Doubts about new rig

del_x

Disciple
Heya,
I am in the process of building a new system for my personal use and after a lot of research have zeroed in on the config below, i have a few doubts and hence would like to have your expert comments clear them out.

*Budget and all the components that fall within said budget.
30 - 35K
Exclude HDD and Speakers

*Primary Use of said computer.
Medium gaming, A/V encoding, and the usual stuff one does on a comp.

*Current setup.
Athlon 2800+
Asus K8N
2 GB DDR 800 RAM
512 Mb Palit GeForce 7300 GT
500 + 160 Gb Seagate HDD's
Samsung 19' LCD
Creative 2.1 Speakers

I do not intend to use any of the components from the old rig, now to the new rig,
AMD Phenom II X2 555 BE
DFI LANPARTY BI 785G-M35
G.SKILL Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
Corsair CX400W
Cooler Master Elite 342
BenQ G2020HD 20"
BenQ DW200S DVD RW

Now to my questions,
1> Will the CX400 be able to handle a mid range graphics card in addition to some OCing which i plan to do in the future?

2> Until last week i was planning on getting the Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-US2H but i stumbled upon the DFI board this week and also saw some good reviews for the same, i understand that DFI and the Lanparty moniker are legendary in the gaming world but how is their support here in India? should i go ahead with this board or should i go for the Gigabyte board?

3> I was also confused with my choice for the RAM i had in mind the Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz (TW3X4G1333C9G) but found the G.Skill Sticks the better option given the fact that it is a PC 1600 module compared to the Corsair 1333 what do you think?

Thanks

Hey, have you heard the phrase "emptying you cup"??? No pun intended, If you already know so much why are asking for suggestions????

Anyways,

a) I'd suggest you go with the VX 450 instead... Your intention of OC'ing being the reason..

b) Local Warranty and repair is something you'll have to verify from the store you buy.. Yes, these boards have great reviews.. But with your current config, I don't think there is going to be much of a performance difference when you use these instead of Gigabyte..

c) Real life applications, there is really not much of a difference between 1333 MHz and 1600 MHz RAM's... Until and unless you want to run a lot of benchmarks and get bragging rights, I'd suggest the Corsair RAM's are the better choice..

best of luck with your rig....

As you many be lucky enough to unlock your 555BE to Quad plus Ocing that and a mid range GPU i would suggest the VX450as it will give more headroom for upgrades.

There is special offer from buygamingstuff. Chk dealers section. The VX450 sells for 3600 shipped :)

Appreciate the replies guys, i will go with the VX450 PSU will have a look at the offer in the dealers paradise section, as for the RAM let me see if i get a good deal on any one of them and will then decide.

Back