DOTA 2 - Discussion Thread

Best start heroes i would suggest are

1.) Ursa , right click madness
2.) rikki
3.) viper
4.) drow
5.) axe

these are just few. but wait till Valve implements the "Guide" and "Tutorial" sections , this will greatly help the new players learn the basics. I have around 400 games , still trying to figure out the item/spell/hero interactions. This makes it much fun to play ,as each time there is new things to learn. Yesterday even LD and Winter had doubts on certain spells .

For new players i would suggest some heroes like -
Sven
Panda
Blood Seeker
viper
Skeleton king, etc.

These are relatively easy to play with and you can get kills quite easily.
But yes as the game progresses, the effectiveness of the hero will depend on the type of item build you have, so learn with every game you play.

Are you serious? I'd advice anybody new to the game to NOT pick any of these three.
Try strength heroes or heroes who have 2 or more passives.
The thing is i have seen ranged heroes to be easier to adapt to and makes life a lost easy when trying out a moba.

Sniper has 2 passive and a pretty gud ulti and the awesome range means u can pretty much stay out of harms way and still dish out. He is an awesome starter.

Drow also 2 passive and a nice slow which is bound to get u kills. The silence however might be an issue. But her ulti makes sure she has some kinda power lategame even if underfarmed.

Windrunner doesnt have any passives but the kit has a stun and escape and a farming ability. This definitely makes it easier to learn the game.

A melee hero will get terribly outlaned and strength heroes, in my opinion, requires a bit more understanding of the game to start off with.

Instead of taking the sniper/drow option, I think its better to start with tank melee heros like skele or axe. It will give to better practice at timing/last hits/positioning. Surely this is better in the long term. And after a couple of levels axe can easily farm neutrals as well.

I used to play dota extensively, I hope this still holds true and dota2 is similar :bleh:

PS: Is tinker still as crazy in dota2?
Boots of travel, guinsoo and late game mkb made him my favourite :D

Nvm, figured it out. If anybody else done the same or wants to return to defaults for some reason, just ask. Afaik there is no way to do it in-game.

The thing is i have seen ranged heroes to be easier to adapt to and makes life a lost easy when trying out a moba.

Sniper has 2 passive and a pretty gud ulti and the awesome range means u can pretty much stay out of harms way and still dish out. He is an awesome starter.

Drow also 2 passive and a nice slow which is bound to get u kills. The silence however might be an issue. But her ulti makes sure she has some kinda power lategame even if underfarmed.

Windrunner doesnt have any passives but the kit has a stun and escape and a farming ability. This definitely makes it easier to learn the game.

A melee hero will get terribly outlaned and strength heroes, in my opinion, requires a bit more understanding of the game to start off with.

A new player WILL get ganked, and both Sniper and Drow have no escape mechanism. Both of them also need some farm to be effective (Drow less so, but yeah). Nothing worse for a new player than playing a stationary Sniper / Drow and getting hooked by Pudge 20 times. Once you get past the complete newbie phase and into the intermediate level, they're very easy to play though.

Windrunner has some sort of escape mechanism, but it's still ineffective against stuns and nukes. Her shackle shot can also be difficult to pull off, especially when playing against more experienced players.

New players should not be playing carries IMO. The team will suffer.

Where did you install it from? You must have installed the view only client. Add me on steam and I will send you a beta invite. Steam id : Kimota

Back