still #BleedBlue[DOUBLEPOST=1465371158][/DOUBLEPOST]Chinese meme comic for Manila major day 1.
http://imgur.com/rqAZv0N

Meanwhile Fnatic Vs LGD game 2 UB QF.
Fnatic drafted Medusa and TB against LGD's Alc and Doom.[DOUBLEPOST=1465382717][/DOUBLEPOST]TB finally in a pro game and actually won!! Fnatic won 2-1 LGD.
And Three Asian teams in the UB viz. MVP.P, Fnatic and Newbee.
Currently Liquid and Complexity playing.

Last edited:
Navi beat Alliance!! #TI3FinalRemake
Dendi will always be my favourite player and also the face of Dota 2 just as Pikachu is to Pokemon.[DOUBLEPOST=1465473941][/DOUBLEPOST]Damn. OG rekt MVP 24-0 Game 2.
Navi Vs Liquid. Bets on Liquid.
I want to see a OG vs Liquid Grand Finals. I love Fata and Miracle mid-plays.[DOUBLEPOST=1465485909][/DOUBLEPOST]Fresh news lads.
Universe back to EG and Bulba to Secret.
Zai is also said to have went back to EG as a primary player. Rumour is Aui getting kicked from EG. Another speculation is Fear going to Coach. Zai pos 4. That way Aui doesn't get kicked however I'm still not sure if Aui is the ideal candidate for the Carry position.
PPD the undisputed Master strategist

Last edited:
Yet another winning Naix pick and Riki support from Liquid Vs Fnatic. Fnatic places higher than EG and Secret lol

This invisible delivery mechanism with aoe silence and slow really destroys squishy carries. Need to try it out in some pubs.

OG vs Newbee WB SF matches were teeth clenching. Some highlights.
Batman was picked in all the three matches which was weird. Drafting mistakes?
Game 1: Fly drafted Batman for Moon first match against multiple disables. Moon couldn't get enough farm and ultimately failed.
Meanwhile Naix got picked again (by Newbee, please no silly nerf update in the middle of the Major IceFrog) and went to rekt OG that game.

Game 2: Lesson learned. OG insta-banned Naix followed by Lion and DP- three heroes who were picked by Newbee in Game 1. Newbee didn't ban Miracle's Invoker but instead picked him for Mu. OG picked Bruce Wayne for Moon again, he however didn't do so bad this bad. Notail's Naga carried the game without any death.

Game 3: OG repeated the bans on Naix, DP and Lion which I can understand. What I didn't is why Newbee didn't ban Miracle's Invoker. I guess OG were hoping that Newbee would ban Invoker and played around the draft but when they saw that Newbee didn't, Fly happily gave Miracle his Invoker which is arguably his best hero. Meanwhile Mu's Alchemist got really fat with a Butterfly and Shiva's Guard and Octarine Core. Look at that defensive armour. No one on OG build MKB. Sadly for Newbee Hao's Spectre couldn't keep up with the farm. He also didn't get Radiance but tried to make a Heart and Alchemist couldn't solo-push hard enough (no Manta/Heart).
Meanwhile Kpii's Batrider tried to do the same thing that Moon did in Game 1, just fed a little harder (0-10-10 Vs Moon's 0-6-6). :p

Also one important thing which took place in the drafts was the ban of Io (Wisp) in all three games.

OG in the Grand Finals wheeheee!!
But I have a feeling that they may kick Moon if they lose at the cost of a direct TI qualifier ticket. EG and Secret also did it anyways.

On the other hand Liquid will have a tough time against two Chinese powerhouses LGD and Newbee back to back (if they beat LGD) in the Losers Bracket.

Last edited:
Liquid breezed past through LGD without dropping a game.

Some highlights: Yet another winning Naix Lifestealer pick, this time from Liquid. (LS will be NERFED next patch guys, I'm calling it now. The blue frog nerfed my BH, Jug, Tide, Void in earlier patches after owning in pro tournies.) Liquid Jerax's Disruptor in Game 2 who went 11-3-24. Fat disruptor is fat! Agressif's underwhelming performance on the Carry role. Maybe's strength on Timbersaw mid and carrying his team 1v9 but sadly couldn't.

Next matchup against Newbee may/will be much tougher for Liquid.[DOUBLEPOST=1465710056][/DOUBLEPOST]Liquid beats Newbee 2-1.

That Game 3 nearly gave me a heart attack darnit!
Hao's Sven did great early game then mistakes were made and Liquid exploited them. Liquid guys are undoubtedly the best team players.

OG Vs Liquid Grand Finals Bo5. Will be awesome if I could watch on video. :(
Thankfully though we have the awesome Trackdota.[DOUBLEPOST=1465722656][/DOUBLEPOST]OG vs Liquid Grand Finals.

Some highlights of Game 1. Miracle's Lifestealer. This is the kind of draft which I cannot understand. Notail fed hard with Alchemist. The fact that Moon being a Tier 2 offlaner didn't help. Fly and Crit could only watch as their team got shredded by FATA's Timbersaw Goblin Shredder and Matumbaman's Ursa. OG really shouldn't have risked that game. Liquid specializes on punishing such silly mistakes.[DOUBLEPOST=1465730613][/DOUBLEPOST]Holy crap. Liquid 1- 2 OG. lol.
Game 4 draft going now.[DOUBLEPOST=1465733698][/DOUBLEPOST]And OG won. Oh boy. Two Valve events winner. Also thanks Hitbox.

Last edited:
This will be the first TI that might not see the defending champion participate. Also this might be where Dendi and maybe Chuan overtakes Puppey in number of TIs attended.

Immortal II released, the Windranger and Morphling items are quite good. Invoker set is awesome but it's ultra rare, will cost an arm and a leg.

Played some doto matches after a really really long time. Lost many of them online queue but won a few local pubs. :D
One match worth mentioning was where I last picked an Omni to counter all the physical damage-based heroes but we still lost haha. It was a support Omni and carries couldn't do shit and many failed initiations by us. If the drafts were by pro team damn we would've rekt the opponents. They had a Medusa BTW. Pubs will be pubs I guess.

Last edited:
Omni is not a good counter for physical dps, quite the opposite in fact. People pick physical dps to counter omni. If there are too many dps carries axe bristle dk are decent. For support, Wyvern is very good against physical dps.

Omni is not a good counter for physical dps, quite the opposite in fact. People pick physical dps to counter omni. If there are too many dps carries axe bristle dk are decent. For support, Wyvern is very good against physical dps.
Actually it is. If they don't buy diffusal blade that is.[DOUBLEPOST=1467630215][/DOUBLEPOST]
Invoker utra rare set going for 6.5k
what set? pics please?

Last edited:
Back