DOTA 2 - Discussion Thread

saw when I came online today. Didn't like it.
that level 2k courier is cool though. :D
BTW heard Io will get an Arcana is it really true? its hilarious. if yes people probably voted for Io just for fun. can't wait to see it. haha

Lot of changes indeed. The level 25 super ultimates are very interesting. Everybody gets more xp and money. The map is huge though. I am getting lost in the jungle :banghead:

The new skybox looks good.
D0AF543DCD9F6704FC007AC25E17F941D2BFAC0F

Last edited:
Yesterday was such an amazing day. First DOTA 2 7.0, then GTA Import/Export DLC and finally Overwatch Holiday event!! :D Will be a very busy weekend. Seems like Steam sale will also begin by then.

This game feels so alien now, everyone picks Monkey King and sits in lane disguised as a tree. For the entirety of the game. And all the noobs who had left to other games are suddenly back feeding everywhere. Its easy MMR if you try hard but it just i'snt fun anymore.

This game feels so alien now, everyone picks Monkey King and sits in lane disguised as a tree. For the entirety of the game. And all the noobs who had left to other games are suddenly back feeding everywhere. Its easy MMR if you try hard but it just i'snt fun anymore.
lol I played my first game with him today and for a first time player I was owning hahaha. I demo'd the hero a few times trying to see how his skills work.
To my understanding he needs a BKB real bad if the enemy has a disable or two.
I went Boots>Aquila>Phaseboots>Echo sabre>Shadow blade>BKB>Abyssa blade. I feel Deso will be a great item on him with Echo sabre.
As for his skills I maxed his first skill and his crit/lifesteal abilities. Didn't get the tree-leap skill till a few levels after. Apologies I don't remember any of his skills lol. Sadly though it was unranked. Played ranked next with another hero, Morph and we were owned. I should spam mid hero again. Its too difficult dual-laning as a carry hero if you don't have good teammates who know how to play.

Anyway, you guys playing Dark Moon event? If you know the strat let's party. I couldn't cross round 8 aka Tidehunter/Kunkka round. Too many ulti spam.
What heroes are viable?
I've seen Sniper, Medusa, Dark Seer, WW, Pitlord and also Techies twice. I'm a bad DS player. Medusa is fun here.

lol I played my first game with him today and for a first time player I was owning hahaha. I demo'd the hero a few times trying to see how his skills work.
To my understanding he needs a BKB real bad if the enemy has a disable or two.
I went Boots>Aquila>Phaseboots>Echo sabre>Shadow blade>BKB>Abyssa blade. I feel Deso will be a great item on him with Echo sabre.
As for his skills I maxed his first skill and his crit/lifesteal abilities. Didn't get the tree-leap skill till a few levels after. Apologies I don't remember any of his skills lol. Sadly though it was unranked. Played ranked next with another hero, Morph and we were owned. I should spam mid hero again. Its too difficult dual-laning as a carry hero if you don't have good teammates who know how to play.

Anyway, you guys playing Dark Moon event? If you know the strat let's party. I couldn't cross round 8 aka Tidehunter/Kunkka round. Too many ulti spam.
What heroes are viable?
I've seen Sniper, Medusa, Dark Seer, WW, Pitlord and also Techies twice. I'm a bad DS player. Medusa is fun here.

PA / Pitlord / Medusa / Disruptor / Techies

You cannot win without techies

PA / Pitlord / Medusa / Disruptor / Techies

You cannot win without techies
You mean a GOOD techies lol.
They fixed the techies helm exploit. People are having more success with more conventional heroes now.
yep looks like it.
Looking at the Dark Moon Leaderboards on Dota Buff the most viable choice of heroes are Sniper, PA and Medusa. Tiny/Disruptor/Pitlord seem to be a personal choice.
BTW Satanic doesn't stack with Deso does it? What if Satanic+Deso? I don't think Skadi+Satanic stacks.
I don't understand UAM's anymore.
Anyway at what time do you guys play? I'll be online today when I can. Can't give definitive timing.

Last edited:
No satanic and deso are still orb effects and do not stack. Skadi however, is no longer an orb effect since 7.00 and fully stacks with deso or lifesteal.

TI7 Battlepass is out, anyone got it? Got a golden naix immortal from a chest, very unusual with my luck :p
Want to. But no PC/net so I'm not sure if it will be worth it for me. FeelsSadMan
I mean I gotta grind for points...

Back